onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

1 minute ago, Bede said:

Happy to prove you wrong Paul.

Black & Gold have continued to exist since its inception back in about 2008/9, in the background, to gauge fans' feelings and I suppose judge the performance of the club.  We have an excellent source of research to delve deeper into things.

Mark Porter is the chair of the SC and, until recently, the meetings were held on the final Thursday of each month.  However, we have just changed that to bi-monthly to allow us to have more regular committee meetings to allow us to operate better.  Sadly, our website got hacked and damaged so we are struggling for an official means of communications whilst our new one is currently being built.  (I'm the SC secretary by the way)

Tell you why we represent you?  We listen at meetings and we listen to fans in the stands, in the pubs, on social media and on forums such as this.  We represent you by collectively discussing what we can do within our powers as supporter groups.  That has led to lots of very frank dialogue with the club over the past couple of months, resulting in this meeting to hit it all face on with the people at the top.

Yes, this meeting was face to face.  No, we have not been pacified and nobody, not a single person, has changed their views on David Flitcroft or the disconnect between fans and club.  I'm absolutely astounded at the bizarre criticisms that we've 'had our bellies tickled' and other such nonsense.  As a result of our initial meeting, the club now fully understand the deep-rooted issues the fans have. It is the first step in a long road ahead.

There will, of course, be further communication back to the fans, no doubt from both sides, but we also have to be pragmatic and sensible.  We will do nothing knee-jerk.

The fans have had faith in those groups to act for the betterment of the club in the past.  We ask for the same again.

Here’s my issue Steve and you know I respect you. 
I honestly do not believe that the club understands the issues the fans have!

That statement mate. Come on.

I don’t care about anything other than getting David Flitcroft out of this club.

That’s my only issue.

And yet they have to make a point in their statement about the DOF and the disagreement in between the said parties that were there!!

I am happily proved wrong if she sacks him today but if he’s still here in the summer we are doomed.

You know me. I was black and gold. The amount of money and my relationship by the way, suffered for this club. To save my club. I just don’t get the black and gold thing right now.

If you were there, and by the way I would have loved to be there, I would have just gone, “David Flitcroft. Sack him”

No politics. Just rhyme off every failure on the pitch he has made.

Dropped my pint and walk out.

It’s really not rocket science Steve but take a few hours, think about Smurthwaite, (I’m not saying this is happening again) but he did similar in the early years. 

Flitcroft goes. 
The club resets. 
Flitcroft stays. 
The club has cancer.

It’s pretty simple mate regardless of any politics and any factions. 

• Like 5

Advert

9 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I wasn’t there, Paul. Nowt to do with me.

It’s 8:06am on a Thursday and you’re absolutely frothing at the mouth on a football forum over a meeting, taking shots at all and sundry.

Please, go and eat some breakfast and maybe go outside. This isn’t that deep. It comes across as quite unhealthy.

I work nights mate. If that’s ok with you?

My 8.06am is your 8.06pm.

Best not judge eh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Firstly “youth”. I’m a 43 year old man who has lived away from home for 25 years.

Secondly, I don’t doubt whatsoever that any Vale fan has the club at heart. We all do. 

Thirdly. You say I’ve contributed little? Is that right? Where have I contributed little? How much do you know of what i have contributed to this club?

Im glad the meeting happened. 

Brilliant.

So instead of having a go at me, tell your friends at NLV and the supporters club and the Black and Gold (which really is pathetic now and shouldn’t be involved) to make statements on their behalf, through their own organisations, to let the average fan know what is going on and how those talks went.

The statement from the club went on about communication and yet no supporter knew this was happening??!! 
So don’t fans have a right to be pissed off and be in the dark?

You had a pop at all the groups, I responded with a bit of humour.

We, majority of the fans are all of the same opinion, that has been communicated.

18 hours ago, MBE said:

Statement says nothing.

We meet, we exchange views, nothing agreed. Please support the team.

I find it really patronising. The fans have been probably the best they have been all season since Moore took over really backing the players. Frustrations about other issues have been left at the turnstile. 

I will be very honest and say I’m getting really pissed off with the club. For 2 years they keep acknowledging communication needs to be better yet here we are still.

All that needs to happen is the DoF to front up and explain what’s happened in the transfer window.

It’s not rocket science.

How I feel whatever the outcome I’m done. No more season tickets, I’m fed up of being treated like a child by the club.

I begin to wonder if they actually care about the fan base? (what a crazy thing to say - given the unity when the Shanahans bought the club)

To me the club is on a downward spiral heading into oblivion. Bad decision after bad decision, financial ruin through complacency and listening to one person. To me things appear as 'bad as ever' - it feels strange having to say that.

My support is in serious doubt after this. I'll always love the Vale but won't finance incompetence and ignorance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I begin to wonder if they actually care about the fan base? (what a crazy thing to say - given the unity when the Shanahans bought the club)

To me the club is on a downward spiral heading into oblivion. Bad decision after bad decision, financial ruin through complacency and listening to one person. To me things appear as 'bad as ever' - it feels strange having to say that.

My support is in serious doubt after this. I'll always love the Vale but won't finance incompetence and ignorance.

I actually think Carol is looking for a way out. I expected, after the sale of Synectics to have heard that it was the start of a new era of commitment to the club and that the sale would be used to support the club as much as possible. An owner with real enthusiasm would be looking to affirm a bright future. 

Reflecting, the whole Robbie President thing was probably just a move to generate interest in the club and make a sale more attractive. I have seen little to suggest a long term dedication as much of that has stalled. 

Some will say why all the money on Darren Moore? Well, putting all this money on management makes a club far more attractive to buy. A club full of expensive players does not. 

