onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alex Mighten

smithie

5 minutes ago, Osh said:

Really. Read most game reviews and it's the one thing we don't do. 

Maybe I'm watching a different game than you, eh.

Long time since Sang put over some decent crosses. Long long time since Grant put over some decent crosses, from open play. Infact tell me any player that has produced regular crosses into the box. They have all been useless. Or is it the system we play ??

Advert

1 hour ago, Osh said:

I'd have to disagree with that; if you play the ball in to Wilson's feet he often produces a wonderful ball around the corner or cross field to make progress. But we're currently chucking it high towards Loft - again, not his game. 

With ball at feet Wilson is class. End of. Possibly twice in the last 15 games he has played in.

Playing very poor. Yes no service but he could at least look interested.

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

With ball at feet Wilson is class. End of. Possibly twice in the last 15 games he has played in.

Playing very poor. Yes no service but he could at least look interested.

Watched his face on Saturday - he seemed so pissed off with how things were going. So many times he went in one direction only for the ball to go up in the air or in another. He looked in despair 

Can anyone name a cross out into the box for Loft to head in? I can't.

The other week,Sang crossed the ball without looking...he usually crosses the ball into an "area",not aimed for a player. Loft was on the back post in acres of space,begging for a Wozza-type cross,dinked to the back post. Sang whacked it over like he usually does,and Loft had to stretch backwards to head it and he's 6"3!

Loft usually receives the ball with his back to goal or jumping with their CB. I'm not a fan of his but then our service from the wing is very poor

15 minutes ago, Osh said:

Watched his face on Saturday - he seemed so pissed off with how things were going. So many times he went in one direction only for the ball to go up in the air or in another. He looked in despair 

I was in despair watching the match 🤨

16 minutes ago, Osh said:

I Agree with you though , mate  

Wilson does need the ball to feet 

That's when he's most effective.

We don’t create any chances that’s the problem. Whether that’s the strikers, the midfield, the build up from the back or tactics I’m not sure. It’s probably a combination of them all. 

I’d be more confident if our strikers were missing chances or we were peppering the opposition goal. We’re lucky if our strikers have one shot between them a game. 

I don’t think I’ve even seen Loft have a chance. He creates absolutely zero for himself and offers no threat but it’s not as if we’re helping him out much. 

As for Mighten, at least he will offer something more going forward. The rest are too safe and boring.

7 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

We don’t create any chances that’s the problem. Whether that’s the strikers, the midfield, the build up from the back or tactics I’m not sure. It’s probably a combination of them all. 

I’d be more confident if our strikers were missing chances or we were peppering the opposition goal. We’re lucky if our strikers have one shot between them a game. 

I don’t think I’ve even seen Loft have a chance. He creates absolutely zero for himself and offers no threat but it’s not as if we’re helping him out much. 

As for Mighten, at least he will offer something more going forward. The rest are too safe and boring.

Last home game against Stevenage, had time to have a touch, tried to volley it and didn't connect.

There was also a case on Saturday where Loft won the ball well, was through, Chislett left it for him, he then has a bad touch which allowed the defence to get back and then aired his shot. Can’t fault for effort, but his ability on the ball is lacking. We need to loan him out asap in the hope he regains some football ability and gains confidence, of which both are sadly lacking.

57 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Long time since Sang put over some decent crosses. Long long time since Grant put over some decent crosses, from open play. Infact tell me any player that has produced regular crosses into the box. They have all been useless. Or is it the system we play ??

He put in a couple of lovely crosses when he came on at the end of the Stevenage game.

20 hours ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

It's the pattern and style of play, we don't seem to release the ball to wide spaces quickly enough and by the time the opposition have players in covering positions the play then becomes a possession based triangle on the edge of the areas, or down into the corners.

You're relying on that short and accurate ball to get in behind and then hope we can get a cross in. Even when we do get in behind,  we don't cross well at all, usually it's a panicked ball pulled back across the box which is often cleared

Archived