onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

On 26/12/2023 at 21:21, 1 said:

It would be a tragedy for this squad of players to go down. Injuries come and go, but poor tactics and formation are a feature of every game. It just so happens that sometimes other teams are poorly set up too, so we can grab some points.

Are you seriously telling me that a Darrell Clarke squad boasting Arblaster, Devine, Chislett, Garrity, Ojo, Ripley etc. would be hovering above the drop? I doubt it.

Define your version of "hovering above the drop"? (currently 14th / 24 with 9 points more than the closest relegation place!?)

Advert

On 27/12/2023 at 10:44, Playa Amodores said:

Financially I totally agree. If ppl are saying we can’t afford to pay him off, which is only six months salary, how bad are the finances.? Perhaps it’s getting rid of DF that’s the problem as a decent manager will want to do things their own way. Unlike, AC who’s obviously a total ‘Yes man’. IMO he knew he’d never get a chance like this again and never look a gift horse in the mouth. We’re paying for Carols bad decision making in appointing him, which I imagine DF backed to protect his own position. Yes Carol has spent lots on infrastructure, as part of an escape plan. 

Carol is a success in business - what's your clai9m to fame? That's possibly the biggest load of toss I've read on here, recently - even worse than Brian's comments!

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Oh, Brian - you do realize that the successor to Bill Shankly was his assistant Bob Paisley - who went on to win a club record 20 trophies? He didn't have much of a managerial CV...but had a good coaching pedigree? And Dalglish won 9 trophies, only resigning sometime after Hillsborough?

You missed out Joe Fagan who also won the league, European Cup and League Cup.

It's funny really. If Crosby had gone after boxing day then people would put the Blackpool result down to "new manager bounce" or say that it proved the players had "downed tools" under Crosby.

I don't know how successful he will ultimately prove to be - good, bad or indifferent. But I must point out that the "new manager bounce" effect is usually because a manager has been sacked because a team has been playing beneath their capabilities - for whatever reason, and players will inevitably return to their standard/average level with or without a new man in charge.

3 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Define your version of "hovering above the drop"? (currently 14th / 24 with 9 points more than the closest relegation place!?)

16/1 for the drop @ 365 this morning, if WE'RE 'hovering' God help all them below us this morning....😁🤣

9 hours ago, familystander said:

I think cros will mix it up in the second half of the season and hopefully we will see a mid table finish. Let's get behind Cros and the lads.

But that would be going against our ID and philosophy.

I have a theory about Friday night v Blackpool but I do not want to put on a damper on such a positive result and before we collect 3 points in Carlisle 

5 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Oh, Brian - you do realize that the successor to Bill Shankly was his assistant Bob Paisley - who went on to win a club record 20 trophies? He didn't have much of a managerial CV...but had a good coaching pedigree? And Dalglish won 9 trophies, only resigning sometime after Hillsborough?

LancyTony, even your not this dumb.

Liverpool have not gone down the route for 30 years now. They are not stuck firmly in the past  like you

4 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Carol is a success in business - what's your clai9m to fame? That's possibly the biggest load of toss I've read on here, recently - even worse than Brian's comments!

ha ha you are daft.

One day you might get some credibility on here but I doubt that very much

How much do you get paid ?

4 hours ago, Wrex said:

It's funny really. If Crosby had gone after boxing day then people would put the Blackpool result down to "new manager bounce" or say that it proved the players had "downed tools" under Crosby.

I don't know how successful he will ultimately prove to be - good, bad or indifferent. But I must point out that the "new manager bounce" effect is usually because a manager has been sacked because a team has been playing beneath their capabilities - for whatever reason, and players will inevitably return to their standard/average level with or without a new man in charge.

At halftime on Boxing Day I thought Crosby had lost the players and would be gone. The players actually looked like they wanted to play for the manager second half. By and large it's when players have lost confidence in a manager that they go, which often (but not always) coincides with the fans. If we win today I suspect Crosby is safe for quite a few weeks. Looking at our remaining home games Charlton and Portsmouth look tough; after that there aren't many teams you wouldn't fancy us to take points from if we are on our game. The real disappointments at home were Cheltenham and Burton. 

12 minutes ago, JRC said:

If we win today I suspect Crosby is safe for quite a few weeks. 

With respect, if we're ever to get stability upon which to build we've got to put faith in our man and back him through the ups and downs. 

I'm just glad Carol has had the backbone to stick with AC and I'm optimistic we're going to end up comfortably mid to top 10 of the table. 

On 26/12/2023 at 19:51, ollyandpatch said:

I think you might be correct and my bones tell me we will be welcoming Morecambe Harrogate Newport Salford etc next season.

Wow! Fantastic odds on those 4 getting promoted. How much have you had on?

1 hour ago, smithie said:

With respect, if we're ever to get stability upon which to build we've got to put faith in our man and back him through the ups and downs. 

I'm just glad Carol has had the backbone to stick with AC and I'm optimistic we're going to end up comfortably mid to top 10 of the table. 

I never wanted Crosby out but realistically if we go on another run this season similar to prior to the Exeter game he'll be gone. It's a results business at the end of the day. I'd be pretty confident our home record will improve, which it needs to.

37 minutes ago, JRC said:

I never wanted Crosby out but realistically if we go on another run this season similar to prior to the Exeter game he'll be gone. It's a results business at the end of the day. I'd be pretty confident our home record will improve, which it needs to.

… and if we go on another run like after the first Barnsley game, we’ll go up.

9 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

… and if we go on another run like after the first Barnsley game, we’ll go up.

Have you seen the points totals in the top six? Teams are going to need about 85-90 points to be in the play-offs at this rate. I like the sentiment though.

You do realise if we won our next 23 it would be because it's a poor league and we'd had lots of luck? And still Crosby Out of course.    

Archived