onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

5 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Would you if manager of Vale set us up to not even have a go knowing that attack is always the best form of defence and if played 3 up front high press surely there easy way out of passing it it 40 yards would not have being effective and it was laughable how that Burrows was allowed to charge forwards with no one tracking him .

Moore has let the club down last night .

The deflected first goal is laughable surely Ripley says leave it but with falling out with Smith on the field he decides head it away from Ripley .

Brilliant (sarcism).

From that moment game over  .

Moore had no idea how change it neither did he send them out with any passion .

Did you still think they are scum?

• Confused 1

Advert

24 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Would you if manager of Vale set us up to not even have a go knowing that attack is always the best form of defence and if played 3 up front high press surely there easy way out of passing it it 40 yards would not have being effective and it was laughable how that Burrows was allowed to charge forwards with no one tracking him .

The deflected first goal is laughable surely Ripley says leave it but with falling out with Smith on the field he decides head it away from Ripley .

Brilliant (sarcism).

We don't have enough quality to go toe-to-toe with Peterborough, as well as that, we don't have very good balance in team: some round pegs in square holes.

Don't think Moore had that many options available: he's not a miracle worker but that's what we needed from him last night if we were to win. He tried the lesser of the evils in trying to keep them out. But it didn't work.

I expect a number of changes for Saturday. Don't think we go 'gung ho' but expect a couple more attacking options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:

We don't have enough quality to go toe-to-toe with Peterborough, as well as that, we don't have very good balance in team: some round pegs in square holes.

Don't think Moore had that many options available: he's not a miracle worker but that's what we needed from him last night if we were to win. He tried the lesser of the evils in trying to keep them out. But it didn't work.

I expect a number of changes for Saturday. Don't think we go 'gung ho' but expect a couple more attacking options.

Don't expect him be a miracle worker but what did he do to stop that out ball what kept on putting Lowe/plant in trouble .

It's gone now it wasn't very good and if tactical mistakes are made last 4 the same results will be the outcomes .

You get up the pitch you engage in areas where you make teams uncomfortable not let them pass it with all the time in world .

You don't have to be a football manager /expert to work that out 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Don't expect him be a miracle worker but what did he do to stop that out ball what kept on putting Lowe/plant in trouble .

It's gone now it wasn't very good and if tactical mistakes are made last 4 the same results will be the outcomes .

You get up the pitch you engage in areas where you make teams uncomfortable not let them pass it with all the time in world .

I would agree with that.

The biggest problem from last night is we didn’t engage higher up the pitch. And I don’t mean engaging in a press up to the halfway line as a team, but engage somewhere around 35 yards from your own goal, instead of setting up tents 20 yards out.

It was an embarrassing watch for a professional football club against same league opposition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

The biggest problem from last night is we didn’t engage higher up the pitch. And I don’t mean engaging in a press up to the halfway line as a team, but engage somewhere around 35 yards from your own goal, instead of setting up tents 20 yards out.

It was very much to me like he wanted the team to keep shape, try and block off passing options but only one or two at a time. Seemed to restrict them at times and we did rely on them not taking chances.

Once we needed a plan B because we were behind I don’t think we had one. And I’m not sure with Moore we do have a plan B most games. I’m just going into games atm hoping the game plan is spot on because when it’s not it just feels all too familiar this season and our determination to fight back like we could under Clarke feels like a lifetime ago now. 

Whenever we have tried to open up and chase recently we’ve fell apart, Northampton as well comes to mind when they got their second late on.

2 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

I’ve been thinking lately how much I miss Antony Griffith’s tackles in midfield. Would take anybody over Jason Lowe at the moment 😆

8 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

We aren't good enough. Not against Peterborough. Simple.

He didn't many options tactically.

5 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

We aren't good enough. Not against Peterborough. Simple.

He didn't many options tactically.

To be honest I hate that defeatist phrase 

We ain't good enough I've read, heard it, and seen it for years, yet I've also seen Vale teams of yesteryear who were clearly at times not good enough have more of a go than what we did Wed .

As one if those who attended I was shocked by how much of a attitude, desire application ,quality ,gulf there was between the teams yet did that years ago when say Arsenal the unbeatables come to Vale Park clearly they had better players but had to take Allen Tankard and one other missing penalties to beat uswe went about them to get a 0-0 and 1-1 draws.

