onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics Sold

14 minutes ago, Railwayman said:

Rumours & conjecture ?

For Christ’s sake open yours eyes man !!

Ok...tell me exactly what's happened? Event by event? Or are you making assumptions...conjecture? And don't go missing bits out, like "we've had 3 bad windows" - WHY have we? Who did we miss out on, and why? Was he working within financial constraints set by Carol? Give me the actual facts, man...not just conjecture and assumption - because - if you don't know the full facts, that's all you have!

Advert

11 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I don’t need to know him personally to question his professional abilities.

Like many things in life you either choose to see the obvious in front of you or you don’t.

Three transfer windows have put us in this position.

I spoke out about Bratt and co years before everyone got him out.

I spoke out about Smurthwaite years before we got him out. 
I had dogs abuse from a lot of people. Me and others on here fought to get our club back way before the sentinel and radio stoke got involved. We called that crook out for what he is.

Now with Carol I’ve got no issue in her owning the club. What she has done has been amazing in many aspects. BUT like Smurthwaite and Bratt before hand, when you see something isn’t right, I’ll speak up. And I’ll be damned if I stand and watch David Flitcroft RUIN this football club with his excuses and ineptness every transfer window.

Remember. When we go down don’t get angry then. Don’t get angry when we have another shower of <ovf censored> transfer window in August. Don’t get angry when they publish a meet and greet and he manipulates you all again with his lies and promises. 

It’s March 1st tomorrow. Still no free agents in the door although remember he told you all we are looking in the market. We’ve been looking in the market for 18 months.

Oh and by the way, on the back of all the <ovf censored> he is getting, he doesn’t even come out and man it up himself in a trip to radio stoke or a letter from himself. Nope. He sends Carol to do an open letter. Or he has enough control over her for her to do that. This is why I see narcissistic tendencies.

Think about it.

That’s it in a nutshell , right there. Flitcroft will take us to the National League if we don’t wake up. He has previous , and  the fact that Carol keeps employing him is either one or two things. She’s too stubborn to sack him , or he’s a narcissist. I’m going with the 2nd one. 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Loft...aged 26, btw. has been basically a 1 in 4 goalscorer

1 in 7 including youth goals.

except for Bristol Rovers where he was 1 in 3.

1 in 8.

So, oin the face of it, a reasonable target?

Not really, no.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I partially agree - except, until coming up to Christmas, and Ollie and Alfie got recalled, most were saying how good we looked!

We beat Northampton 1-0 on the 16th September and then it was nearly 3 months before we won another league game which was on the 9th December.

From when we lost at home to Cheltenham on the 28th October, most people were not happy and started questioning the manager & recruitment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Wow...that IS an expectation! If Carol decides she needs him at the club, it will be in this role, She's not likely to demote him, I don't think? But, I do see where you're coming from - I just don't like to question professional people's abilities unless I know them, personally, and work with them, and I don't form ideas about them based on rumours, conjecture or the obvious loathing and pre-conceptions some fans have for DF, particularly, and the role of DoF, which they think doesn't  belong in a League 1 club!  

We can question it though because we all pay good money to watch it , Fraudcroft has failed in his duties to recruit players when we needed them the most that's abject failure in my book.and he should be binned off asap 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

That’s it in a nutshell , right there. Flitcroft will take us to the National League if we don’t wake up. He has previous , and  the fact that Carol keeps employing him is either one or two things. She’s too stubborn to sack him , or he’s a narcissist. I’m going with the 2nd one. 

We all need to stand together and

Make our voices heard 

Force Fraudcroft out of our club  👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I partially agree - except, until coming up to Christmas, and Ollie and Alfie got recalled, most were saying how good we looked!

Theo Robinson coming back...again...would have actually caused riots! Loft...aged 26, btw. has been basically a 1 in 4 goalscorer, except for Bristol Rovers where he was 1 in 3. So, oin the face of it, a reasonable target?

I agree with Ojo - he has admitted to being upset when Andy Crosby got the sack...maybe he has downed tools?

A defence that keeps having individuals making silly mistakes that can't be coached out! A mistake is a mistake - we all make them!

Martin Paterson!!!

I can debate all day long with anyone.  But not with misinformation.

Firstly. Martin Paterson was crap. It was a mistake. But there are HUGE mistakes in THREE transfer windows.

Now. 
Let’s get to your statement that Ryan Loft is a 1 in 4 striker and a 1 in 3 striker at Bristol Rovers. So isn’t that a reasonable target?

Have you been listening to Flitcroft? Did he say this? Where did you get this from?

Ryan Loft. Career appearances 194. Goals 33. I don’t make that 1 in 4. 
Ryan Loft. Bristol Rovers appearances 57. Goals 7. I don’t make that 1 in 3.

Ryan Loft. Highest league he has ever played in is league 1. League 1 appearances. 55. Goals 4.

So should we have chased that player? 
Reagrdless of the answer….. we did….. and he’s crap……. and his career stats back it up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Vale Ball said:

That might be the reason she doesn't want to spend any more, it's to expensive maybe she's protecting the clubs future....Just saying trying to put another side to the last transfer windows.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

So then you sack the man who has spunked 7k a week of the clubs money. Yes?

Wouldnt trust him with any more money would you?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I don’t need to know him personally to question his professional abilities.

Like many things in life you either choose to see the obvious in front of you or you don’t.

Three transfer windows have put us in this position.

I spoke out about Bratt and co years before everyone got him out.

I spoke out about Smurthwaite years before we got him out. 
I had dogs abuse from a lot of people. Me and others on here fought to get our club back way before the sentinel and radio stoke got involved. We called that crook out for what he is.

