onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

24 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Largely during the bed spells Carol has been complete distant. 

Well they're an older couple. Things in bed wouldn't be what they once were. Anybody would be distant during the 'bed spells.'

Better than being completely absent altogether.

• Haha 2

Advert

3 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Even though she's totally wrong and making another huge mistake in putting flitcroft before the fanbase? No fans no club...

No owner no club...

and yes no fans no club so if fans stay away then there'll be no club

Edited by ginge
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Carol has shot herself in the foot today by basically telling our fan base to either like it or lump iit basically don't question her judgement well I'm afraid she's got it wrong  The fans are the lifeblood of the vale she is just the custodian stop wasting money on infrastructure and look at spending it on he  the most important part of any football club the playing squad .it's not rocket science 

She is not the custodian, she is the owner

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soothsayer said:

It’s clear from the statement Carol has a lot of time for DF so it doesn’t look like he’ll be leaving anytime soon. That leaves all supporters with two choices:

1. Trust her judgement as she clearly deals with him far more than any fan, hoping in the long term we improve and progress.

2. Go against her judgement and create civil war in the club and try to hound DF out.

Although I’m highly sceptical, I really don’t think option 2 is justified at the moment. Following the worst owner we’ve ever had, Carol brought some welcome stability for 3 years albeit things have gone pear shaped in the past 12 months. 

Flitcroft has got carol wrapped around his little finger and has got free rein 

His job is recruitment

Convinced carol to upgrade infrastructure 

And  upgrade  training facilities 

Instead of improving the playing squad 

We needed strikers in Jan 

He failed to get any in 

He failed in his duties 

That's why most of us are pissed off 

That's why I'm up for option 2 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Flitcroft has got carol wrapped around his little finger and has got free rein 

His job is recruitment

Convinced carol to upgrade infrastructure 

And  upgrade  training facilities 

Instead of improving the playing squad 

We needed strikers in Jan 

He failed to get any in 

He failed in his duties 

That's why most of us are pissed off 

That's why I'm up for option 2 

Can I ask how u know DF has convinced Carol to upgrade infrastructure instead of improving the squad 

Just now, Packmoor_vale said:

Good god I’m so glad I’ve not seen that 

Twitter mainly I use, it’s hard to read some of the absolute nonsense.

Feel like sending an open letter back to Carol reassuring her that as much as this last 3 months has been rubbish , she has also been the best owner we have had. 

the silent majority will certainly agree 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Better training facilities,nice executive lounge etc might make the sale of the club somewhat easier? I think they are looking to get out and this open letter has been the perfect way of deflecting everything on to us awful and unreasonable fans who can't see the magic of the Process because we are not wise enough to see it , unlike you Carol and tricky Dave....

You could be onto something there ,mate🤨

• Haha 1

Just now, dazzerjames said:

Twitter mainly I use, it’s hard to read some of the absolute nonsense.

Feel like sending an open letter back to Carol reassuring her that as much as this last 3 months has been rubbish , she has also been the best owner we have had. 

the silent majority will certainly agree 

I’m only on here now mate I had to bin the Facebook site and I’ve never really used Twitter 

You send that letter and put my name on it please 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

4. Carol isn't budging on this. Line drawn.

Carol has set her stall out today, in a pretty poor way. I'm no longer of the mind to defend her, and if she wants to sell up I'm not going to try and convince her otherwise. It would probably be for the best for all parties.

However, there's not a great deal we can do apart from pray they get the appointment spot on. It's apathetic of me, but I feel it's the reality.

If Carol thinks today's rambling mess of a statement draws a line under the dissent and stops the chants against the best DoF in all the land, she might be in for a shock. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

But its not the fans club - its Carols, and fans or not, I can only presume she can close the club whenever she wants.

18 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

She is not the custodian, she is the owner

"BEING the “custodian of a community asset” rather than owner is how Carol Shanahan, below, prefers to be known at Port Vale."

The Sentinel, 16th October 2023.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2