onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Just now, The Master said:

And if you are Carols son then you should <ovf censored> off as well because you were never qualified to be a part of running this football club.

Youre welcome.

Ye to be fair I agree with that

Advert

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

Don't act like we are relegated yet mate

I'm one of the few who think we'll be ok, mate. DoF just seems like a Teflon position to me. 

On that podcast he said he asked AC, "how can I help you do better?" We just didn't hear what AC asked for, so how do we know if it was delivered?

The infrastructure side is vital, and I'm a huge advocate of patience. I wouldn't have sacked AC, for example. But I'm wary of anyone who's in a role where he's only responsible for the things that go well.

15 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Carol who stopped us getting relegated to the NL. Flitcroft who got us up to league 1. Listen I'm happy we are approaching things with a longterm plan. The 20 years before flitcroft we just chucked money at the first team, yes? And what happened? We went up and down and then went into administration,yes?

Don't tell me to stop being delusional mate.

We have came a long long way,yes?

The long term plan with brilliant facilities but a sub standard playing squad ? 

It's just pie in the sky 

The product on the pitch is the most important part of any football club 

22 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Seems Dicko is packing in running the fun bus.

A sad indictment of how poor we’ve been and how poorly the diehards have been treated with patronising letters.

Like so many of us really loosing the will to live. The rot has really set in unfortunately.  I just hope DM can turn things round or we will be back to square one with crowds and general support. So much good will being lost. So sad. 

1 minute ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I'm one of the few who think we'll be ok, mate. DoF just seems like a Teflon position to me. 

On that podcast he said he asked AC, "how can I help you do better?" We just didn't hear what AC asked for, so how do we know if it was delivered?

The infrastructure side is vital, and I'm a huge advocate of patience. I wouldn't have sacked AC, for example. But I'm wary of anyone who's in a role where he's only responsible for the things that go well.

I agree with most of that. I would've sacked Crosby. I just want to be patient because I've not see a dof in a while with a long term plan that makes sence. Our last strategie was to chuck money at the team and look how we ended up. Patience is key.

35 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Mitch Clarke too

Add Mitch Clarke, Garrity and Plant to that team and you would hope it improves.

Gore is an unknown quantity… he got written off after his first game by some but undoubtedly he has some quality and should contribute.

Young James Plant. Older than the other youngsters and yes further advanced but dont expect miracles. We are giving him the chance  to learn from his mistakes.

So far almost nil assists  and several mistakes at the back admittedly playing out of position. Also have to add that i would play him in front of anyone else we currently have at LWB.

Shows how poor our unbalanced squad is.

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

It's just pie in the sky 

Have some patience mate. I know 2 seasons of doing <ovf censored> is to much for most vale fans but I'd rather follow the plan we have now rather than the one from 5 years ago

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

It's just pie in the sky 

I agree with you...no use having fantastic facilities and a sub standard team playing Infront of 3500/4000 crowd's which is what will happen if we get relegated 

31 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Right so let's go back to chucking all are money at the first team like we did before and let's see how long it takes for us to:

A: get promoted and then go into administration 

Or B: get relegated

In modern day football the facilities of the pitch are very very important financially, for how we play on the pitch and the list goes on.

It isn't the 1990s anymore

This is 2023

Get with it

Utv

Son or Daughter. I am not sure.

44 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

1. Go listen to df in pv podcast

2. So you want us to do what we have been doing for 20 years and only invest in the first team and have an OK run. And then get relegated because are facilities and everything off the pitch is <ovf censored> and not generating any money or young talent etc

The usual way is to build your team which attracts better crowds you then utilise the money in different parts of the club. Weakening your team leads to the team struggling and crowds getting lower and then no one will care how good/bad facilities are.

59 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not sure that changes the fact that it took him as a new manager 7 games to get a win.

We are in a really tough place, but people are giving up and effectively calling it “season over” after one game of DMs reign.

He has had 2 days with the squad. 

As I say, get some of the injured players back and hope to hell.

The problem is the games are coming thick and fast with no time to work on anything between games, plus the fact we are weak in defence (Understatement) and certainly weak and understaffed in attack.

Nothing to do with DM, the damage has been done.

15 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Have some patience mate. I know 2 seasons of doing <ovf censored> is to much for most vale fans but I'd rather follow the plan we have now rather than the one from 5 years ago

Having championship ready training facilities but having players who would frankly struggle to cut it in non league  isn't being impatient though it's being a realist. We want and need better footballers, squire

Archived