David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

6 hours ago, NW9Valiant said:

Values, being nice and friendliness doesn't put food on the table or points on the board. Football is a results business and if Carol wants the club to do well then she needs to be willing to make difficult decisions.

It's not nice for somebody to lose their job but ultimately if they can't do the job, or the job is not a right fit for the organisation, then you reorganise and find something that works. David Flitcroft owes nothing to this club and Port Vale Football Club owes nothing to David Flitcroft.

Steve Speed, Colin Garlick, Tom Pope, John Askey, Darrell Clarke, dozens of other wonderful people have all been disposed of without ceremony when their time was up (or it was perceived that their time was up) when the club had disposed of them under Carol's ownership.

Why is David Flitcroft different to all the rest? Why is he untouchable?

Please answer Carol.

Edited by Wrex
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I have one question for Flitcroft.

What is occurring at the club currently,losing every week,crowds reducing(no way was there 6900 there yesterday),a new manager who has 1 points from 6 games.....is this part of the process he kept banging on about?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Pity Bourne Sports is long closed in Burslem. 

Let's launch some tennis balls on against Oxford. 

Well not myself I'll be in Manchester enjoying my Saturday at a gig instead of misery.

I usually buy these for my dog. They last a year in between him losing them and chewing them to pieces

• Haha 1

Flitcroft need's to go now.

Not all stand together until the end of the season and have an inquest then, because an inquest at the end of this season will have consequences for next season. Because we will be messing around trying to bring a new DOF in which means time lost on getting rid of most of these loser's that are under contract. The work needs to start now on that and a plan need's to be put in place on how we are going to shift them on.

Plus try putting season ticket's on sale in the next couple of weeks with how the fan base is currently feeling, how will that go down especially in regards to season ticket purchases.

If we want a good crack at League Two next season, we can need to act now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Steve Speed, Colin Garlick, Tom Pope, John Askey, Darrell Clarke, dozens of other wonderful people have all been disposed of without ceremony when their time was up (or it was perceived that their time was up) when the club had disposed of them under Carol's ownership.

Why is David Flitcroft different to all the rest? Why is he untouchable?

Please answer Carol.

Does he have pictures?

• Haha 3

"And the EFL itself gives each Championship club £3.92million from its central income, with £950,000 going to each League One club and £640,000 to teams in League Two".

In view of Carol's letter (statement), she stands by Df and says he has saved his salary 'many times over'

In light of theimpending  loss of £310K from the EFLnext season and a loss of £600/£700K in lost ST income, another £100K in merchandise, etc next season, he must be doing a tremendous job. In my profession, I have seen many project contractors/ organisations promising the earth in terms of savings and guaranteed success, only for the deals fall flat on their face leaving the mere mortals to pick up the pieces or the business folds with massive cost outlay.

We are not PL2, we can't play EFL League  football with a squad of crocks, free transfers, youth, has-beens or never-have's. You can't treat the fan base with contempt in this regard. Football is the priority, we will sacrifice amenities and campus's for this (well I would anyway).

Get some sound common sense back in the club and re-evaluate. If it's a struggle and we have run out of time/ money then look for investment.

Use trusted experienced allies, John Rudge being one. There are many supporters with the nous too.

The Club is in a tailspin, heading for places we thought we'd never see under a Shanahan ownership. So sad to see for us all.

Carol/ Kevin will never lose the respect of genuine fans, this situation can still be rectified (maybe not this season), sadly their outlay may not be recovered. That's business, I guess?

I remember a lengthy conversation I had with Terry McDermott (former Liverpool and England Legend for the young uns'!). We talked about football finance/ shares, etc (I was a big roller with £1K in Vale shares at the time!), he said to me at the end. "If you want to make a million out of football - invest £20M my friend". He lost big money in both Newcastle (Before Ashley) and Celtic.

I'd be happy to help any supporter groups and speak with the owners, it may be no use if they are set on this path of destruction sadly.

Edited by pete vale
  • Like 5

Does anyone seriously believe things will be better in Division 2?  Get a grip....Flitcrift will still be here alongside many of those donkeys on the pitch. Nowt will change. Recruitment of "better" players is pie in the sky. Who the hell wants to play for Vale on the alleged inferior wage structure? Why would the Club increase its wages, on less income, when it should have been done ages ago. We are stuck in an ever spiralling hole.  Hundreds,if not thousands of regular attendees are now voting with their feet and will NOT renew season tickets. Action required now Carol, not when we are in a similar position next season. Give the wonderful fan base something to believe in for our future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pete vale said:

"And the EFL itself gives each Championship club £3.92million from its central income, with £950,000 going to each League One club and £640,000 to teams in League Two".

In view of Carol's letter (statement), she stands by Df and says he has saved his salary 'many times over'

In light of the loss of £310K from the EFL and a loss of £600/£700K in lost ST income, another £100K in merchandise, etc next season, he must be doing a tremendous job. In my profession, I have seen many project contractors promising the earth in terms of savings and guaranteed success, only for the deals fall flat on their face leaving the mere mortals to pick up the pieces or the business folds.

We are not PL2, we can't play EFL League  football with a squad of crocks, free transfers, youth, has-beens or never-have's. You can't treat the fan base with contempt in this regard. Football is the priority, we will sacrifice amenities and campus's for this (well I would anyway).

Get some sound common sense back in the club and re-evaluate. If it's a struggle and we have run out of time/ money then look for investment.

Use trusted experienced allies, John Rudge being one. There are many supporters with the nous too.

The Club is in a tailspin, heading for places we thought we'd never see under a Shanahan ownership. So sad to see for us all.

Carol/ Kevin will never lose the respect of genuine fans but this can still be rectified, sadly their outlay may not be recovered. That's business, I guess?

I remember a lengthy conversation I had with Terry McDermott (former Liverpool and England Legend for the young uns'!). We talked about football finance/ shares, etc (I was a big roller with £1K in Vale shares at the time!), he said to me at the end. "If you want to make a million out of football - invest £20M my friend". He lost big money in both Newcastle (Before Ashley) and Celtic.

I'd be happy to help any supporter groups and speak with the owners, it may be no use if they are set on this path of destruction sadly.

How are we going to lose £700k in season ticket revenue and £100k in merchandise? How much do you think the shop is doing every year? 

Edited by WV

5 minutes ago, WV said:

How are we going to lose £700k in season ticket revenue? 

Lose 2,000 ST sales at £300/ ticket is £600K. It may be more than that friend at this rate. We 'may' go back to only 2/2.5K ST holders instead of the 5K+ now. A lot of people I speak to have had enough, money is tight. I personally have threatened to 'finish' many times but have continued to buy in the end. I wouldn't take the chance in the current climate on people doing so.

Edited by pete vale
  • Like 1