Now with Carol I’ve got no issue in her owning the club. What she has done has been amazing in many aspects. BUT like Smurthwaite and Bratt before hand, when you see something isn’t right, I’ll speak up. And I’ll be damned if I stand and watch David Flitcroft RUIN this football club with his excuses and ineptness every transfer window.

Remember. When we go down don’t get angry then. Don’t get angry when we have another shower of <ovf censored> transfer window in August. Don’t get angry when they publish a meet and greet and he manipulates you all again with his lies and promises. 

It’s March 1st tomorrow. Still no free agents in the door although remember he told you all we are looking in the market. We’ve been looking in the market for 18 months.

Oh and by the way, on the back of all the <ovf censored> he is getting, he doesn’t even come out and man it up himself in a trip to radio stoke or a letter from himself. Nope. He sends Carol to do an open letter. Or he has enough control over her for her to do that. This is why I see narcissistic tendencies.

Think about it.

I like the things you've done in the past - and Smurftwat got most of us fooled, at the start.  And it's not nice getting dog's abuse for expressing your opinion. I find it difficult to draw assumptions about a person, based on no time spent with him - so many of my first impressions have turned out to be false. So, I can't agree with you on that. As for getting angry if we go down again - I will be disappointed and hurt...but I have been before. I still wear those t-shirts! 

As fir free agents - we may have been looking, but the consensus is that they wouldn't be up to match fitness in time to make a difference...so that's no real surprise! 

DF isn't in a very enviable position - if he has m ade mistakes, he will get your dog's abuse...but worse! But - what if he hasn't made mistakes, and has done what he could? Whatever he says will be throwing somebody else under the bus...probably Carol...unless he doesn't explain fully, in which case people will see through that.

As I say - difficult. I wouldn't like to be him, at the moment.

Thanks for keeping your comments civil!

Just now, Spunk Trumpet said:

Sorry for not updating my details that I left there almost 5 years ago.

Bradwell.

Youre welcome.

TBF I did edit my response before I saw you'd written this, it didn't really have any bearing on your post so I apologise.

I try not to engage in Vale-related social media (the odd newsy twitter account aside), I think it's pretty foul and almost all of the people I speak to in person feel quite proud of the community side of things. Its the football stuff that's an embarrassment. I've said on here before but I don't feel it's an either/ or kind of thing - we're not a tedious side because we're also feeding vulnerable families. If we stopped the foodbank, the staff wouldn't be drafted over to the recruitment 'team'. If you now differently, I'd be genuinely interested in hearing it but I see the community side as the one speck of gold in the <ovf censored> at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

That might be the reason she doesn't want to spend any more, it's to expensive maybe she's protecting the clubs future....Just saying trying to put another side to the last transfer windows.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Edit - this reads as being a bit arsy, it's certainly not directed at you, it's directed at the dreadful performance of the football club.

Or because they've completely ballsed up their priorities having been whipped up into a frenzy over the magic training zone etc and now the chickens are coming home to roost?

Including the divisions at Canvey Island's level, we're the 222/229 worst performing club in England over the last nearly 6 months. Be even lower at 5pm Saturday. Better for the club in the long term though, apparently.

Mike Baggaley, December 8th 2023 -

L6LK5zb.jpeg

And then for that embarrassment cherry on top

We then have the owner making a teary public speech talking the club down, as if we're plucky little chancers at league one level and lucky to have Darren Moore, just sacked by Hudds with a 13% win percentage, to even know our name. 40% of our history has been at this level, and over 38% at the level above. Please stop with the little old Port Vale stuff Carol because it's very alienating. Insulting, even.

In an emotional and sometimes teary speech seen by Football League World, she called the current crop of players “phenomenal”, while repeatedly calling her move for Moore as “audacious” for “little old Port Vale”.

That's before we get into the fans being ignored in the open letter by her not acknowledging the elephant in the room of why so many are angry, but her readily seeking the football opinion of the wife of one of the new coaching staff about whether we're going to stay up and declaring that to corporate guests in the valiant suite. It beggars belief.

Ring ring, hello it's history here, I've come to repeat myself again.

And in what appears to be a worrying case of history repeating, she told fans: “We had a Zoom, and we had three hours on the phone, me and Flicker, and him and his agent, and we had three hours on Zoom, and we talked about Port Vale…And he rang back and said he wanted to come and I couldn’t believe it, I absolutely couldn’t believe it. We didn’t go after anybody else because we went for him first…and I said we are so grateful to have him.”

Vale fans may be alarmed to hear that just as when Flitcroft was hired, there were no other candidates listed, considered, or interviewed. Neither does it appear that anyone else other than Flitcroft, a man who has already hired and fired two managers, was consulted in the process.

The former Sheffield Wednesday boss has a strong CV but surely due diligence needs to be done on other available candidates before an appointment is made.

Supporters may also question how the budget accommodated a five-and-a-half-year contract for Moore, who undoubtedly has good League One manager credentials, but couldn’t stretch to afford a much-needed striker just days previously when the transfer window closed.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I don't think he exhibits the tendencies of a narcissist? The guy who burned down my studio, then wondered why nobody wanted him to help clearing up - he was a narcissist!!!!!!

By previous - do you mean Bury?? 

"He was appointed as Bury manager the following month and quickly found success, being named as Manager of the Month for February 2014. He led the club to promotion out of League Two at the end of the 2014–15 season and kept the club in League One the following season. Despite being named as Manager of the Month for September 2016, he was sacked two months later following a poor run of form" (Wiki)