Advert

Advert

Season ticket renewals

Old fort

Just now, NorthwoodValiant said:

What do you want me to acknowledge?

That we are 22nd?

Bit obvious that is isn't it.

What sort of performance does a fanbase that boos it's own players before they've even kicked a ball actually deserve?

Vale fans tend to be the 12th man. Usually for the other team 

Yerrsssss! This is really all the fans fault bingo!

police-siren-siren.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Advert

6 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Which would have nothing to do with 'behind the scenes'

Obviously people don't go to watch losing football teams.

But I fail to see what's going on 'behind the scenes' that's so concerning.

Flitcroft not being very good isn't behind the scenes

And it's not,on the pitch is where it really, really matters. Who is the man responsible for everything the ball touches ?

Edited by man in the pub
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Which would have nothing to do with 'behind the scenes'

Obviously people don't go to watch losing football teams.

But I fail to see what's going on 'behind the scenes' that's so concerning.

Flitcroft not being very good isn't behind the scenes

This is the crux of the issue.

I think some posters ( wrongly in my opinion) drag off field CAPEX and infrastructure investments as an indication of not investing in the 1st team.

I do think fans forget at times what a shell of a club Carol inherited and really started at rock bottom. In order to grow the value of the club and long term future those investments have to be made. 

Irrespective of investments we have a competitive 1st team budget, however it’s been wasted on players in their prime and senior players who are simply not good enough.

Our DoF is responsible for recruitment and should be accountable like a manager is accountable for results.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

And it's not on the pitch where it really, really matters. Who is the man responsible for everything the ball touches ?

Simple.  If we're wining Flickers, if we're losing, the manager. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Never said he was.

But then there's no guarantee that the replacement would be any better.

What you gonna do? Change the DoF every year?

Blame someone else then?

Would we need new owners then?

Do we need a DOF at all? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alfie1962 said:

You said she should sell up on a earlier post 

Only if its getting too much for her all these defeats must be getting on her nerves after all she is Vale .

That doesn't mean I don't love her as our owner , sometimes in life you have done what you can but it's not enough and it's better leave while you can In case the players drag the club down any further ..

New investment should always be seeked .

The stronger the club is and the more money throw at the playing side so hamils full gamely is the objective .

Ultimately a football clubs only as good as its players there the ones folk come see and this season after 31 games and 31 points its quite frankly being not good enough .

Well it needs start be good enough .

I’m DEFINITELY not renewing until Carol sells up. 

Takes us fans for granted and has single handed ruined all the promotion momentum. 

Sells every player going and doesn’t replace them. 

Does not deserve our support and if you think I’m handing over hundreds of pounds to piss in a portaloo think again. 

Carol out! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Black N White said:

I’m DEFINITELY not renewing until Carol sells up. 

Takes us fans for granted and has single handed ruined all the promotion momentum. 

Sells every player going and doesn’t replace them. 

Does not deserve our support and if you think I’m handing over hundreds of pounds to piss in a portaloo think again. 

Carol out! 

Great post. Sell up to Peter Coates and  replace Dave Flitcroft with Ricky Martin.

See you next season 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1