When Smurfwaite bought Vale the biggest draw was Mickey Adams, because he even said himself, he had huge respect for him. Buyers want a good structure in place. They don’t want an expensive, failing squad lumbered with long contracts. The motivation of getting the club “shop window ready” is the only way a squad filled with loans makes any sense. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I actually think Carol is looking for a way out. I expected, after the sale of Synectics to have heard that it was the start of a new era of commitment to the club and that the sale would be used to support the club as much as possible. An owner with real enthusiasm would be looking to affirm a bright future. 

Reflecting, the whole Robbie President thing was probably just a move to generate interest in the club and make a sale more attractive. I have seen little to suggest a long term dedication as much of that has stalled. 

Some will say why all the money on Darren Moore? Well, putting all this money on management makes a club far more attractive to buy. A club full of expensive players does not. 

When Smurfwaite bought Vale the biggest draw was Mickey Adams, because he even said himself, he had huge respect for him. Buyers want a good structure in place. They don’t want an expensive, failing squad lumbered with long contracts. The motivation of getting the club “shop window ready” is the only way a squad filled with loans makes any sense. 

Yep, there's obviously something going on, hence the allegiance to DF by Carol. It has been all smoke and mirrors for a while, lumbering on with make-do signings and knee jerk appointments. This won't end well as the masses will be livid once realisation creeps in. Unbelievable, but when you think back TJH, many of us DID question the appointment of a DOF in the first place. "Go with your gut feel", they say. Tiring, the lot of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bede said:

Black & Gold have continued to exist since its inception back in about 2008/9, in the background, to gauge fans' feelings and I suppose judge the performance of the club.  We have an excellent source of research to delve deeper into things.

Mark Porter is the chair of the SC and, until recently, the meetings were held on the final Thursday of each month.  However, we have just changed that to bi-monthly to allow us to have more regular committee meetings to allow us to operate better.  Sadly, our website got hacked and damaged so we are struggling for an official means of communications whilst our new one is currently being built.  (I'm the SC secretary by the way)

Tell you why we represent you?  We listen at meetings and we listen to fans in the stands, in the pubs, on social media and on forums such as this.  We represent you by collectively discussing what we can do within our powers as supporter groups.  That has led to lots of very frank dialogue with the club over the past couple of months, resulting in this meeting to hit it all face on with the people at the top.

Yes, this meeting was face to face.  No, we have not been pacified and nobody, not a single person, has changed their views on David Flitcroft or the disconnect between fans and club.  I'm absolutely astounded at the bizarre criticisms that we've 'had our bellies tickled' and other such nonsense.  As a result of our initial meeting, the club now fully understand the deep-rooted issues the fans have. It is the first step in a long road ahead.

There will, of course, be further communication back to the fans, no doubt from both sides, but we also have to be pragmatic and sensible.  We will do nothing knee-jerk.

The fans have had faith in those groups to act for the betterment of the club in the past.  We ask for the same again.

I have used the “belly tickled” metaphor in response to the official statement from the club and I wholeheartedly stand by that sentiment. Now, if you were in attendance and can offer a different opinion of how the meeting panned out then I totally respect that and view it as a more holistic picture of events.

How this was initially interpreted by me was something akin to when I when I was a kid and being told, “you stay in the car with this bottle of coke and a bag of salt n shake whilst the rest of us go in the Bleeding Wolf”.

I think your post delivers a bit of reality to the situation.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

You had a pop at all the groups, I responded with a bit of humour.

We, majority of the fans are all of the same opinion, that has been communicated.

After the meeting on Monday, did you come out thinking that Flitcroft will still be the Director of Football next season?

Thank you for doing the meeting by the way

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Emile said:

You have to question what the point of the meeting was. 

I guess, the supporters requested the meeting because they are feeling the resentment building in the club between the fans and the owner.

Did this meeting quell this resentment? The answer on here is clearly no.

Would you seriously have expected to have achieved that after one meeting?  Would you seriously have expected the D o F to be sacked by the club after one meeting with fans?  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bede said:

Bede, I and I’ll assume others are pleased with what you and others do and how you represent us. This is to do with fans passion and frustration for the club and how we don’t feel that the club mirrors this. It’s to do with the product on the pitch, fans feel we’re being treated like second class citizens, I’m an RP spectator. I’ve never thought we could play in the championship and would just be happy being entertained at games. I remember being in the ticket shop buying an away ticket when we were taken over and she walked in. I took the time to thank her for what she’d done and she also gave me her time albeit to tell me that they’d paid over the odds for the club. I can’t tell you how pleased I felt having spoken to our new owner, face to face. Then there was ppl saying what she’d done for relatives who’d sadly passed away. All that was brilliant and that made us all believe we had someone who shared our enthusiasm unlike the tyrant before. That’s seems like a life time ago. I’ve said before if we win great if we lose I’m disappointed but the way in which we lose speaks volumes. No shots on goal at Derby extremely lack lustre performances where no one seems to care. There are things fundamentally wrong at the club and it appears no one is bothered apart from the fans. The John Rudge evening she had a ticket and refused to attend was the because DC and CG were in attendance.? Please just sell the club instead of empire building. Do I want a membership at Dimensions with 10% off.? No, I would prefer the toilets to be rebuilt in the RP and fans in general want to come and watch the football.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Would you seriously have expected to have achieved that after one meeting?  Would you seriously have expected the D o F to be sacked by the club after one meeting with fans?  

I didn't say I expected him to be sacked. 

I asked what the purpose of the meeting was and if it achieved it's objectives. 

I don't think it has achieved anything unless it was to maintain the infighting and discontent amongst supporters

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That's a really good post that is

And to be honest I think you might be 

On to something there regarding Carol 

May be looking at selling due to a number of factors , maybe she's lost the enthusiasm or could it be she's annoyed the fanbase still want Fraudcroft binned off , who knows  mate 

• Thanks 1