onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

9 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I think that the only points that we will get now are  Wycombe and Cambridge. Will 6 points be enough

We will smash Exeter as well. Due a Tuesday night win mate 😅

27 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Back in the bottom 4 if we lose tonight.

God I am still glass half empty and now find myself worried that Burton will beat Cheltenham and Fleetwood. !

Think positively. A win is not out of the question and a draw is eminently possible - just depends on which Vale side turns up...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

God I am still glass half empty and now find myself worried that Burton will beat Cheltenham and Fleetwood. !

Am I missing something, HOW are we back in the bottom 4 if we loose tonight!?....😁😁

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Dunna worry. It’s in our own hands. Doesn’t matter what other teams do now.

• Like 1

365 odds just gone online, to fill the last two spots is a straight 3 horse race......

Port vale 8/11

Burton.    1/3

C'ham.     1/3

Before the Wigan game the Vale were 1/4 and almost gone......

IF we loose tonight it will be akin to;

Port vale.    8/13

Burton.        2/5

C'ham.          2/5

It's DEFFO going down to the final game now...

😬👍

A very welcome if not slightly surprising result last night.  It certainly doesn't make tonight a free hit as a bad defeat could do significant damage to the GD but for the first time in a while our destiny is totally back in our own hands(at least until after tonights 90 minutes).  Everything crossed for an unlikely win tonight to keep it that way eh😜

That said it does now mean that IF we can win the 3 home games it would leave Burton needing to win 3 from 4 and Cheltenham 4 from 5(or win 3 draw 2) to better us.

Still a long and I'd imagine twisty way to go yet though but we have hope which was fading with every passing day 2 or 3 weeks ago!

• Like 1

I don't buy this if we lose tonight .

Where's the faith folk keep going like we playing Man City we aren't we playing a club who have being beaten by the bottom club in our division .

No excuses tonight I'd expect a positive result .

If not it says more about our players if not  with peterboro playing on leg sapping Wembley surface 24 hrs after our game ended tonight we will never have a better opportunity to get a win a draw minimum .

Bring it on S V A Vale will survive but won't if players bottle it .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

Remarkable but it's possible that 44-45 points will be enough if Cheltenham continue on its current nose dive. If that's the case it's surely a record breaking low total. Tonight now feels akin to a free hit & with the vital importance of GD a single goal defeat wouldn't be a disaster IMO....

Not record breaking this year - 40 was enough the season before last for Fleetwood to stay up . Tonight’s game has me feeling similarly to Ipswich away last year when I was expecting a much heavier defeat than we got and a much poorer performance than I saw.  Don’t really go with the view of tonight being a free hit with the goal difference we have relative to Burton and Cheltenham - I’d settle for any result that keeps us out of the bottom 4 and keeps staying up in our own hands.

• Like 3

whoever loses the Burton Cheltenham game will have a mountain to climb with 3 games remaining, but ultimately I think they'll both go down and we'll stay up. Obviously emotionally, also logically. We are keeping clean sheets, playing some decent stuff, look stronger and confident every game. Tonight will be a test but I back Moore to keep them focused and get the job done overall if it doesn't go our way. 2 wins and a draw from the last 5 would see us clear, with 6 points maybe enough on goal difference, if we keep turning that figure around slowly.

• Like 2