onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

27 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I can't believe that me, moaner-in-chief, is saying this... but do we not all need to calm down? 

In all fairness, there are plenty of us who don't need to calm down because we've never got sucked into the vortex of negativity. 

As for the Ale and Vale thing, I listened once for maybe 5 minutes and got bored. I did wonder how they could possibly spin episodes out to 1-2 hours, but I accept I'm maybe not their target audience. 

It's worth remembering that pre-internet, fans managed just fine between match-days with Sentinel and Radio Stoke articles. l just don't get this sense of entitlement to 24/7 updates from our or any club. 

Happy New Year anyway.

Advert

Please, someone reassure me I'm not going nuts. 
Listening to Ale & Vale. Dedicated and passionate fans who attend many more games than me.
They open up by saying they've 'never felt further away from the club', and that they were done going to away games. They felt more connected to the club when we were relegated under Brown with Smurthwaite at the helm as he would communicate more than Carol does.
I genuinely couldn't believe what I was hearing. I've criticised the club communications in recent years, and rightly so, but we had two fans forums over the summer, Flitcroft gave an in-depth interview to The Valiant a few weeks ago. There is a regular Supporters Summit which we were all free to sign up for.... what do we want? Carol to give us running commentary on her thoughts and views? What would we gain?
I really value knowing what happens at the club, but I can't think of much that I feel I need to know right now which I don't know already from Flitcroft's interview + the Supporters Summit which I signed up to.
One of the A&V lads doesn't feel valued anymore, as he doesn't know what goes on at the club, and he wouldn't go anymore if he hadn't already paid for his ST. He's 'signing out'.
I can't believe that me, moaner-in-chief, is saying this... but do we not all need to calm down? 
3 wins in 5, highest average attendance for 23 years (and one of the highest for 50+ years), QF of a major competition, academy products playing in greater numbers than ever. Our league position, whilst not great, is still higher than we've finished in 13 of the last 15 years. The football *can* be dull but we've scored 8 in 3 home games. 
It isn't great, but it is without a shadow of a doubt much better than a majority of the tripe I've seen over 20 years. We're in the healthiest position the club has been in during the 21st century.
Not sure what's happened in the last few weeks. I feel like I've gone from one of the most fervently miserable to one of the most optimistic, even though I'm not exactly jumping for joy. 
They'll change their tune if we win the next game. Uche got an unfair battering yesterday. He's crap but he gave it his all the other day.

I get that there maybe a reluctance to remove Andy Crosby because he maybe meeting the targets that were set out at the start of the current season. However surely his inability to motivate the players to play at a level that ensures some level of consistency plus some poor in game decisions that have cost points must have a bearing on his continued employment.

6 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

I get that there maybe a reluctance to remove Andy Crosby because he maybe meeting the targets that were set out at the start of the current season. However surely his inability to motivate the players to play at a level that ensures some level of consistency plus some poor in game decisions that have cost points must have a bearing on his continued employment.

That's a fair point, although I think he'd counter it by saying it's his team selection and decisions that have won us the games we have won. 

Inconsistency is probably the most bemoaned feature in football but looking on the bright side we have at least been good enough to offer good. bad and indifferent performances. That's something the likes of Reading and Fleetwood can't say, they have a consistency that no-one wants. 

I've always said that mid-table football is a tough sell week in, week out. Bigger crowds would give us a bigger budget, as would player sales and the latter currently looks more optimistic.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Listening to Ale & Vale. Dedicated and passionate fans who attend many more games than me.

They open up by saying they've 'never felt further away from the club', and that they were done going to away games. They felt more connected to the club when we were relegated under Brown with Smurthwaite at the helm as he would communicate more than Carol does.

I genuinely couldn't believe what I was hearing. I've criticised the club communications in recent years, and rightly so, but we had two fans forums over the summer, Flitcroft gave an in-depth interview to The Valiant a few weeks ago. There is a regular Supporters Summit which we were all free to sign up for.... what do we want? Carol to give us running commentary on her thoughts and views? What would we gain?

