onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

16 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Exactly so.

Darren Moore deserves the chance to rebuild the squad with players of his own choosing.

Whatever other attributes those players may have, I would be certain that he will choose players with strong mentalities and the absolute will to win.

And Darren Moore then deserves the chance to manage those players over the first half of the next season - that's the point at which well-founded analysis of his successes and failures can reasonably be made.

Maybe we should also phone Flitty and see if he wants his job back? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert

19 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

The successes of Vale's Football Academy have been among the few bright spots of this season - let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'd agree, but at the cost of having a full squad? Definitely worth looking at the cost/benefit analysis and seeing if whether it is tenable. 

To get the kinds of long term successes for the first team, if we are unable to have a full squad in the meantime then we are in for a rough period or a few years of waiting to have players churning through the system. 

Is that what the club wants - to be Crewe 2.0? Bobbing up and down L1/L2 is alright because we spend loads of money on an academy instead?

I fear with our revenues, and even the revenues that an academy can generate, we'd really struggle to attain both. A successful academy costs millions a year to run. And we're not the only team in town trying to do that.

You can look at some of the bigger clubs who have vast wealth to look after their youth academy programmes and it's questionable whether the revenues generated even cover the cost of running the academy, let alone get reinvested in the first team. 

End of the day you need chickens to get the eggs, not the other way around.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

It's impossible to understand the petty mentality of people who choose to waste their lives merely trying to annoy other people.

Is that really your best?

26 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

It's better than how this club is being ran.. Somehow I feel a nerve has been hit! 

"run"

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

I'd agree, but at the cost of having a full squad? Definitely worth looking at the cost/benefit analysis and seeing if whether it is tenable. 

To get the kinds of long term successes for the first team, if we are unable to have a full squad in the meantime then we are in for a rough period or a few years of waiting to have players churning through the system. 

Is that what the club wants - to be Crewe 2.0? Bobbing up and down L1/L2 is alright because we spend loads of money on an academy instead?

I fear with our revenues, and even the revenues that an academy can generate, we'd really struggle to attain both. A successful academy costs millions a year to run. And we're not the only team in town trying to do that.

You can look at some of the bigger clubs who have vast wealth to look after their youth academy programmes and it's questionable whether the revenues generated even cover the cost of running the academy, let alone get reinvested in the first team. 

End of the day you need chickens to get the eggs, not the other way around.

Obviously no one sensible would suggest that Vale should be "unable to have a full squad in the meantime" as I'm sure you must realise.

You say "
A successful academy costs millions a year to run".

The figures are not easy to come by - if you have some evidence for that, please would you share it?

Reports I read put the Academy costs for a basic Premiership club at around £3 million per year, but the big boys spend several times that per year.

The Vale accounts to end of June 2023 which were posted on here a few days ago didn't seem to give any detail on footballing costs - either first team or academy (if any accountants here understand the figures better, please tell us).

Based on the above Premiership costs, the Academy costs for an EFL L1 club are going to be a fraction of £3 million per year.

Purely on guesswork, you'd think that the following wouldn't be a million miles away -

Championship = £2 million per year
L1 = £1 million per year
L2 = < £1 million per year (except maybe more for a team like Crewe)

If anyone has the real-world figures then please post them.

====

(P.S. "
End of the day you need chickens to get the eggs, not the other way around."

Of course it is the other way round as well.)

16 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I would want to see what he could do with a transfer window (and am sure that is what will happen) but have to admit what felt a great appointment for us at the time is looking increasingly shaky by the game especially some of his in game management. No disputing his record across two clubs this season is horrible.

I read your forum with interest around DM. The similarities are startling.

Do we have the best Players or squad for Championship football?. No, we do not, we do though have a damn sight better than the abysmal points return he managed. If the wins he could manage and points he returned were rubbish, we would have easily stayed up (rubbish being enough of an improvement over abysmal). We needed very little more from his tenure.

Sound familiar?.

Interviews, I never listened to a full one. Mind you, I am one of the rare ones that listened to anything he had to say.

Sound familiar?.

Tactics and how Teams were set - up / in game management and substitutions. Dire.

Sound familiar.

We though are the lucky ones, we head in to next season with some optimism as he is nowhere near our Playing staff now. Thankfully.

Is it 51 points he had to play for with your Team and he has managed is it 9?. And you have played a lot of Teams around you, his run in was easier than it could have been. 

There is no excuse for the points return he has managed to achieve at your Club, regardless of any fault of Carol, Flitcroft or the Players. If there had been no Manager whatsoever appointed and no coaching staff, you get enough points for survival.

Be interesting to see if he starts with you next season.

• Like 3

Football manager biggest load of <ovf censored> ever 

Ger paid for failure go somewhere else do it again .

