onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

I think we need to lay off DF. The fervour on here is now too close to becoming a hate campaign. I know people are frustrated by player signings and where we are at the bottom of the league table. I am. But he doesn't deserve the vilification he's getting. At the heart of our issues is simply that running a football club is difficult. Most of the clubs we are competing with in L1 are about equal in size or bigger. 

Advert

7 hours ago, Kevin The Valiant said:

Won't go down if Moore is appointed???

We are already down.......plain and simple

6 hours ago, Warren said:

He would likely create a resilient team with good defensive qualities. I'm not lobbying for him, just observing his background. Generally had two year spells at clubs, but he couldn't fix Huddersfield and was gone after 4 months.

Fix Huddersfield? They’ve had 12 managers in the last 5 years! 45% or more win ratio wherever else he’s been that’s impressive 

43 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

This is Vale we are following and love.  Got another couple of weeks yet to roll on before a manager is announced.  😉

I am hoping like you we see something today or even tomorrow introduced to the fans.  We need a manager announced very soon to enable him to get the best out of the team and hopefully get a couple of points from our in-hand games we have.

I’m feeling a 5pm announcement of Dean Whitehead coming on 🤣 I’ll be ecstatic if it was big Darren Moore! 

8 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m as negative as anyone but we’re not down yet. A good managerial appointment and we will have a decent chance. I think moore would keep us up. Fans would get behind him and the team 

True mate. Still a bit to go yet 18 big games! Yes we have those 2 games I’m hand but they don’t mean anything if we don’t win them or pick up some points at least, I’d rather have them than not tho. It has to be a big name or a proper manager with experience. Come on Vale 💙

17 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think we need to lay off DF. The fervour on here is now too close to becoming a hate campaign. I know people are frustrated by player signings and where we are at the bottom of the league table. I am. But he doesn't deserve the vilification he's getting. At the heart of our issues is simply that running a football club is difficult. Most of the clubs we are competing with in L1 are about equal in size or bigger. 

So we can’t criticise Flitcroft for his mistakes, his appointments, his philosophy, his silence, his track record, his poor recruitment at times but your happy to hound Crosby for this seasons mess even tho hes clearly been thrown under the bus by him & made mistakes. Flitcroft needs to come out of hiding, that will definitely get a few more faces behind him to some extent. Certainly me, i still wouldn’t like the bloke but I would have respect for him if he did & try to rally behind him again like I have previously 

So just to confirm:

- Moore - Everyone would be thrilled but question for me is whether he could succeed on a smaller budget / the mess we are in. Apart from Huddersfield all his teams have been expected to do well.

- Bonner - Track record of staying up. Also a bit more experience with that promotion. Sense it just went stale for him at Cambridge - from forum comments think he would be well received on the whole

- Kennedy - I think we're being a bit dismissive. On the plus side can build a solid team but not much more experience than Crosby

Are there any other main contenders? Keep seeing Gary Bower, Derek Adams mentioned too.

Bowyer does sound a boring sod from some of his interviews and as the poster said above evidently came over the same on commentary, I guess he can't help his voice/accent though😁.  That said decent record by enlarge.  Couple of promotions at Blackpool and Dundee(albeit it the one in Scotland with a side you'd fancy to be there or thereabouts in their 2nd tier, still got to be achieved though).  Harshly fired at Salford like 1 or 2 others after a half decent season as well before that.  We could do worse as I said yesterday.

Bonner similarly, did very well at Cambridge. Appears to have spent most of career in the Cambridge, Essex, East Anglia region though, it would surprise me from that point of view if he came to Vale, particularly if he has a family, but football can be a nomadic career I guess so who knows

Kennedy and Adams would undoubtedly fall into the underwhelming category but most managers will have their pros and cons if you go on previous endeavours/records, as long as they aren't truly awful records they are going to get a job somewhere eventually you'd imagine. It maybe us?  Like most I wouldn't be enamoured but I'd give them a chance.

Moore would certainly be the marquee appointment of those mentioned although his record does come across to me as a tad overrated perhaps? Again pros and cons we can all see I guess.

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I think the opposite. No doubt in my mind who's responsible for our position and he needs to know. 

Looking at the experience and win ratio's of the potential candidates in the frame you have to hope for Darren Moore.  As much as I would of liked Gareth Ainsworth I think Moore would be a really good fit bring a different dynamtic to the club. 

Archived