I really value knowing what happens at the club, but I can't think of much that I feel I need to know right now which I don't know already from Flitcroft's interview + the Supporters Summit which I signed up to.

One of the A&V lads doesn't feel valued anymore, as he doesn't know what goes on at the club, and he wouldn't go anymore if he hadn't already paid for his ST. He's 'signing out'.

3 wins in 5, highest average attendance for 23 years (and one of the highest for 50+ years), QF of a major competition, academy products playing in greater numbers than ever. Our league position, whilst not great, is still higher than we've finished in 13 of the last 15 years. The football *can* be dull but we've scored 8 in 3 home games. 

It isn't great, but it is without a shadow of a doubt much better than a majority of the tripe I've seen over 20 years. We're in the healthiest position the club has been in during the 21st century.

Not sure what's happened in the last few weeks. I feel like I've gone from one of the most fervently miserable to one of the most optimistic, even though I'm not exactly jumping for joy. 

<ovf censored> hell. It's like you've suddenly appointed yourself as chief spinner for the happy clapper club.

Once we lose another couple of games over the next fortnight playing in the same fashion and because of the same dreadful tactics and in-game decision making by Crosby you'll snap out of it hopefully.

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

Crosby's fault we've played 37 games so far this season, just saying emoji4.png

I've said this in previous posts and on Twitter. Cup success has meant probably 5-6 games played more than most teams. It's inevitable injuries will increase due to more games.

I think we're probably 6 points worse off than we should be in the league and whilst I'll admit the football hasn't been the best,after the first Barnsley game,I'm sure no one expected Vale to be 15th at the start of the New Year and having made the quarter finals of a cup we usually go out of in the first round.

Please stop booing the players and the manager...imagine being Fleetwood who are on their third manager,or FGR who are facing another relegation and non league footie

I mean I've been openly anti Flitcroft and crosby but even I thought some of the stuff on the pod was OTT. There's been lots of times I've been resigned to us losing before games, but I'd never openly wish for it.

I do agree with one thing they said though. Communication only ever seems to come out when we're on a positive run. We had two Flitcroft fan meetings between summer and Sept. Nothing since, because he's knows he's fcked up with his manager choice and his recruitment. He did a behind closed doors interview with Baggers where he spouted his usual clichés but any face to face comms have been shut down, as with Carol.

43 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I mean I've been openly anti Flitcroft and crosby but even I thought some of the stuff on the pod was OTT. There's been lots of times I've been resigned to us losing before games, but I'd never openly wish for it.

I do agree with one thing they said though. Communication only ever seems to come out when we're on a positive run. We had two Flitcroft fan meetings between summer and Sept. Nothing since, because he's knows he's fcked up with his manager choice and his recruitment. He did a behind closed doors interview with Baggers where he spouted his usual clichés but any face to face comms have been shut down, as with Carol.

Can you give any examples of Flitcroft communications when things are going well? He usually reserves his public comments to transfer windows - summer and January.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to be explaining. I want to hear him at the end of January explain why we made the signings we did etc., and to be fair he usually does that. I don't think public comments on his take on Crosby is going to do anyone any favours.

I'm not a fan of Flitcroft either but I can't remember this time when things were going well and Flitcroft and Carol were more forthcoming with their communication. 

Can you give any examples of Flitcroft communications when things are going well? He usually reserves his public comments to transfer windows - summer and January.
I'm not sure what he's supposed to be explaining. I want to hear him at the end of January explain why we made the signings we did etc., and to be fair he usually does that. I don't think public comments on his take on Crosby is going to do anyone any favours.
I'm not a fan of Flitcroft either but I can't remember this time when things were going well and Flitcroft and Carol were more forthcoming with their communication. 

He held a fans forum with Crosby on 28th of Sept, we'd just beaten Sutton and were 4th (I think) in the league. Since then, not a word. This was different to the mid transfer window forum he held on the 1st of June to discuss the future football plan (what a laugh eh).

Archived