onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst vale team ever

38 minutes ago, Row L said:

I'm not sure its down to Moore. He hasn't given the bounce that I was expecting, but it was an unbalanced and dispirited squad long long before he joined. We haven't been a real unit all season.

I doubt even Pep or Klopp could get a tune out of our squad, so it’s a free hit for Moore. Granted, he’s missing but none of it is down to him. 

Edited by Rudgies Flat Cap
  • Like 1

Advert

2 hours ago, Row L said:

I'm not sure its down to Moore. He hasn't given the bounce that I was expecting, but it was an unbalanced and dispirited squad long long before he joined. We haven't been a real unit all season.

Tbh people had their doubts on Moore before his appointment. 3 wins out of 23 games speaks volumes and therefore his current record no shock at all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudgies Flat Cap said:

I doubt even Pep or Klopp could get a tune out of our squad, so it’s a free hit for Moore. Granted, he’s missing but none of it is down to him. 

Which is why Crosby was made a scapegoat. None of this is his fault as discussed many times

• Confused 1

Just now, Killersrevenge44 said:

Tbh people had their doubts on Moore before his appointment. 3 wins out of 23 games speaks volumes and therefore his current record no shock at all

So do we blame Moore for the last two January windows, and the lack of signings. Made worse by letting Pett, Worrall, Charsley, Cass, Hall, Benning etc go with no replacements in place. Moore could perhaps be blamed for some of the performances of late, but boy has he inherited a bag of tripe. 
Thanks Carol and Flitters for that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rob1983 said:
20 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:
Yep. Hooper had a great chance at the end as well. You’re right, that we won’t get 40.

Hooper went off in the first half mate!

My memory’s a little hazy these days, you’re right it was De Freitas. Apologies JJ! But I forgot we also had Chris Eagles as well who scored at Walsall.

4 hours ago, Rudgies Flat Cap said:

The quality in the squad is woeful, but it's slightly concerning that the players showed more intensity and commitment for Will Ryders 2 games, than we've seen for any of Darren Moores. 

• Like 1

I think the absolute pits for me was Dean Glovers team. Midfield pairing of Neil McKenzie and Ross Davidson with Klye Perry and Danny Glover up front, Chris Slater at the back. We were so lucky that season as it was only Luton starting on -30. Rotherham and Bournemouth on -17 and Chester being truly horrific that kept us up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Row L said:

In my mind, this is one of the worse teams that I have seen in 40 years. I don't think that individually the players are worse than some I have seen, but there is zero unity. They look bereft of team spirit (something we had in abundance under Clarke and Adams) and we need to almost build them up again from the ground

As illustrated by no-one except Chiz congratulating DiPepa on his first professional goal on Saturday. With a couple of exceptions they’re  just going through the motions to pick up a pay packet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old fort said:

The quality in the squad is woeful, but it's slightly concerning that the players showed more intensity and commitment for Will Ryders 2 games, than we've seen for any of Darren Moores. 

I can’t argue with that. I still can’t believe these players are as bad as they look at the minute though. Something is not right and it goes right back to the many of the same bunch downing tools towards the end of DCs time in charge. 

2 hours ago, BlytheValiant said:

As illustrated by no-one except Chiz congratulating DiPepa on his first professional goal on Saturday. With a couple of exceptions they’re  just going through the motions to pick up a pay packet.

Yes, a functional team makes a big deal of that, even if we were 2 down at the time. Massive moment for a 17 year old. I think going through the motions is being kind. They aren’t even doing that. Imagine making it as a pro footballer and then not leaving everything out on the pitch every week. These lads will be in for a shock the day they realise there is a world outside of football where nobody wipes your arse for you and you have to put a shift in or you get fired. It’s going to be a shock to their systems.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2024 at 17:22, sandyford_valiant said:

As a 42 year old I’d say We’ve had some pretty bad teams in league one and league two and somehow managed to stay up but for in terms of quality lacking all over the pitch and this situation was completely avoidable then I think this is probably the worst for me. We lack fight, strength, pace and most importantly ability. If it wasn’t for watching Ollie and Alfie for some part of the season and a bit of joy to watch two players like that then I’d probably say I haven’t enjoyed many games at all this season. It’s been a complete waste. 

its the worst team ive seen since 1987. and ive seen some dross.

On 12/03/2024 at 16:31, Killersrevenge44 said:

Which is why Crosby was made a scapegoat. None of this is his fault as discussed many times

Not sure none of it was his fault but hear what you are saying. Moore has not been any better so the problem likely lies elsewhere. But I don’t think it’s one person. It’s bigger than that. I fear we might end up where Forest Green are now if we aren’t careful.

• Like 2

My opinion of the team is that yes, it is poor.  However, that's not the main problem.  The main problem is its lack of balance and its overall, well, weakness.

In nearly 40 years of now supporting Vale, I've possibly seen a poorer team in terms of individual talent, but I have certainly never seen a weaker squad.  For the first time that I can ever remember, I cannot name you my preferred starting 11 from this squad.  We simply cannot field one that in any way looks adequate.  From a fully fit squad, any first 11 contains compromises of players being shoe-horned into positions that they are not suited to nor can successfully play.

And that is exactly why I am so damn adamant that this DoF and his recruitment team need to sling their hooks back to obscurity.  They have failed and are clearly out of their depth.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Bede said:

My opinion of the team is that yes, it is poor.  However, that's not the main problem.  The main problem is its lack of balance and its overall, well, weakness.

In nearly 40 years of now supporting Vale, I've possibly seen a poorer team in terms of individual talent, but I have certainly never seen a weaker squad.  For the first time that I can ever remember, I cannot name you my preferred starting 11 from this squad.  We simply cannot field one that in any way looks adequate.  From a fully fit squad, any first 11 contains compromises of players being shoe-horned into positions that they are not suited to nor can successfully play.

And that is exactly why I am so damn adamant that this DoF and his recruitment team need to sling their hooks back to obscurity.  They have failed and are clearly out of their depth.

Great post mate that absolutely sums up how the i feel about it all. I sit there constantly watching players struggle in positions there not comfortable in and i cant see how they have allowed this to happen. Even now your telling me there is no free agents that could strengthen us just a little bit we dont even need world beaters at this point just someone who can play in there natural position but they sit back and have done nothing. Ive never felt so disengaged with a vale team in all my life so many forgettable players no characters it just bland. These people this is there job they supposedly spend hours and hours and hours looking into players to fit our system and ethos and this is what they came up with? Seriously?

• Like 3