onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (A) match thread 3rd Feb

59 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not a fan of DF at all. Here’s the scenario he says we need these players and it’s going to cost X amount. He gets told ‘No’ and I’m only prepared to give you a percentage of that amount. We buy turds and try to polish them.

Yes to some extent i would go with this. Pity he doesnt have the balls to be more open about our budget and money available.

One question though.

When DF refused to speak after a " fan " questioned the possibility of relegation, if we are relegated where do Carol and the directors believe the money will be coming in from. How will we be able to build on this seasons playing budget, let alone staff budget. What will be cut first.

Will we still be able to attract the top prospects in the country. What benefits will this bring to Port Vale. We have had them this year and relegation still looms. What benefit have we had this year.

Advert

We have a better pitch, we have a better scoreboard, we have a fanzone - just some of the improvements BUT the MOST IMPORTANT thing at a football club is the football and I would rather see money spent on that than a scoreboard. 

Entertaining football brings the crowds in and hence the money- then you can put your money into pies etc but the football has to come first 

The club needs be put up for sale .

The manager needs to be relieved of his duties

That's should be the outcome of today's defeat 

It wasn't even a bad defeat it was a very bad defeat .

Would you on that performance swap any of there players (the worst in the league ) for ours .

No you wouldn't they had MENll playing for them we had half hearted wimps playing for us .

It's over league 2 beckons .

Love Vale but finding hard to like any of our players only Garrity .

Cass gets released on loan while Smith continues his garbageness

For that alone we deserve go down 

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

They're not awful players, just awful tactics. If there's no response from the team on Tuesday night I shall be very saddened, and convinced next season will be back in L2.

Loft,smith,massey,uche,Lowe, sang ............

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

And we are a community based club as well and we have plans for growing it in future years.  However, we have lost some of the fan base now we have gone down. 

Oh well never mind seems to be coming out of the club.

Lost fan base = lost revenue. How do we improve our playing budget.

We already have decent support / ticket sales, excellent shop sales, a new hospitality matchday venue, huge number of hospitality boxes, ground advertising. How do we improve all of this next season, whether in div 1 or div 2

Thousands of us sit there week in, week out, patiently watching The Vale face team after team after team with better players than we've got and "accepting" defeats against teams that we're told have bigger budgets than we do. 

It's so hard to win promotion, but the club seem to have thrown the towel in this January and accepted that we're not going to compete in the transfer market for players of the required quality and simply gamble on cheap loans of kids who belong to other clubs.

The club has been totally mismanaged over the last five weeks and it's very sad that we're likely to get relegated back to the basement division again, without even putting up a fight.

I feel sorry for AC. He does seem to care. DF needs removing from our club ASAP. 

On another note, where is Arblaster currently? Is he just treading water in Sheff Utd's under 21s now for the rest of the season? 

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Gore now injured for at least a couple of weeks! What on earth is going on. I’d love to know what we do in training 😳 

Always seems to be struggling teams that get ‘injuries’

Coincidence ? 

13 minutes ago, CoatbridgeValiant said:

I can only assume that Crosby wants to be sacked, playing Lowe in central midfield. Sang did a job in that position against Charlton. Lowe has been dreadful every time he's played CM for us. That's on Crosby.

What has Shorrock done wrong since being part of the 3-0 winning team against Blackpool to not have had a start since? Why does Connor Grant get a kick, when he's clearly finished as a league footballer after his injury? That's also on Crosby.

Crosby is the main problem. We'd be comfortably mid-table with a proper manager. To be anywhere near the relegation zone after having Arblaster at our disposal for half a season is criminal.

Yes. Sang had to start. He is possibly the only replacement for Ojo. I hoped for Sang and Gore but when i saw Lowe and Weir - oh no i thought

Grant is this seasons worst signing. Purely because everyone ' hoped ' for a decent footballer. He is left footed and thats about it. Dreadful defender. Need to get rid.

Shorrock possibly good for 45 mins a game but better than what we put out today.

Worst of all. Watching and reading about our new players i see this :

Mighten is ideally placed as competition for Chislet and only Chislet.... Weir is competition for Wilson only.

They are attacking midfield players and certainly not a LWB or defensive mid player

19 minutes ago, osprey said:

We have a better pitch, we have a better scoreboard, we have a fanzone - just some of the improvements BUT the MOST IMPORTANT thing at a football club is the football and I would rather see money spent on that than a scoreboard. 

Entertaining football brings the crowds in and hence the money- then you can put your money into pies etc but the football has to come first 

Osprey, I could be wrong but wasn’t the scoreboard donated, to the club.?

Archived