onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

4 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I genuinely don't have a problem with Massey as a squad player in fact the games we have played well in this season he has performed and made a difference. Doesn't have much time off injured and I think he tries his best.

Flicroft Out.

Whilst undoubtedly he's been poor on many occasions ( haven't they all ) I warmed to him more when he started getting booed onto the pitch. Appalling. 

He's been a victim of being thrown on or indeed started literally anywhere . One week wing back, then as one of three up top, back to one of 5 in midfield etc. Versatility has done him no favours. 

• Like 9

Advert

10 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Not sure if people have watched the pre-match interview, but they really should. It's genuinely one of the best I've ever heard as a Vale fan. I've pinched this off Bagger's blog which is an extract from it. If this doesn't get everyone up for Saturday, I don't know what will. Saturday is do or die in my opinion. We need everyone, fans and players on it from minute one. No one leave anything out there.

“When this place is in full voice, it is a fantastic stadium to be in. Vale fans, you have been magnificent since I have arrived. I thank them all personally for the reception they gave me and the support they are giving me now.

“This is a personal message to all of them. Please come and help us, we need you. Do it more than anything for the badge. You have supported this football club through years, through generations of your families.

“This badge you see me now touching – do it for the badge. The club needs you. You have been there through thick and thin for this football club and, no doubt whatever happens on Saturday, you will come here again and be in full voice. You are a credit.

“One thing I have said to the players is the one consistent is that Vale fans will turn up, it is their club and they are passionate. They will show that.

“What we have to do is match on the pitch that energy in the stadium. Saturday gives us that opportunity.

“If there is a fan sitting next to you and they are quiet, man or woman, boy or girl, give them a little nudge and get them to be in full voice. That would be greatly appreciated.”

As Sean Bean would say.

DO IT FOR BURSLEM 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Listened to Moores press conference.

He says the players have come to blows. In as many words anyway. As he says people had to step in and it shows they care. Now is that because they care or is that dressing room fractured? 
Im looking at leaders and good characters and don’t see many. Conlon and Pett lifted that play off trophy. Now I see a half arsed Ojo and Smith. Garrity is the only real leader I see. Certainly on the pitch. So prove us wrong.

Another thing I took from it was that he said they’ve taken a step back from what matters and that’s fight and passion. Now, I’ll say that this is because of the philosophy thrown upon these players by the DOF and Crosby. 
I said it after Middlesbrough. It was pathetic. Pass, pass, pass, tippy tappy crap. We’ve done it all season. We don’t make a <ovf censored> tackle. So hopefully we’ll see some blood and thunder from now to the end of the season.

His “war cry” to the fans was really good. I like how he’s trying to create a bond. I like the fact he acknowledges the superb support all season. All of that can only be a good thing.

And after all of that we get to the young lads. 
And I’m just rolling my eyes. 
It’s almost convincing the fans that they are world beaters and deserve to be there!! 
It’s like a script from Carol and David! 
Im sorry Darren but not one of them are good enough right now and shouldn’t be in this dog fight. 
And therein lies the problem. Because some of them are keeping senior players out of the team. And make no mistake those senior players aren’t good enough either! 

But. That being said. Fresh start on Saturday. He’s had a full week on the training pitch. So let’s see who is up for the fight and who isn’t.

A win gives us hope. 
A draw will be deflating. 
A defeat and you may as well turn off the lights.

It really is last chance saloon. 

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Brilliant post ST

11 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Not sure if people have watched the pre-match interview, but they really should. It's genuinely one of the best I've ever heard as a Vale fan. I've pinched this off Bagger's blog which is an extract from it. If this doesn't get everyone up for Saturday, I don't know what will. Saturday is do or die in my opinion. We need everyone, fans and players on it from minute one. No one leave anything out there.

“When this place is in full voice, it is a fantastic stadium to be in. Vale fans, you have been magnificent since I have arrived. I thank them all personally for the reception they gave me and the support they are giving me now.

“This is a personal message to all of them. Please come and help us, we need you. Do it more than anything for the badge. You have supported this football club through years, through generations of your families.

“This badge you see me now touching – do it for the badge. The club needs you. You have been there through thick and thin for this football club and, no doubt whatever happens on Saturday, you will come here again and be in full voice. You are a credit.

“One thing I have said to the players is the one consistent is that Vale fans will turn up, it is their club and they are passionate. They will show that.

“What we have to do is match on the pitch that energy in the stadium. Saturday gives us that opportunity.

“If there is a fan sitting next to you and they are quiet, man or woman, boy or girl, give them a little nudge and get them to be in full voice. That would be greatly appreciated.”

It's a bit like Churchill's we shall fight them on the beaches and never surrender speech .... problem is the lack of fighting spirit in our squad,but hopefully I shall be proven wrong tomorrow... UTV.. VTID 

Edited by Splodger
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mellor! said:

To be fair it was a really good battle cry from DM but talk is cheap the players have got to go out and there and do the business show passion and fight and we'll back you to the hilt 👍

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

To be fair it was a really good battle cry from DM but talk is cheap the players have got to go out and there and do the business show passion and fight and we'll back you to the hilt 👍

I agree with you. Loved the interview. 

But as per Lincoln. Go a goal down and we shoot ourselves in the foot. Flat as a witches from then on. 

Atmosphere v Fleetwood for one of our lowest crowds was excellent at times. 

No more moronic booing of our own players would be good. 

By all means boo them off as a collective but I really dislike the booing of Massey and Loft. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

I doubt we will see Ikpaezo again

I think you will be in for a nice surpise. 

He's been running on the grass for at least 2 weeks and had started to do more drills. I haven't seen him yet involved in the 10 v 10 games yet but if he's not on the bench in at least the next 3 games I will be amazed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

I think you will be in for a nice surpise. 

He's been running on the grass for at least 2 weeks and had started to do more drills. I haven't seen him yet involved in the 10 v 10 games yet but if he's not on the bench in at least the next 3 games I will be amazed.

Pleasant surprise. Cheers for that .

Has Wilson been training? 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Pleasant surprise. Cheers for that .

Has Wilson been training? 

Yes he was involved in a 10 v 10 session yesterday as was Loft. No real clues to the line up Saturday it was mix and match on both sides.

Interestingly though Ojo and Chislett didn't take part. They were involved in the light training drills with Uche which makes me even more convinced Ojo hasn't thrown it in but is managing his injury.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, MBE said:

Yes he was involved in a 10 v 10 session yesterday as was Loft. No real clues to the line up Saturday it was mix and match on both sides.

Interestingly though Ojo and Chislett didn't take part. They were involved in the light training drills with Uche which makes me even more convinced Ojo hasn't thrown it in but is managing his injury.

Two more bodies once fit at least gives some optimism. Hardly been bulging the net Uche and Wilson, but I've really felt for Dipepa at times although he got a good assist v Fleetwood. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 18:10, Raveninblack said:

I went to the Derby game and it appeared to me that the players had accepted the expectancy of relegation with no strike force and we didn’t even have a shot on target but those off target don’t win games and playing played out of position isn’t doesn’t work but loft had another great game and so good I didn’t see him; in my opinion we have get rid of jones who is awful as is Massy and loft and we need a clear out; move Smith on and I doubt Wilson will stay but who on earth would buy Loft as he is awful in my opinion and the person who gave these controut Willy nilly has to be removed and at Derby it was clear “” Flitcroft get out of our club you helped put bury into bankruptcy and if you stay your record won’t improve 

Love a bit of punctuation, me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5