onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

20 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Overspending to get promotion out of the Championship is not wiped out, ask Leicester what happened when they were previously promoted, about £4M from memory.

Wouldn’t ask Leicester, who had a Premier League standard squad to sustain when promoted this time and if you’re talking about the era when they came back after going down to league 1, then they went on to win the Premier League. Money well spent I’d say. 

Sadly we still live in a debt society. Mortgages and credit card debt are higher than ever and I had expected rising interest rates to hit clubs with existing huge debt piles, to help level playing fields. 

So far, that hope has yet to show any benefit to Vale. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Wouldn’t ask Leicester, who had a Premier League standard squad to sustain when promoted this time and if you’re talking about the era when they came back after going down to league 1, then they went on to win the Premier League. Money well spent I’d say. 

Sadly we still live in a debt society. Mortgages and credit card debt are higher than ever and I had expected rising interest rates to hit clubs with existing huge debt piles, to help level playing fields. 

So far, that hope has yet to show any benefit to Vale. 

We had 2 years of relatively decent budgets which DOF wasted on recruiting bang average players , sacking managers and improving the players facilities for what to go back to league 2. The debt/budget has been misspent that’s all and now we’re hoping CS corrects this with her hard earned . Do I think Moore will do a better job ? Well it’s a low bar he has to pass 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Well if we were watching the play off final,i aren't sure that any players there stood out really apart from maybe Osborne for Solihull but at 31 i doubt we would have interest there and Cheek for Bromley but same again at 32 we wont be in there either. Maybe we had someone at the Boston/Brackley play off final in the hope of a Gem(the lad Zac Mills maybe 🙂 )

Still some play off games for us(vale) to go watch though as DM hinted at that during Thursdays Q and A.

Edited by werstayinup

It might be interesting this week to see who is released from Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield as both those clubs will have many a player there who DM knows about,not perhaps for the bigger earners but maybe those with a few first team games or the younger lads

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Well if we were watching the play off final,i aren't sure that any players there stood out really apart from maybe Osborne for Solihull but at 31 i doubt we would have interest there and Cheek for Bromley but same again at 32 we wont be in there either. Maybe we had someone at the Boston/Brackley play off final in the hope of a Gem

Still some play off games for us(vale) to go watch though as DM hinted at that during Thursdays Q and A.

If we sold Chislett I’d say we should at least ask the question on Sbarra at Solihull who scored the first equaliser. He’s had injury issues the last year or so but looked over them in the playoff final and lasted the full 120 minutes easily.

Watched the NLN playoff game and nobody really stood out to me. Boston had Zak Mills playing for them but not sure we want to go there on that one… There is the South equivalent on today so maybe someone there?

8 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

If we sold Chislett I’d say we should at least ask the question on Sbarra at Solihull who scored the first equaliser. He’s had injury issues the last year or so but looked over them in the playoff final and lasted the full 120 minutes easily.

Watched the NLN playoff game and nobody really stood out to me. Boston had Zak Mills playing for them but not sure we want to go there on that one… There is the South equivalent on today so maybe someone there?

They would be silly if they weren't watching those kind of games as you never know.

There are a few players,I know someone who watches mainly national league/north/south players on a regular basis and although they haven't mentioned Sbarra,they have said there are plenty who could do a job higher up the leagues including Conn-Clarke at Altrincham as an attacking midfielder

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ooh Andy Porter said:

For someone who is enjoying life outside of football you're doing a hell of a lot of football forum posting.

I'm.stuck indoors at moment trying rid mesen of this virus I have got from work at a guess as that germ city that place .

Don't worry you won't hear a thing from me or a post as nothing comment on anyway really once better Oooh Andu Porter one of Vales great but thanks for noting that I have become very conversational lately which isn't me at all lol .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

They would be silly if they weren't watching those kind of games as you never know.

There are a few players,I know someone who watches mainly national league/north/south players on a regular basis and although they haven't mentioned Sbarra,they have said there are plenty who could do a job higher up the leagues including Conn-Clarke at Altrincham as an attacking midfielder

Some good young talent at the right age with experience of men’s football in NL & NLN level who just need a chance. 

I attended games each time we didn’t play.

Won’t be going very often next season as we won’t have an International break in L2😀

20 minutes ago, Badboybubba said:
4 hours ago, Griffalo said:
Looks like the first 2 to leave the building are the fitness guru DT and the analyst - DM clearly not happy with the fitness levels 

Where you seen about that please?

You'll have to take it on face value mate I can't give you proof 😉 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

I'm.stuck indoors at moment trying rid mesen of this virus I have got from work at a guess as that germ city that place .

Don't worry you won't hear a thing from me or a post as nothing comment on anyway really once better Oooh Andu Porter one of Vales great but thanks for noting that I have become very conversational lately which isn't me at all lol .

Get better soon mate, enjoy the summer and as big Dave told us this week come back with renewed energy to support the team. 

We are going to see a very different approach next season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

I've loved it since the age of 8 as up to 8 didn't like any sport at all just art and creative things .

I need a break from its obsession, VARs spoiled it ,and I'm now looking to see what's out there what's more enjoyable than it .

A night at the Darts Blackpool winter Gardens a great night buts it's only for one .

Horse racing a day at Uttoxeter it's a good day a few beers a giggle put some money probably lose no big deal 1 day a year .

Gym can do that every day where I joined got a pool sauna and steam do feel like I'm living my best life every day 💪

National trusts are good have a look round read etc got lost in history think you may have lived there in past life etc etc .

So much living be done fella I'm going do it weekends away I do that anyway doing a glider thing in a few weeks all good fella .

I've done my drinking not interested in thst anymore .

Football well if Vale don't do well I generally don't do well that's how it used be after this past season no more .

Hope DM can give me my love back for football I'm not accepting of Port Vale losing period

UTV 

Good on you. After this past season you can be excused for leaving the football at Vale for a year or two! 

• Confused 1