onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

1 hour ago, Black N White said:

If you do this can you investigate Carol? She’s clearly pulling the wool over the fans eyes and taking money left right and  centre from the club without investing it. Cutting the wages, selling players, refusing to invest in he stadium and not repaying the loans she’s taken out. 

Thanks pal 

When was the last occasion vale bought a player for more than £100k

All loan signings. It won't work. 

The cup run? Where is the money? 

As I previously commented, the club is being ran for the sake of a steady income and the season ticket money already costered in. The club are not bothered about progress in the league. It is all about standing still and making money for the owners. 

If they cannot commit to a proper footballing blueprint which is apparent then it's time to get Bill Bratt back. 

Advert

5 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

As I previously commented, the club is being ran for the sake of a steady income and the season ticket money already costered in. The club are not bothered about progress in the league. It is all about standing still and making money for the owners. 

If they cannot commit to a proper footballing blueprint which is apparent then it's time to get Bill Bratt back. 

Cheers Bill!

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Well that isn’t wholly right. Is Flitcroft really performing well? Is Carol really running the club in a way that is getting the best possible team on the pitch?

Chief Strategist at the club is Patrick Shanahan. Why is this mummies boy not getting any stick? His strategy is crap. Clearly not working. 

Can anyone truly say yes, they are all working well, to that too? 

Many successful family businesses out there in the economy. Even been some in footie on Merseyside - Littlewoods. You have obviously researched Patrick's qualifications and work experience?

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

Many successful family businesses out there in the economy. Even been some in footie on Merseyside - Littlewoods. You have obviously researched Patrick's qualifications and work experience?

Well yes, dare I say it, Bet365 is one. 

Port Vale isn’t thus far. 

1 hour ago, Bede said:

He was moved to head of communications, wasn't he?

Was he? Well in December 2023 he was still being defined as “Chief Strategist”. There is a vast field of difference in the skills needed in communication and strategy. Either way both are areas sorely lacking at the club and it just seems to be Carol is sticking in him in any old job to give him something to do in life as he lacks the ability through his own means. 

If he was any good, she’d have him working his magic at Synectics, not palming him off to the football club she owns because she doesn’t wish to shell out the money for real experts in their field. 

Then again? Can we be surprised. We have a DOF who has never been a DOF anywhere else and a manager who has never managed a league club. The lack of experience from top to bottom is clear and obvious now. 

What is baffling is that when Clarke was hired we heard about the need to get a guy with a proven track record and that’s why he was head hunted from Walsall. Why has this astute, reasoned approach to staff abandoned? Only reason? Cost cutting. 

55 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

This Bill Bratt?

2 hours ago, pete vale said:

I have to admit that at the forum the other Thursday they all talked a good game. Sadly it appears that the game they all talk is 'pie-in-the-sky' stuff. Some would say <ovf censored>. 

How did the 2 x new signings from Chelsea play today?

Whilst my patience is wearing thin on the owners, you don't buy a lower league football club to make money. Even at our level, you're basically chucking money away to stand still.

I don't think they're looking to make any money from it at all. What I do think is that Carol likes the prestige of being a football club owner, hob nobbing with other football owners and various celebrities and of course the OBE. Then there's the charity work and the legacy. And she's also a regular on the BBC.

I think she may have had offers of investment, but once the ownership is taken off her, there goes all the prestige, fame and glamour that she's become accustomed to. Once you have a taste for that sort of influence it's very difficult to give it up.

She's also become too pally with the people whom she is the boss of. She calls them Flickers and Crosser....it's too overly familiar, so that when it comes to making tough decisions it's much harder as you've become pals.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Chief Strategist at the club is Patrick Shanahan. Why is this mummies boy not getting any stick? His strategy is crap. Clearly not working. 

Leave him alone. He's just brought a new set of crayon's to start designing  next seasons kit

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Whilst my patience is wearing thin on the owners, you don't buy a lower league football club to make money. Even at our level, you're basically chucking money away to stand still.

I don't think they're looking to make any money from it at all. What I do think is that Carol likes the prestige of being a football club owner, hob nobbing with other football owners and various celebrities and of course the OBE. Then there's the charity work and the legacy. And she's also a regular on the BBC.

I think she may have had offers of investment, but once the ownership is taken off her, there goes all the prestige, fame and glamour that she's become accustomed to. Once you have a taste for that sort of influence it's very difficult to give it up.

She's also become too pally with the people whom she is the boss of. She calls them Flickers and Crosser....it's too overly familiar, so that when it comes to making tough decisions it's much harder as you've become pals.

What I do think is that Bill Bratt likes the prestige of being a football club owner, hob nobbing with other football owners and various celebrities and of course the MBE. Then there's the charity work and the legacy. And he's also a regular on the BBC.

I think he may have had offers of investment, but once the ownership is taken off him, there goes all the prestige, fame and glamour that he's become accustomed to. Once you have a taste for that sort of influence it's very difficult to give it up.

he's also become too pally with the people whom he is the boss of.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Well yes, dare I say it, Bet365 is one. 

Port Vale isn’t thus far. 

And so we are where it's at really. Stoke City managed to cost over £200 million - for some success in the PL and cups - to their owners. But now even owners of that magnitude can't continue. They are threatened with relegation to L1. 

Our owners are doing their best. They have a successful local business but there are much more limitations on their funding capacity. I think they've done a great job. Now they face a critical moment in my opinion. I think we will fall into a relegation battle if Crosby continues. My assessment is that a new experienced manager would do much better. But there is risk whatever they do. 

I think Tuesday is very difficult on it's own. It may get nasty with another turgid performance of playing the ball round going nowhere. Strangely, I was ok with the performance v Portsmouth. We tried sensibly but were outclassed. But I turn up expecting to beat Orient and if we are pathetic again I and many others will let rip disapproval. 

44 minutes ago, Warren said:

And so we are where it's at really. Stoke City managed to cost over £200 million - for some success in the PL and cups - to their owners. But now even owners of that magnitude can't continue. They are threatened with relegation to L1. 

Our owners are doing their best. They have a successful local business but there are much more limitations on their funding capacity. I think they've done a great job. Now they face a critical moment in my opinion. I think we will fall into a relegation battle if Crosby continues. My assessment is that a new experienced manager would do much better. But there is risk whatever they do. 

I think Tuesday is very difficult on it's own. It may get nasty with another turgid performance of playing the ball round going nowhere. Strangely, I was ok with the performance v Portsmouth. We tried sensibly but were outclassed. But I turn up expecting to beat Orient and if we are pathetic again I and many others will let rip disapproval. 

I wouldn't expect much mate. They are 7 unbeaten and have flown up the table. One of the form sides in the division with Fleetwood  ! 

2 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I don’t think you’re far off the mark.

My patience is not wearing thin at all on the owners, I can see arguments at DoF level but I'm OK, but to save the club from L2 Crosby has to go and be replaced by a successful experienced manager. Not without risk either. 

This is sensitive and high profile because it's football and in the public domain. But Carol needs to stay focused on what she would do with a manager failing to deliver objectives in Synectics Solutions. They have to be removed and replaced. It's tough, but that's the way it is. 

Archived