David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Your first sentence is patently wrong.  If I give someone a job it’s in the belief that they’ve earned their chance, usually, in this case, by having a proven good track record in football, as was the case with DC.  But it’s not simply an individuals CV, there are also many other factors which come into play.  In Crosbys case the club knew the character of the man and already had trust in him.  They obviously thought his coaching and man management skills were good, having observed them first hand. He knew the workings of the club and the blue print.  He knew the players and they seemingly had a lot of respect for him.  You only have to listen to Ojo in his latest interview.  The club decided to offer Crosby the role based on these factors.  It was less of a risk than employing a manager based on his CV, an interview and a few recommendations, which is where we are right now.  Whoever gets the job will have “earned their chance” in the eyes of the club.  There’s a lot of pressure to get it right but one look at them lot down the road will tell you all you need to know about how easy it is to recruit a successful manager in football.

You are not supposed to talk sense on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, valeitup said:

That was in no way a dubious penalty and the team was good for a point yesterday against a team that must be riding very high.

I don't mean to single you out, MBE, but we do need to stop stacking the deck against Flitcroft. He's got a mixed record in his job, and the last few months have been particularly concerning, but he now has an opportunity to get a very big decision right.

Team deserved a point for effort no doubt about it. Watching the replay I stil think it’s dubious decision, think no we got a little luck for once.

Flitcroft has done enough to stack the deck against himself. 

I’m only asking to explain what’s happened and put right the wrongs i.e manager and squad.

Wait to see who he brings in.

I have seen this scenario a few times in my years following the Vale, fans taking up entrenched positions coming around to believing that any counter views are from idiots or not "real" Vale fans and the rhetoric and tempers ratchet ever higher. Believe me, as a senior manager for most of my working life I know that if you get 2 people together you will get many more than 2 opinions advanced. My position is that I do not believe that Flitcroft is doing a good job, purely and simply because I think that the team that won promotion was better than the current one, so I  think we have gone backwards. I also do not agree with the current tikka tanka football at all costs. Football like any professional sport is a results based business not a philosophy or worse still an ideology, sometimes you have to be pragmatic. That is my position but I would not have a go at anyone for having a different perspective and I most certainly would not stop going up to support the lads because I was upset about something I disagreed with. Let us hope for a miracle 🙏 but be prepared for the worst.

UTV

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Flitcroft’s overall record isn’t mixed, it’s good.  All the off field stuff is heading in the right direction.  He got 1 managerial appointment right, and without an unforeseen tragedy we wouldn’t have needed to appoint Crosby, who in my view had earned his chance.  The elephant in the room is the striker saga.

bullsh1t.

3 horrendous windows. Loft. Crosby appointed without interviewing externally. Dire, dire football, playing wingbacks when we don't actually have any. 3 wins in 5 months and we're in the relegation zone and our forward line every second half is an actual child who did his GCSEs last summer, but it's alright because DF is building an office overlooking the training pitches. FFS does anyone at the club actually have a grip of reality?

and without an unforeseen tragedy we wouldn’t have needed to appoint Crosby

We never NEEDED to appoint Crosby. 

had earned his chance

It isn't a gameshow.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I don't need you to tell.me when I can and can't protest , I want what's best for our club so you can get off your soap.box now and go give your head a wobble  👍 UTV

Thought everyone were brilliant yesterday mate.

I don't for one minute think everyone who was there yesterday is supportive of Flitcroft. I was there for a start and he isn't on my Christmas card list!

Is Flitcroft's failure to sign a major reason why we are in the Relegation zone? Yes of course he is.

However I believe the players missing with long term injury is an even bigger reason. Garrity for one is a massive loss isn't he?

There are a number of posters on here who are trying to 'encourage' vocal protest against Flitcroft during matches and it is IMHO counter productive.

We all want Vale to stay up and yesterday I thought everyone did a great job encouraging the team when 1-2 down especially.

UTV

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Your first sentence is patently wrong.  If I give someone a job it’s in the belief that they’ve earned their chance, usually, in this case, by having a proven good track record in football, as was the case with DC.  But it’s not simply an individuals CV, there are also many other factors which come into play.  In Crosbys case the club knew the character of the man and already had trust in him.  They obviously thought his coaching and man management skills were good, having observed them first hand. He knew the workings of the club and the blue print.  He knew the players and they seemingly had a lot of respect for him.  You only have to listen to Ojo in his latest interview.  The club decided to offer Crosby the role based on these factors.  It was less of a risk than employing a manager based on his CV, an interview and a few recommendations, which is where we are right now.  Whoever gets the job will have “earned their chance” in the eyes of the club.  There’s a lot of pressure to get it right but one look at them lot down the road will tell you all you need to know about how easy it is to recruit a successful manager in football.

A lot of words to say 'they appointed the wrong guy in a massive blunder, without speaking to anyone else'.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Flitcroft’s overall record isn’t mixed, it’s good.  All the off field stuff is heading in the right direction.  He got 1 managerial appointment right, and without an unforeseen tragedy we wouldn’t have needed to appoint Crosby, who in my view had earned his chance.  The elephant in the room is the striker saga.

I didn’t think Flitcroft was involved in the off field stuff, I thought he was responsible for the playing side. Clarke was decent and the right choice but he’s had more backing than any ,manager I can record in 35 years of watching the Vale, and I don’t think Crosby is as bad as a lot make out, maybe he shouldn’t have got the job but I think with better signings he would have easily kept us up as well as getting us further than ever in the League cup. Port Vale have been going backwards since December 22 on the pitch, why? I don’t think it is our owners, some may blame Crosby, myself I blame whoever is responsible for the players we are bringing in. We survived by a few points last season, and nearly all the season was under Clarke, our squad is now worse so what do people expect. If Flitcroft is in charge of the playing side he should be in charge on what players we bring in and controlling the budget, he has failed miserably and will most likely continue to fail with whichever manager we have.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I didn’t think Flitcroft was involved in the off field stuff, I thought he was responsible for the playing side. Clarke was decent and the right choice but he’s had more backing than any ,manager I can record in 35 years of watching the Vale, and I don’t think Crosby is as bad as a lot make out, maybe he shouldn’t have got the job but I think with better signings he would have easily kept us up as well as getting us further than ever in the League cup. Port Vale have been going backwards since December 22 on the pitch, why? I don’t think it is our owners, some may blame Crosby, myself I blame whoever is responsible for the players we are bringing in. We survived by a few points last season, and nearly all the season was under Clarke, our squad is now worse so what do people expect. If Flitcroft is in charge of the playing side he should be in charge on what players we bring in and controlling the budget, he has failed miserably and will most likely continue to fail with whichever manager we have.

I still don't think that Clarke was either decent or the right choice. He was backed to the hilt and decimated our squad by bringing in his yes men players. We are struggling now because the soul has been ripped out of the squad. None of the players other than Smith and the kids have any affinity to Port vale and it shows. Everyone reveres John Rudge, his skill was gradually evolving the squad by replacing the worst players with better players over time so that there was continuity. Everything bad that happens to a club managed by Clarke is someone elses fault and everything good is down to him, in his mind anyway. Look at Walsall after he spent all their money wrecking their squad and then bailed out. I have nothing personal against Darrell, he is just a dreamer like Flitcroft.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1