David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Sproson!! Dear god no! I thought it was only Carol with the wacky ideas. He may be an agent, but that doesn’t mean he is a valid director of football. 

TJH, that’s just where I am with the club at the moment. I’d go for Larry the cat. However he’s contracted to number 10 and looks as honest as the day is long, so perhaps not

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

2 new signings? 

I've only been told we are still trying to bring a couple in. No idea who but it can't be any later than the next few days or no point bringing anyone in. It will be too late.

Edited by MBE

Let's hope Carol has an Emperors new clothes moment very soon and sees what we are all seeing. Flitcroft , who almost got us relegated last season, will this season. As he is the person responsible for everything the ball touches, why is he still here ? Forget all the other stuff he does the only part of his job that really matters is keeping us in this division . Carol he is failing Port Vale, the fans can see it even if you can't. Forget the smooth patter and actually look at the league table. Phenomenal players don't get you relegated, phenomenal players get you promoted.

Edited by man in the pub
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NW9Valiant said:

I'm moving back to Stoke this year (selling my flat in London) and would want to get a ST for next year, but the way things are, I am thinking twice about getting one. 

I just want the club to be forward thinking, forever challenging itself. Even if that means moving the likes of Flitcroft on after a few years. Surely an ambitious club should always be looking to do that?

He has done some good in non footballing stuff, but we are heading to the abyss with him in charge of recruitment.

“Thinking twice”?  Come on, jump aboard the roller coaster.  Experience the highs and lows first hand. 👍🏻

Edit: Sorry, that last sentence should read “lows and highs”…..in order of probability.  

Edited by Guitar Ray

34 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

“Thinking twice”?  Come on, jump aboard the roller coaster.  Experience the highs and lows first hand. 👍🏻

Edit: Sorry, that last sentence should read “lows and highs”…..in order of probability.  

I would have thought lows and lower still.

😡😡😡

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If Carol can't bring herself to remove DF, why not give him a changed role and put him in charge of project managing all the ground developments which is the part of his job he seems good at.  Then let the manager sort out recruitment along with the existing recruitment team.

Put Rudgey in as head of recruitment 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 18:30, Wrex said:

Bell had Rudge as manager, bringing in millions of pounds of revenue and operating on a shoestring budget whilst also doing the work of ten men. I'm not sure Bell spent the money as well as he could have, though fair enough he wasn't wealthy enough to pump money into the club himself and kept us solvent... until he didn't.

I think time has given Belly a halo he never deserved? It wasn't great, turning up, for the first game of the new season, to find your best player had been sold...time after time! Fortunately, Rudgie was the manager and found some great replacements...but they became fewer over time. 

• Like 4

On 19/02/2024 at 16:44, robf said:

I never said in my post that the things they wanted to do were wrong. Far from it, I actually said the infrastructure changes would be "great to have" and I think some of them sound amazing. I admire the long-term thinking (but the key words in that sentence are "long" and "term").

As my post says, it's the order of things that I think is wrong.

Get the first-team picture right (and we saw that for spells under Billy Bell) and that success allows you the leeway to make gradual infrastructure changes as well. Arguably Bell's reign came to an end when rather than smaller scale, sustainable projects he took away a load of the first-team budget to start the LS work. In that he also tried to run before he could walk.

Our owners have also been hampered, due to the lack of investment on the stadium in previous years. Attendances have been less than we expected because the terraces / stands didn't meet H & S standards, so had to operate at lower capacity, consistently reducing the gates and takings!. Fortunately, due to FFP, money spent on ground improvements took nothing away from the team - unlike in Bell's days!