onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

14 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I’ve been to many MSL games , the most satisfying being the pre season Houston Dynamo beating the Lardies 3-0 . The standard is decent enough , but  Messi , Suarez and a few more aside , it’s boring for the most part. I’ve also  been to a few USL matches , and that’s Conference North at best.  Goalkeeper standards are high though, as America usually produces good keepers. 
Deklan  Wynne played for Detroit and then Charleston. Neither team has pullled up any roots.  We shall see how he fares. 

I have noticed that many teams seem to be playing on artificial turf. I really don't like artificial turf. But I also think it directly affects games. I went to Montrose 4 Alloa 3 in Scottish L1 recently. Montrose also use an artificial pitch. The thing I really noticed is that it's hard to defend on it and seemed to give the attacking team an advantage. In particular, the defenders are far less likely to launch themselves into blocking shots by way of sliding. 

With my subscriptions I have TV access to all the top European leagues except La Liga (annoyingly). The stuff over the pond is a decent standard but obviously nowhere near the level of the European leagues. So even though I can watch it, I don't. Rest home for great players coming to the end as well - e.g. Messi. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

Advert

20 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

A cheap foreign signing that nobody can moan about just yet because he is far too obscure for anyone to have seen play is a classic Norman Smurfwaite agent catalogue scenario. 

That’s what really pees me off is this signing of players who nobody can ever say they have ever seen play, because nobody from the club was in the states watching 2nd tier US league football in October when he last played. 

When will people actually learn from Rudge? What’s the point of having him at the club if we don’t learn from his example?

He never signed a player he had never not seen play live. Totally agree with him on that, so why does not the club? 

No offence meant here but do you actually ever say anything positive about the club or players? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I have zero faith. This team is shot and Wednesdays line up was pretty crap.

I am going for a morale sapping defeat.

Vale 0 - 2 Exeter 

5,755 in attendance. About 150 from Exeter.

I would love to be so wrong.

I think you will be wrong. Exeter will only bring120 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Pack the park. Haha. Come on mate. There won't be 6,000 there such is the absolute shower on show. All the cheering, clapping and shouting in the world won't turn this bunch into decent footballers anyway.

Moore will no doubt manage to select a starting 11 absolutely nobody else would pick.

We're down and have been for many weeks. Accept it and look forward to (hopefully) a rebuild.

I think it's good to give wholehearted support to your own football team.

Whichever that might be.

• Like 2

Exeter have sold 300 so far in fairness.

Its a huge game, they are in form but likely to experiment a bit and our need is greater so the minimum we should have is more desire and determination to get those points.

If results go our way and we won then we could almost be there Tuesday if Burton-Cheltenham drew and we got a result. If Cheltenham get ahead of us on points it becomes very difficult, plus a win may bring Cambridge and Shrewsbury into the equation in terms of us catching them.

• Like 1

I'm going try pick a team I think you eventually gotta start a team with intent and then bring off accordingly fitness permitting 

Ripley 

Sang Smith Wynne

.plant       Ojo       Grant    

Chislett Garrity 

Uche Loft 

Something like that with emphssis on high energy all over starting mainly at front 

Hopefully Wynne can be our Burrows charging up the pitch passing it how it should be passed .

One thing for sure we ain't  got a Ronnie Edwards could do with one replace limited back players we have got 

UTV 

Edited by Dipepa delight

On 11/04/2024 at 10:09, Vtid said:

Huge game! Let’s pack the park & rally them on 💪🏻 💙

Ripley 

Debrah   Smith   Yak

Sang        Plant      Ojo       Wynne

Garrity       Chizzy 

Uche 

Id stick Lomax RWB , put Sang in for Planty then Planty can play alongside Garrity and Dipepa up top 

18 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Because we're utter <ovf censored> from back to front and some of our players look like they have already accepted the inevitable. Every game now feels like we're a League Two side playing in the Cup against much better teams from the league above.

Careful mate , you're being a bit too negative for the natives liking 😆😆😆

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Id stick Lomax RWB , put Sang in for Planty then Planty can play alongside Garrity and Dipepa up top 

Lomax struggled last time he played & hasn’t made the bench since so can’t see him being involved now till next season, one for the future tho 👍🏻 

Edited by Vtid