onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I agree we need somebody realistic at the club but he's juts gone way too far with what he's been doing over the past few weeks. 

I personally like 70/80% of what Joey stands for, however, some of his antics of the past and particularly recently leave a lot to be desired. Could be fun but not for Carol. He'd deck DF!

24 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

I couldn't bring myself to support Vale if Joey Barton was manager. Just an absolute scumbag. 

Can't really imagine Carol would appoint him anyway given his feelings on women in football.

I don't agree with him. Noticed the female lines person last night did fine. I'm completely happy with women playing the game and having opportunity in all available roles. But women's football doesn't transcend from sport to entertainment with me. The standard of play in all its dimensions is not high enough. So I don't watch it. 

I met Andy last night (in a dream) and he's very annoyed with his treatment from the club. He said he'd been promised a striker although wasn't able to have any input in to who that striker would be, and he was furious when he found out that nothing had been signed. He was a bit cagey about his thoughts on Flitcroft and left when I pressed him on it. He had one of those illegal metal strimmers with him as he was going round to help an elderly neighbour do their garden - a measure of how decent the man is.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I met Andy last night (in a dream) and he's very annoyed with his treatment from the club. He said he'd been promised a striker although wasn't able to have any input in to who that striker would be, and he was furious when he found out that nothing had been signed. He was a bit cagey about his thoughts on Flitcroft and left when I pressed him on it. He had one of those illegal metal strimmers with him as he was going round to help an elderly neighbour do their garden - a measure of how decent the man is.

What a criminal

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

sacking Andy was to prevent action against Flitcroft and Flitcroft is getting us relegated 

On 06/02/2024 at 22:57, Guitar Ray said:

All well and good but having enjoyed a rare promotion why smash the whole thing up for want of a few signings.  All the things you’ve outlined we could have and be stable on the pitch.  What’s the point in building your house without foundations?  The foundations of a football club is actually the team not the other stuff.  This fact seems to have become obscure to the hierarchy who’ve been blindsided by all the backslapping for their good work off the field.  Port Vale is a FOOTBALL club.  Yes, you can use it as a vehicle for other things, the wider community for example, but primarily it is there for it’s fans.

The foundations of Port Vale FC were originally made up of the people of the local pottery and mining industries, unless I'm wrong? Surely meaning that local community was the original foundation.

Obviously... things have changed a little since since the glorious amateur age, and much of that rich industry has left Burslem. Its a bit sad really but also deserves a lot of respect.  Point I think I making is both the football and community are important as they are connected to one another.

I agree, putting a good side together sure does help matters, but it's not the core foundation. There's more to football culture than that, to me atleast...  It's about being out and about on a Saturday afternoon, with your neighbours, pals... And even some people you dont always see eye to eye with. Persides... If the players didn't turn up on Saturday I'm sure the fans would have arms in the air to put a side together... Even if we got trounced.

PS Im no happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination. I'll call out the lazy players, and heckle a little if our manager takes off our best player.... Im just trying find the light in what's been a hard year for most.. if we could at least come together for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, that would be proper ace.... If not no bother either.

I just wanna believe that Burslem and north Staffordshire can have a rebirth, I do see glimpses of it happening in some spots in the six towns. I've heard there's talks going on regarding the redevelopment of the old Vale Market. I think under Carols stewardship Vale are trying to make their own offering, and by both initiating & joining up with other local effort, it shows locals we are more that just a business... It shows we are a family club.

Just A bit of hope would be nice ay? just a wee smidgen, nothing too irrational... Like winning every match 😉 nay worry our time will come again on the pitch... One day

3 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

sacking Andy was to prevent action against Flitcroft and Flitcroft is getting us relegated 

Fraudcroft should have shown some bottle and backbone.after Crosby went and managed the team for a few games but the guy chose to throw  Will Ryder under the bus instead , Fraudcroft is spineless, imo .

Archived