onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

For me, the biggest challenge Carol has is dealing with the Flitcroft factor, as I suspect any Manager worth his salt isn't going to want to work under that chancer... At the very least, it's going to really limit the choices.

I suppose we will see how solid the Board's support for him is over the next week or so.

I know what I would do...

18 hours ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

"Do you know what ? I'm going to go against popular opinion and say right Flickers you get one more chance, your very last chance."   (BJ)

....You're a better man than me then, Brian.  To me, he's already outstayed his welcome by many months.

He had more than enough chances 

Flitcroft is full of S###  He's got to go 

7 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

LIVE ODDS, BET VICTOR....

Ainsworth.    4/1

Duff.               5/1

Eustace.          6/1

Dunn.              6/1

Moore.             8/1

Heckinbottom. 8/1

Rowett.             10/1

Neil.                   12/1

Wild.                   12/1

Any of those will do me  Barring

Dunn , Don't want that numpty 

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Gamble in one aspect that, real gamble but in fairness to Will he has done excellent with the youth side hasn't he.

Different to making in game changes and tactical decisions in L1 though...

Can't do any worse than Crosby 

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Or maybe the shocking result at Fleetwood was to far 

Some of the <ovf censored> some of u guys just come up with 

There have been many, many dreadful displays before Fleetwood that didn’t coincide with the window been safely shut. 

1 hour ago, ValeForever. said:

Clearly been a fall out behind the scenes. You can tell by the kind of language used in the announcements. Dunn gone as well, no thanks for his time at the club. All seems very non amicable. 

After stating 2 x weeks ago that relegation wasn't in his vocab, Flitcroft is now quoted as saying League 1 survival is our only priority. You couldn't make it up. If anybody needed any further evidence this guy is full of <ovf censored>, then this has to be it.

Good luck to Ryder & Co tonight.

Perhaps they all said Flitcroft was a fraud .

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

On the one hand at least any future manager won’t be bound by having to work with existing coaching staff. Seen how that works out before.

On the other hand if all of them are gone and left the academy staff in charge it does make me think the whole coaching staff have pretty much just raised what an absolute <ovf censored> sandwich they’ve been given to work with.

I completely agree with this.

Absolutely no positive words from DF in his statements re the coaching staff upon their departures.

No way are things as lovely, pleasant and huggy behind the scenes at Vale as we are led to believe.

This is going to be a very interesting managerial appointment this is.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Its a completely different animal coaching the kids to the first team though, its night and day.

Its on a wing and a prayer this one but what worries me most is the statement the club put out seems to suggest they will take their time over getting a manager in... we dont have time.

Im going back Ryder & his staff for now 

Give them a chance ,let's see what happens

UTV.      👍.        kTF 

8 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Perhaps they all said Flitcroft was a fraud .

For what it's worth (& we'll probably never know) I'm pretty convinced the original plan was to give AC the game tonight, hence why he took training yesterday. There was clearly a meeting after training & <ovf censored> has hit the proverbial fan.

Crosby has lost his <ovf censored>, Scho has backed him up & Dunn has backed him as well. They've called out the disaster of a transfer window & they've all been tinned. Flickers has gone cap in hand to Will Ryder on the basis he's basically the only person left (other than the GK coach who we're yet to hear about) who can look after the side tonight, other than Flitcroft himself (which he was never going to do based on the abuse he would've received).

There is no plan B. He's currently drawing up a list of options following Crosby's unexpected outburst yesterday. Ryder will be in charge at the weekend (Interim strikes me as being in place for a few games, not just one).

The pressure is on, massively.

My two pence:

There's only going to be a very select type of manager who fancies this job right now. We've got one of the lowest budgets in the league, one of the worst squads, almost in the relegation zone with no window left too change it around.

Thinking realistically, our only options are either:

1) someone in non league or abroad who's thinks we are a step up regardless of whether we get relegated.

2) someone who hasn't had a job for absolutely ages and is desperate to get back in.

Any ideas that we are going to get Darren Moore or any other ex championship manager is frankly pie in the sky.

Archived