Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Tranmere and Swindon are certainly not bigger clubs. Tranmere have basically followed our recent history, nice spell in the Champ in the 90s and then years of decline, except we didn’t go down to non league like they did. 

Swindon had a few respectable years when Glenn Hoddle was around, but that’s it. 

I think too many of our fans have low expectations and Carol is being saved by her meeting them. 

They are fanbase wise.

Swindon currently 17th in League 2 . Got nearly 8000 v Harrogate on Saturday. We barely pulled that in v Derby.  Tranmere are 18th and had 5500 v Sutton. 

Crowds we could only dream of in that league position. Bear in mind the away fans went on a tandem as well. 

• Like 2

Advert

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I think too many of our fans have low expectations and Carol is being saved by her meeting them. 

I wonder what the age of these fans are she is speaking to. I grew up supporting the club in the height of the Rudge years, so to me, our place is in the Championship. 

But I recognise that historically, we've usually been lower than that. So if she's speaking to people much older than me, they might just want a Vale to exist and probably don't mind so much about where we are. 

At the very least though we should be an established League 1 side, and we have been miles away from that for many years now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NW9Valiant said:

I wonder what the age of these fans are she is speaking to. I grew up supporting the club in the height of the Rudge years, so to me, our place is in the Championship. 

But I recognise that historically, we've usually been lower than that. So if she's speaking to people much older than me, they might just want a Vale to exist and probably don't mind so much about where we are. 

At the very least though we should be an established League 1 side, and we have been miles away from that for many years now.

I’ve been going since 1969/1970 season and realistically we are a div 1 club , great being in the championship while it lasted but we were punching .VTID 

• Like 2

League One is our average. It's not a disgrace for us to be in League Two, it's just the manner in which the playing squad has been neglected that is disgraceful, and the genuine concern that we will struggle in League Two next season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NW9Valiant said:

Where has it been said she is meeting with fans?

Surely as a fan we all want Vale to climb to the highest it possibly can and not just want to be stable and hover bottom end league one and league two? otherwise what's the point.

I am lucky enough to see all the highs we had under Rudge but also many many lows but as a fan i would love nothing more than for the Vale to be battling it out in the Championship again

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Surely as a fan we all want Vale to climb to the highest it possibly can and not just want to be stable and hover bottom end league one and league two? otherwise what's the point.

I am lucky enough to see all the highs we had under Rudge but also many many lows but as a fan i would love nothing more than for the Vale to be battling it out in the Championship again

I agree.  Wouldn't we all?  Unfortunately, I expect it to be a considerable wait until we again reach the 'dizzy' heights of the second tier!

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

League One is our average. It's not a disgrace for us to be in League Two, it's just the manner in which the playing squad has been neglected that is disgraceful, and the genuine concern that we will struggle in League Two next season.

That's a fair and rational summary.  For those of us who go back far enough (in my case to 1953!) historically, we've been in the lowest two leagues a lot more than we've been at second tier level!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

They are fanbase wise.

Swindon currently 17th in League 2 . Got nearly 8000 v Harrogate on Saturday. We barely pulled that in v Derby.  Tranmere are 18th and had 5500 v Sutton. 

Crowds we could only dream of in that league position. Bear in mind the away fans went on a tandem as well. 

if the teams doing well the fans and walkin's will come, if the team isn't doing well but are seen to be trying the fans will turn out, if the fans see the team arn't arsed they will say f*ck em ...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

if the teams doing well the fans and walkin's will come, if the team isn't doing well but are seen to be trying the fans will turn out, if the fans see the team arn't arsed they will say f*ck em ...

We had chance to go top v Burton and pulled in 5900. 

I wouldn't call that fans turning out . I'd call that pee poor in League one. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting developments on the coaching side announced today on the PV official website.  An assistant manager plus 3 other coaches appointed.  Obviously DM will now have his own backroom team and hopefully, that will be beneficial to us on the playing side.

However, this poses some questions: why wasn't the 'whole package' put together at the same time as DM's appointment.  We've already suffered four defeats out of five since DM arrived and there'll no doubt now be a further 'bedding-in' period as the new coaches get to know and work with the players and vice-versa.

Four additional salaries will also add hefty costs to the 'on-field budget pot'. This suggests there was money available in this 'pot.' This therefore begs the question why it wasn't utilised in recruiting a left-sided defender + a goalscorer?

Realistically however good these new coaches are and however well they fit into DM's longer term strategy, the fact remains that the meagre and unbalanced playing resources we have are not going to be any different!

To end on a more positive note, let's hope that because they've all worked together before, the new coaching team will  be able to give greater support to  DM and help to turn around our on-pitch fortunes, God knows, we need some changes soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Interesting developments on the coaching side announced today on the PV official website.  An assistant manager plus 3 other coaches appointed.  Obviously DM will now have his own backroom team and hopefully, that will be beneficial to us on the playing side.

However, this poses some questions: why wasn't the 'whole package' put together at the same time as DM's appointment.  We've already suffered four defeats out of five since DM arrived and there'll no doubt now be a further 'bedding-in' period as the new coaches get to know and work with the players and vice-versa.

Four additional salaries will also add hefty costs to the 'on-field budget pot'. This suggests there was money available in this 'pot.' This therefore begs the question why it wasn't utilised in recruiting a left-sided defender + a goalscorer?

Realistically however good these new coaches are and however well they fit into DM's longer term strategy, the fact remains that the meagre and unbalanced playing resources we have are not going to be any different!

To end on a more positive note, let's hope that because they've all worked together before, the new coaching team will  be able to give greater support to  DM and help to turn around our on-pitch fortunes, God knows, we need some changes soon.

At least 3 of the coaches have been here since DM was appointed.

• Like 1