onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

4 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Have you seen him trying to keep up, running, against opponents? He is sluggish.Don't understand how you cannot see that, week in, week out!

His dawdling yesterday leading to the chance which lead to the corner was embarrassing. Dexterity of a tortoise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert

30 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Jean, I’m sorry but I’m not following your point with that argument. The President of the USA leaders of the free world a self proclaimed title. He is over 80 years are you happy with him.? Just saying. I’ve been attending for over 50 years but I don’t put anywhere near the money into the club as others. Also that seems exclusionary to younger fans who are the fans of the future. 

My response was because a poster suggested those at the meeting weren't genuine fans.  There were young people there as well.  Take myself and my better half away and the average age is dramatically reduced!  I'm not sure why Joe Biden is relevant in this debate - is he a closet Vale fan??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Re the line about "assuming all fans are morons" - I think there has been a lot of that recently.

Earlier on in the season when our sole tactic was passing it back to Ripley every time we get the ball - we had Ojo/DF and Crosby talk about "educating the fans" on why this is the best way to play and that anyone that disagreed was a pleb.

Then we had Carol's pathetic letter telling us all what an amazing job DF is doing (without mentioning what was happening on the pitch).

Even going back to last season when Carol said we'd "had a good January window" - we all knew we didn't.

Maybe, just maybe, the fans have a point here and actually know more than the "professionals" ruining the club?

I've fixed that for you.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

My response was because a poster suggested those at the meeting weren't genuine fans.  There were young people there as well.  Take myself and my better half away and the average age is dramatically reduced!  I'm not sure why Joe Biden is relevant in this debate - is he a closet Vale fan??

8 people = 500 years  average 60 ish years

Take away yourself and your better half [ 74 yrs alone ] and i would guess ...

6 people = 380 years  average 60 ish years

** To get some 40 years vale fans there has to be one or two over 80 years. Not too young then ?

Personally i am totally happy with everyone i have heard was present. Just hope you all have the desired effect. Unfortunately things will only get worse. Until Flitcroft is cleared out, together with the majority of the players he has signed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sick of all the name calling, abuse, etc being directed at all and sundry on social media and at games. Most of you are grown men FFS.

Surely the most effective way for those who want to protest is to vote with your feet and your wallets. Don't go to games, don't buy a ST, and basically don't put any money into the club at all. This will give Carol only 3 options:

1. Increase her subsidy of the club to keep it going and DF in place;

2. Sell the club, which would mean DF goes too;

3. Get rid of DF and hope the missing fans return.

Hitting someone in their pocket is usually the most guaranteed way to effect the change that some of you crave

• Like 6

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Have you seen him trying to keep up, running, against opponents? He is sluggish.Don't understand how you cannot see that, week in, week out!

All that means is that some players are quicker than him at this level. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

8 people = 500 years  average 60 ish years

Take away yourself and your better half [ 74 yrs alone ] and i would guess ...

6 people = 380 years  average 60 ish years

** To get some 40 years vale fans there has to be one or two over 80 years. Not too young then ?

Personally i am totally happy with everyone i have heard was present. Just hope you all have the desired effect. Unfortunately things will only get worse. Until Flitcroft is cleared out, together with the majority of the players he has signed.

Sorry, I should have added the three guys on Zoom. So it was actually 11 folk. My better half were quite a lot he saw his first game in 1950 and mine was 1972. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

So sick of all the name calling, abuse, etc being directed at all and sundry on social media and at games. Most of you are grown men FFS.

Surely the most effective way for those who want to protest is to vote with your feet and your wallets. Don't go to games, don't buy a ST, and basically don't put any money into the club at all. This will give Carol only 3 options:

1. Increase her subsidy of the club to keep it going and DF in place;

2. Sell the club, which would mean DF goes too;

3. Get rid of DF and hope the missing fans return.

Hitting someone in their pocket is usually the most guaranteed way to effect the change that some of you crave

Absolutely. Start a campaign suggesting that supporters don't renew their season tickets, buy the new shirt, buy event tickets etc until Flickers is gone. Set up a picket line around the club shop and ticket office to put off potential scabs. This is OUR club Carol. We'll get our way because Port Vale is the fans. No fans, no club. Listen to the room and do the right thing.

Edited by bobbymanc
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely. Start a campaign suggesting that supporters don't renew their season tickets, buy the new shirt, buy event tickets etc until Flickers is gone. Set up a picket line around the club shop and ticket office to put off potential scabs. This is OUR club Carol. We'll get our way because Port Vale is the fans. No fans, no club. Listen to the room and do the right thing.
So those who won't agree with the perceived 'majority' view will be scabs and it's a case of mob rule? Jesus Christ
  • Like 1