onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

Has there been a more apt quote than someone put the other day.

You can't polish a trud( sic).

Today exemplified that. 

Sleepwalked into this. Carol oblivious or in denial whilst many of us mere mortals were deeply concerned in October and November if not earlier. 

Just now, darren1810 said:

Has there been a more apt quote than someone put the other day.

You can't polish a <ovf censored>. 

Today exemplified that. 

Sleepwalked into this. Carol oblivious or in denial whilst many of us mere mortals were deeply concerned in October and November if not earlier. 

Have you not seen the retrospective targets that Flitcroft magically managed to meet? All is well!

For what it’s worth, my thoughts on this is that for those who are knocking Moore already, team selection, Crosby, 3-5-2 etc etc, they’re probably the same people who aren’t focusing on the real issue at the club. 
Mr Flitcroft should be nowhere near the club. How the hell have the owners let this happen where we walk into a season without a striker and then go out and get Loft and Ikpeazu! 
Carol doesn’t know how to run the football side of things. I get that. But Flitcroft is not the man to be put in charge of this club. But it’s pointless asking for him to be fired. Just accept it folks. Carol has told you in a letter that she adores the man. In my opinion she’s a very very silly woman for doing that because she has to stand by it. But I just don’t get how she can personally back him when I look at the teams we are putting out week in week out and the striker situation is ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Have you not seen the retrospective targets that Flitcroft magically managed to meet? All is well!

The only target that matters, April 27, continuous progress - better than 20 in L1. 

Re returning players, I always felt that AC didn't really want to give Mitch Clarke a chance - Id like to see him have a game ahead of Connor (Invisible Man) Grant. At least Clarke has a bit of Gibbons style grit to him - in fact it was a stupidly gritty challenge that got himself injured with in the first place, (admittedly trying his best)🙄🙄🙄

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It's all on Garrity mate. Mitch Clark was hardly pulling up any trees anyway. 

Garrity has the season on his shoulders. 

Mitch, when fit, has to be a better and more natural wingback option than Massey - especially his defensive ability.

4 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

For what it’s worth, my thoughts on this is that for those who are knocking Moore already, team selection, Crosby, 3-5-2 etc etc, they’re probably the same people who aren’t focusing on the real issue at the club. 
Mr Flitcroft should be nowhere near the club. How the hell have the owners let this happen where we walk into a season without a striker and then go out and get Loft and Ikpeazu! 
Carol doesn’t know how to run the football side of things. I get that. But Flitcroft is not the man to be put in charge of this club. But it’s pointless asking for him to be fired. Just accept it folks. Carol has told you in a letter that she adores the man. In my opinion she’s a very very silly woman for doing that because she has to stand by it. But I just don’t get how she can personally back him when I look at the teams we are putting out week in week out and the striker situation is ludicrous.

Yet oddly was quite ruthless at Synectics in culling many staff after Covid and also at Vale . Garlick, Brown, Speed, ticket office staff. 

Golden balls untouchable he's wonderful. 

And one more point would be Darrell Clarke.

What happened to him when with us was a tragedy and yes I know we will never get him back but what a man, what a human, and also a man who did things his way! A man who probably went against the rules so to speak. But a man who galvanised this club. Not Carol. Not the idiot DOF. Darrell. He did all of that. He gave us fans that connection. So I’ll say to Darren Moore, please don’t be that guy who gets told what to do and what to say like Crosby. Please don’t take 5 and a half years money to be a nodding dog. You must know how the fans feel. Stop asking us to back the side. We do that every week everywhere!!! Stand up for yourself. Stamp your mark on this team and make it your own and for the love of god, do not listen to the clown that is the director of football because his power that he has, is plummeting this club to league 2. 

Targets for JoeB2, which he has brilliantly managed to meet:

- Create a profile called ‘JoeB2’ on OVF. Tick.

- Wear white trainers. Tick.

- Eat granola for breakfast. Tick.

JoeB2 has met every target. The abuse simply MUST stop.

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Mitch, when fit, has to be a better and more natural wingback option than Massey - especially his defensive ability.

I agree but were he in today I'd argue we still lose that game. Being better than Massey ain't hard.

Clark is okay but I personally believe unless Garrity has a purple patch immediately we're a gonner. 

Archived