It was all so utterly pitiful Wednesday 

If you accepting of that FINE I aint. 

SHOW ME A VALE I can be proud of 

Edited by Dipepa delight

1 hour ago, Dipepa delight said:

To be honest I hate that defeatist phrase 

We ain't good enough I've read, heard it, and seen it for years, yet I've also seen Vale teams of yesteryear who were clearly at times not good enough have more of a go than what we did Wed .

As one if those who attended I was shocked by how much of a attitude, desire application ,quality ,gulf there was between the teams yet did that years ago when say Arsenal the unbeatables come to Vale Park clearly they had better players but had to take Allen Tankard and one other missing penalties to beat uswe went about them to get a 0-0 and 1-1 draws.

It was all so utterly pitiful Wednesday 

If you accepting of that FINE I aint. 

SHOW ME A VALE I can be proud of 

Can feel your frustration but for me that's the reality. We aren't good enough. Not against a potential Championship side. Make all the comparisons you want but we're are not good enough. That's why we are fourth from bottom.

Moore could have set us up to 'have a go' and attack. I reckon he didn't do that because he thought that we would get even more of a battering. So he set us up to be well organised and as tight as duck derriere. Not pretty. Not attacking. But trying to strangle the life out of the game to stop them scoring. If it had worked, we all would be saying he's a tactical genius.

A comparison would be how Italy used to play in World Cups 1982 (although they did counter attack) or how set up defensively in the Euro 2000 tournament and got to the final.

18 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Can feel your frustration but for me that's the reality. We aren't good enough. Not against a potential Championship side. Make all the comparisons you want but we're are not good enough. That's why we are fourth from bottom.

Moore could have set us up to 'have a go' and attack. I reckon he didn't do that because he thought that we would get even more of a battering. So he set us up to be well organised and as tight as duck derriere. Not pretty. Not attacking. But trying to strangle the life out of the game to stop them scoring. If it had worked, we all would be saying he's a tactical genius.

A comparison would be how Italy used to play in World Cups 1982 (although they did counter attack) or how set up defensively in the Euro 2000 tournament and got to the final.

My view too. We are so far inferior to Posh that it’s embarrassing.

If that shot doesn’t double-deflect in half-time, we go in 0-0 and it’s completely different. Sometimes things go against you.

I have found it startling to see the players accused of bottling it, cowardice etc. I thought they all worked pretty hard. They just aren’t very good!

• Like 4

On 11/04/2024 at 12:55, Trumpingtonvale said:

Regards Chislett, he didn’t look 100% in the pre-match warm up - lots of ‘stretching’ rather than ball-work and lots of chat with coaching staff/physio(?), however, it didn’t show when he came on, though, unusually for him, he ran straight down the tunnel at the end - could be illness rather than injury and he just need the bog 🧻

Regards the game, despite what some have said, I thought there was plenty of effort without the ball just very little quality for the short times we had it.  I said in another thread I felt pre-game the same as I did before the Ipswich game at the end of last season the performance was similar with regards the back-to-the-wall defending (especially first half) but that’s as close as we came to emulating the Ipswich game. Bolton apart, fortunately we won’t encounter the same attacking threat posed last night (I thought Mason-Clarke and Poku were class and am sure would give any opposition wingbacks/fullbacks a hard time let alone the makeshift ones we’ve had to field this season) and that gives me a glimmer of hope that we may still get something out of our remaining fixtures that at least gives us a chance of staying up.

Thanks for that, that gives me slight hope for the Exeter game but I just did my match prediction. Just as you shouldn't rename a boat, I won't change my prediction and hope for the best. 

18 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Brilliant (sarcism).

Moore's hands are tied though , mate 

He's trying to get a tune out of a majority of players who are either sulking or just do t want to be at the club full stop 😬

Clear the decks get them all gone for me except for the academy lads and Garrity 👍

• Like 1

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

Moore's hands are tied though , mate 

He's trying to get a tune out of a majority of players who are either sulking or just don't want to be at the club full stop 😬

Clear the decks get them all gone for me except for the academy lads and Garrity 👍