onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie Williams

The Robbie Williams ‘Homecoming’ concert in June 2022 was fantastic. And he showed off the new kit for 2022-23. Great advertisement, must have attracted the fans, non-fans and the interest of the general public at large. Must have been a nice little earner, too. So why has a Vale Park Robbie Williams concert not become an annual event? Drainage works at the end of last season prevented it in 2023? Anything planned for Robbie at Vale Park, concert-wise, in 2024?

Advert

I doubt they'd do the exact same event. Did the club actually make any money from it? It's a charity gig so proceeds went there. In some respects some of the infrastructure changes may have cost money.

For me, being entirely cynical, what would arguably be better would be occasional commercial gigs where, rather than charity, the club benefits from a cut of the gate receipts etc. I guess it depends on whether the club has a licence for such things. The fact they have invested in some improvements to make holding gigs there (i.e. removable hoardings, electricity supply points etc) suggests that they have. 

I doubt these could take place every summer but the odd one could be a nice money spinner. 

• Like 2

I’d like to know what the purpose of the whole “El Presidente” was. If the intention was to invest and/or attract investment, then it’s failed miserably and again made us look an absolute laughing stock. Wrexham we certainly ain’t.

The Robbie Williams ‘Homecoming’ concert in June 2022 was fantastic. And he showed off the new kit for 2022-23. Great advertisement, must have attracted the fans, non-fans and the interest of the general public at large. Must have been a nice little earner, too. So why has a Vale Park Robbie Williams concert not become an annual event? Drainage works at the end of last season prevented it in 2023? Anything planned for Robbie at Vale Park, concert-wise, in 2024?
Surely a wind up.

8 hours ago, RantingRon said:

I would guess the club lost money !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’d like to know what the purpose of the whole “El Presidente” was. If the intention was to invest and/or attract investment, then it’s failed miserably and again made us look an absolute laughing stock. Wrexham we certainly 

Edited by Playa Amodores

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

Another one of her publicity stunts, to fan her ego. She doesn’t realise ppl aren’t bothered with anything other than what’s happening on the pitch. To say the fayre, this year has been poor, is a polite understatement. 

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’d like to know what the purpose of the whole “El Presidente” was. If the intention was to invest and/or attract investment, then it’s failed miserably and again made us look an absolute laughing stock. Wrexham we certainly ain’t.

Wrexham fans were booing the team yesterday following their 0-1 home defeat to Tranmere

• Haha 1