onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

I think you might be onto summat there but I did expect more from DM but he's come across as someone who is completely out of his depth , he probably has got a release clause in his contract well I hope he has anyway , Ainsworth is the guy we need 

Carol will regain the fans trust if she 

F###s off Fraudcroft and his cronies and brings in a manager who will inspire the fan base 

Advert

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Are Vale capable of winning at Burton with Chislett.. Yes they are. 

Rovers dubbed today... Nothing to play for... Cambridge battered again

There is still hope however small

I’ll have a pint of which you’re drinking.  

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

If he wanted to play for the shirt, I would keep Funso as well as maybe Chissy. I reckon those 3 (including Garrity) are better than our promotion winning midfield a couple of years ago.

It's the defence that really needs sorting for me! Shocking. Players who were in the promotion side have gone down hill.

Also, might be a good idea to sign some strikers? Might be worth a thought? For league 2, I would keep Wilson.

Garrity was part of our promotion team whilst I’d have Worrall over Chislett any day and as for Wilson he seems to be doing his best to keep injury free before moving on in the Summer. 
I agree about the defence though, Ripley apart they can all go for me. Major surgery is required during the next transfer window but I can’t see even that to be enough for us to challenge next season. There’s usually two ways to get out of L2: through money at it like Wrexham and Stockport or build season on season like Mansfield and Exeter have done. I really can’t see us doing a Wrexham.

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think you might be onto summat there but I did expect more from DM but he's come across as someone who is completely out of his depth , he probably has got a release clause in his contract well I hope he has anyway 

F####  off Fraudcroft and his cronies and brings in a manager who will inspire us Ainsworth is the guy we need

22 minutes ago, PVP said:

Oxford finished 1 place below us last season and this season they are currently in a play off position.  Not much between the 2 clubs in terms of size, support and maybe revenue but they were better than us today in every department, what a difference 12 months makes.  Over the past couple of years I have been really really positive about where we are as a football club, good owners, good structure, good vision (Championship Ready) and some good infrastructure improvements.  And now.....well back to what we are used to..... Maybe one day somebody will come along and make this a successful club with some consistency.

You say not much between the clubs financially but they paid £400,000 for Goodwin in January. When did we last pay a fee like that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

5 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think you might be onto summat there but I did expect more from DM but he's come across as someone who is completely out of his depth , he probably has got a release clause in his contract well I hope he has anyway 

F####  off Fraudcroft and his cronies and brings in a manager who will inspire us # Ainsworth would be good

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

7 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think you might be onto summat there but I did expect more from DM but he's come across as someone who is completely out of his depth , he probably has got a release clause in his contract well I hope he has anyway Ainsworth is the guy we need 

F####  off Fraudcroft and his cronies and brings in a manager who will inspire us 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

You say not much between the clubs financially but they paid £400,000 for Goodwin in January. When did we last pay a fee like that?

Shows one club with ambition and one with none just happy to take fans monies on false pretences 

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Garrity was part of our promotion team whilst I’d have Worrall over Chislett any day and as for Wilson he seems to be doing his best to keep injury free before moving on in the Summer. 
I agree about the defence though, Ripley apart they can all go for me. Major surgery is required during the next transfer window but I can’t see even that to be enough for us to challenge next season. There’s usually two ways to get out of L2: through money at it like Wrexham and Stockport or build season on season like Mansfield and Exeter have done. I really can’t see us doing a Wrexham.

Major surgery required! Defo!

Even though most of the players are contracted next season, surely a few of these clowns will move on! Got to get some footballers in!

First off I don't pretend to have any knowledge of tactics and formations, but from my long support of the Vale, this is by a long way the worst team that I can remember. Firstly the Manager's Reputation counts for nothing it is not how you manage good talent it is how you handle average or poor players, I recall Gordon Lee who took a very average bunch and just made them hard to beat and that was all supporters back then asked for and I am sure that is the same today so to that extent the current Manager is failing. Secondly, the owner. Back then money was tight and what was available was prioritised on playing staff, supporters accepted our hand-to-mouth existence and bought into the underdog "us against the world attitude". I like the improvements to the match day experience but this is negated by the embarrassing playing performance and in my opinion the playing performance is the priority so sad to say, the owner is also failing. So in my opinion, if we are to retain our football league status  (and it is that bad) we need to return to the basics by scouting for talent and then negotiating a deal if possible rather than networking through agents for their offerings. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just watched the post match interviews on YouTube and Massey talks like he has defeat in every syllable. 

get rid of FLITCROFT 

we need a new back 3 or 4. Every single one is utter Sh/te. We need some bigger and stronger midfielders….Roy Keane types who can fight and hold the ball. We need a Pope up front

• Like 2