Will Ryder would have done a better job shame they didn't turn up against Leyton Orient for him (players ).

Handsomely paid for ineptitude. 

You tell me in your next press conference what you have improved at the club since you have had the job 

I cannot think of a single thing 

Your a defender and we shipped 6 at home last 2 you may aswell have played midfielders back there .

Away we are so negative .

Let's hold out for a 0-0 the war cry from the dressing room leader .

Other teams had a go at Peterborough why didn't you ?

What kind of tactics are tell goalkeeper boot ball into touch all second half (Fleetwood).

What kind of tactics are when level v Wycombe and desperately needing a winner observing our goalkeeper boot ball high to no one or there strength (aerial).to there big meat head defenders .

Money for nothing .

Put that on wrong thread that's my thoughts on DM

• Thanks 1

Said when Crosby went we should have approached Evans. Exactly the sort of manager we actually need and the last of a dying breed, despite the fact that he’s a bit of a <ovf censored>, he shows more than an ounce of passion and fight. Doubt he would have come at the time, though, as Stevenage were doing well. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Absolutely not.

The Academy spend already IS going into the first team, whether it is players coming through at relatively smaller costs or players being sold to boost the club's coffers.

On Vale's gates, together with Vale's other income streams, the only way we are ever going to be even League 1 ready is by having an excellent youth policy.

The successes of Vale's Football Academy have been among the few bright spots of this season - let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I was interested to watch Walters last night. He is a L1 player in my opinion. He was perhaps, if anything, too deferent to Ojo when on the ball on occasions. Dipepa is at L1 level as well and could be a higher level player if he keeps scoring his goals. Shorrock and Plant are difficult to assess. They would cope well in L2. Because their positions are more anonymous I am not clear how far they can go. 

There are four things that have cost us this season. Firstly, allowing a proven goal scorer to leave and not replacing him with a proven goal scorer. Secondly signing or retaining a shed load of defenders / wingbacks who look L2 level. Thirdly signing players who were injured / not fit when they're actually needed immediately. Fourthly, the fiasco of replacement young loaned players in January - lost two very good ones - and replaced with players who are not L1 standard and may never be. We also actively signed a young player who was injured!!

The problem with a successful youth policy is that Dipepa and Walters have to leave the club to progress. So then that money has to be reinvested in acquiring players that are good enough for L1 and will stick around for a few years. We haven't got that task cracked at present. 

Edited by Warren

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

His interview was usual Mr nice guy waffle.

Compare to Garrity. Visibly emotional and gutted 😢

Needs get a nasty streak in him. Too late now but this softly spoken guff hasn't cut it with these losers. 

Unfortunately it appears to have cut it with certain contributors on here, Unbelievable!

You could tell from Garrity there were things he would love to say but obviously he can’t.

He is worth 10 ****** Darren Moores!

I have never witnessed players not knowing what their instructions are as Last Night, Wycombe could have been 3 up in the first 4 minutes. 
Definitely the Worst Manager this Club has ever had since I started going in the Early Sixties and the Most Expensive.

1 hour ago, Dipepa delight said:

Football manager biggest load of <ovf censored> ever 

Ger paid for failure go somewhere else do it again .

Will Ryder would have done a better job shame they didn't turn up against Leyton Orient for him (players ).

Handsomely paid for ineptitude. 

You tell me in your next press conference what you have improved at the club since you have had the job 

I cannot think of a single thing 

Your a defender and we shipped 6 at home last 2 you may aswell have played midfielders back there .

Away we are so negative .

Let's hold out for a 0-0 the war cry from the dressing room leader .

Other teams had a go at Peterborough why didn't you ?

What kind of tactics are tell goalkeeper boot ball into touch all second half (Fleetwood).

What kind of tactics are when level v Wycombe and desperately needing a winner observing our goalkeeper boot ball high to no one or there strength (aerial).to there big meat head defenders .

Money for nothing .

Put that on wrong thread that's my thoughts on DM

I totally agree with you about every example you have given.

Don’t Forget the Players played for Will Ryder against Stevenage, we even scored in added time,

The players under Moore look knackered after about an hour except Garrity of course.

Plus as others have said he gives the Opinion he is above Port Vale, 

He has never apologised or took the blame for anything, last night he said he took Sang off because it wasn’t working, not that he had made the Wrong Selection.

17 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Unfortunately it appears to have cut it with certain contributors on here, Unbelievable!

You could tell from Garrity there were things he would love to say but obviously he can’t.

He is worth 10 ****** Darren Moores!

I have never witnessed players not knowing what their instructions are as Last Night, Wycombe could have been 3 up in the first 4 minutes. 
Definitely the Worst Manager this Club has ever had since I started going in the Early Sixties and the Most Expensive.

I wouldn’t go as far to say he’s the worse Vale manager ever 😭 

• Like 1