Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

59 minutes ago, Rory said:

I believe he was a big striker. 

If we've decided he is no use to us then he probably needs to think about what he wants to do as a career as it surely won't be playing football.

Perhaps he actually found the net in training which would upset "Flickers" as he seems unsure on this point?

18 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

If Carol can't bring herself to remove DF, why not give him a changed role and put him in charge of project managing all the ground developments which is the part of his job he seems good at.  Then let the manager sort out recruitment along with the existing recruitment team.

Those are my thoughts too. Make him Head of Football Development and Infrastructure or something like that and then just let the manager get on with signings.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Don’t know if anyone has said this on here before, get rid of him and put Sproson in charge.

Even if you thought that was a good move how do you do that - force him? He's got a football agency to run. I can't imagine it's a role where you can just say to your dozen players or whatever - oh well, I'm not your agent anymore as Port Vale need me... 

If they do want a DoF having a proper interview process with candidates would be a good start, rather than just appointing the first person through the door who mentions it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Our owners have also been hampered, due to the lack of investment on the stadium in previous years. Attendances have been less than we expected because the terraces / stands didn't meet H & S standards, so had to operate at lower capacity, consistently reducing the gates and takings!. Fortunately, due to FFP, money spent on ground improvements took nothing away from the team - unlike in Bell's days!

i've said in another post thank you Carol for saving my club from that clown, but if all above is true why the **ck did she splash out on flituck and then  let him splash out on ALL the back room hanger ons? (were they all his buddies at the other clubs he failed at)...

but ah-oh, its her money, she can throw it away how she wants, BUT ITS OUR CLUB, thats suffering.

• Thanks 1

I think Flitcroft is ok in League Two because its easier to recruit, we are a relatively large fish, with a higher end budget so recruiting your Tom Petts, Jamie Proctors shouldn't be too difficult.

In League One its a different scenario as we are a smaller fry, smaller budget for that level and that seems to be where we lose out.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, robf said:

Those are my thoughts too. Make him Head of Football Development and Infrastructure or something like that and then just let the manager get on with signings.

yes somewhere he cant do any damage, how about scouting in russia...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robf said:

Even if you thought that was a good move how do you do that - force him? He's got a football agency to run. I can't imagine it's a role where you can just say to your dozen players or whatever - oh well, I'm not your agent anymore as Port Vale need me... 

If they do want a DoF having a proper interview process with candidates would be a good start, rather than just appointing the first person through the door who mentions it. 

Rob, would it be a conflict of interest, that wouldn’t be allowed by the EFL.? I totally agree any process would be good and advisable before appointing someone but I don’t think that we’re either capable of doing that, or it’s just something that we fail to do. I’m just seething and frustrated with what’s happening at the club and would like change. The comment was mainly based on connections within that came from the incumbent DoF, stated in his mantra.? I personally don’t think we need a DoF and it’s wasted wage.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Rob, would it be a conflict of interest, that wouldn’t be allowed by the EFL.? I totally agree any process would be good and advisable before appointing someone but I don’t think that we’re either capable of doing that, or it’s just something that we fail to do. I’m just seething and frustrated with what’s happening at the club and would like change. The comment was mainly based on connections within the came as the incumbent DoF, stated in his mantra.? I personally don’t think we need a DoF and it’s wasted wage.

I would agree @Playa Amodores - I'm frustrated too and really surprised that something hasn't been done. 

My concern isn't just for this season, which I think we'll be very fortunate to escape relegation, but the next one too. Due to the crazy contract situation we're either saddled with the same squad or it will cost a fortune to agree mutual terminations of contracts. Even if we do manage a clear out, then does anyone have any faith we'll recruit widely or will we miss out again and be telling a Podcast about all the amazing players that didn't sign for Port Vale?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, robf said:

I would agree @Playa Amodores - I'm frustrated too and really surprised that something hasn't been done. 

My concern isn't just for this season, which I think we'll be very fortunate to escape relegation, but the next one too. Due to the crazy contract situation we're either saddled with the same squad or it will cost a fortune to agree mutual terminations of contracts. Even if we do manage a clear out, then does anyone have any faith we'll recruit widely or will we miss out again and be telling a Podcast about all the amazing players that didn't sign for Port Vale?

If we don't change our present DOF/Manager set-up, then that outcome will be baked-in...

Edited by Tamworth
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, robf said:

And who had no previous experience of the role??

34 minutes ago, robf said:

I find it unbelievable that we have got ourselves into this situation and its going to impact on next season.

It's quite sad really, all this is so unnecessary, I fear ego's and stubbornness are the root cause of our problems. 

• Like 3