onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

No idea.  Its Crosby who I'm talking about here and wondering why people have started sticking up for Crosby even though it was his poor record that's put us in this position

Fair point Brian and not many wouldn't agree that Crosby had to, myself included, but you'd have just thought that Moore might have come close to being able to show something a bit more positive than he has, given his superior standing as an experienced manager. 

• Like 2

Advert

11 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

It was Crosby that helped to build it and remember, he had the talent of both Arblaster & Devine where Moore didnt & Crosby still had a poor record with those 2 in the team

Devine was hit and miss, Arblaster better than what we have got but look how some players have got worse since Moore has come in, Ojo looks disinterested but he played well most the time under Crosby, Debrah has gone downhill massively. Why have you turned on Flitcroft now yet you blame Crosby for helping to build this squad.

You won’t admit we have got worse since Crosby has gone- yes, we were poor under him but at least we picked up more points, it was touch and go whether we would stay up when he was sacked but now it is a given.

Edited by philpvfc
  • Like 1

Relegation was confirmed when the transfer window shut on 1 February. Crosby left four days later. Crosby, Moore, Klopp, Evans, Rudge, Ferguson, whoever the manager was became irrelevant because the squad was nowhere near good enough when the injuries in key areas and complete lack of confidence and form throughout are factored in.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wrex said:

Relegation was confirmed when the transfer window shut on 1 February. Crosby left four days later. Crosby, Moore, Klopp, Evans, Rudge, Ferguson, whoever the manager was became irrelevant because the squad was nowhere near good enough when the injuries in key areas and complete lack of confidence and form throughout are factored in.

I agree the window cost us massively. But the actual players are ok individually but we had midfielders playing wing backs  fullback, midfielder playing centre forward , kids not ready for league football leading the line . It’s been a recruitment mess of epic proportions that’s delivered this and Flitcroft needs to pay for this . I don’t blame Crosby or Moore as there hands has been tied by this so called director of football 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So you agree that Crosby was a poor manager and Moore got a weaker squad than what Crosby had?

When he had blaster and Devine. Though towards the end of his time he had a weaker squad and more injuries. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Can’t help wondering what would have happened if we’d kept Harrison

The same I fear as not having a strikers is big but not having wing/fullbacks has left the midfield and defence severely compromised 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valiant62 said:

Can’t help wondering what would have happened if we’d kept Harrison

He was naff for the second half of the season when we had him and can’t make the MKD first team. With his attitude I dint think he’d have made much difference this season although he is a lot better than Loft. 
I think we were lucky to get a good 6 months off him and he has set a precedent that Flitcroft now thinks he can sign a striker with a poor goal scoring record and turn them around, this is a lot cheaper than signing a proven goal scorer. Uche and Loft are similar signings, poor goal scoring record and not wanted by their clubs.

• Like 1

I would just say this for Crosby. Can you imagine, if we played Blackpool at home next week that we would win 3-0? That pretty much sums it up for me, Moore has not increased hope, only wiped it out. 

The only player on that pitch who we had then who we don’t have now was Devine, although Uche is of course injured. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Devine was hit and miss, Arblaster better than what we have got but look how some players have got worse since Moore has come in, Ojo looks disinterested but he played well most the time under Crosby, Debrah has gone downhill massively. Why have you turned on Flitcroft now yet you blame Crosby for helping to build this squad.

You won’t admit we have got worse since Crosby has gone- yes, we were poor under him but at least we picked up more points, it was touch and go whether we would stay up when he was sacked but now it is a given.

My argument is why people are sticking up for Crosby?

3 wins in his last 22 league games in charge of Vale

He was all part of recruiting these losers.

I have never rated Debrah even under Crosby & he will be binned off next season like the rest of the defence will be.

You are just arguing for arguing sake now. Shall I spell it out to you again?

Crosby record was 3 wins out of his last 22 league games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I would just say this for Crosby. Can you imagine, if we played Blackpool at home next week that we would win 3-0? That pretty much sums it up for me, Moore has not increased hope, only wiped it out. 

The only player on that pitch who we had then who we don’t have now was Devine, although Uche is of course injured. 

What you are saying is, everytime we play Blackpool, if Crosby was in charge, we would beat them 3-0 everytime?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

What you are saying is, everytime we play Blackpool, if Crosby was in charge, we would beat them 3-0 everytime?

No Brian he's actually putting the two scenarios into a perspective. Vale can beat Blackpool 3-0 when we had Crosby. Who can we beat with Moore?

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Nope, I’m saying Crosby did do that but Moore coming in has left that looking an impossibility now. It is just unimaginable. 

11 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Nope, I’m saying Crosby did do that but Moore coming in has left that looking an impossibility now. It is just unimaginable. 

So, what happened to Crosby in January when were easily getting beaten by the likes of Carlisle & Fleetwood? Both of those games were an absolute disgrace of performances