onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

43 minutes ago, AndyGeorge said:

Anyone know why DC had to go? or why DF wasn't asked to leave with him? Is PVFC still paying DC? 

- Flitcroft said that DC had "lost the dressing room"... with four games left to go until the end of the season when the playing staff could and would change massively.

- Carol is reliant on Flitcroft.

- It is usually the case that when a manager takes a new job then he no longer receives money from the club that sacked him, so the hierarchy must have been delighted when Cheltenham hired Darrell... whether they are so delighted now that Cheltenham have cut the gap on us from 16 points to 7 is another matter

Advert

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

I know you want Crosby out but if you had to choose….

A) We sign a quality striker in January and Crosby stays until the end of season when we replace him with a new manager. We have more time to find the replacement and most likely more available plus they have the summer to re build the squad

B) We use any spare budget we have and pay off Crosby now and replace him with a new manager which could be either rushed in, or we are managereless for a month or 2 and then possibly just give the job to Flitcrofts mate or our 16th choice.

Who'd be an owner? Always between a rock and a hard place. Huge disparity in resources between clubs, even in League 1.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I know you want Crosby out but if you had to choose….

A) We sign a quality striker in January and Crosby stays until the end of season when we replace him with a new manager. We have more time to find the replacement and most likely more available plus they have the summer to re build the squad

B) We use any spare budget we have and pay off Crosby now and replace him with a new manager which could be either rushed in, or we are managereless for a month or 2 and then possibly just give the job to Flitcrofts mate or our 16th choice.

At this point Phil I would rather pay Crosby off.

I’ve said it a few times but this group of players would perform better and results would improve with a good manager.

17 minutes ago, MBE said:

DC would have been paid by us until he had another job. 

Would we not be paying the difference in his wage until the end of his contract unless we had negotiated that when we dumped him out of the club (the first mistake we made)

28 minutes ago, MBE said:

At this point Phil I would rather pay Crosby off.

I’ve said it a few times but this group of players would perform better and results would improve with a good manager.

Fair enough. iMO it’s a gamble, I can’t see us going down with Crosby and even if we brought in Pep we ain’t going up. As it stands now, I’d rather we wait until the end of the season and make sure we get the best manager we possibly can. My biggest concern is I don’t rate Flitcroft and I wouldn’t trust him to make the right call.

9 minutes ago, WV said:

Would we not be paying the difference in his wage until the end of his contract unless we had negotiated that when we dumped him out of the club (the first mistake we made)

Correct….we pay the contract up unless there is a clause in the contract. Any manager who finds a job quickly after a hefty payout are quids in and don’t have to pay anything back.

36 minutes ago, WV said:

At our level contracts are such you don’t pay the remaining contract value. It tends to be continuing to pay the monthly salary until a new job of similar standing is found but this has an expiry date written within the contract. 

To pay the difference of his new salary and previous salary would have to be explicitly implied in the contract. You would be hard pressed to find a club at our level agreeing to that.

40 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Correct….we pay the contract up unless there is a clause in the contract. Any manager who finds a job quickly after a hefty payout are quids in and don’t have to pay anything back.

I absolutely guarantee 100% we don’t .

14 hours ago, Powerline said:

Have to agree to disagree unfortunately. It is my opinion that we will lose a lot more games between now and the end of the season if Crosby stays in charge. Therefore I want us to lose if it means he’s gone so we can win more long term.

He could go tomorrow and it won’t guarantee anything.  Is that difficult to grasp?

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Where have I said it’s a guarantee? I said it’s my opinion that a proper manager would get us more points than Crosby. Which it is. 

This is what you said, “Therefore I want us to lose if it means he’s gone so we can win more long term”.  There’s no guarantee we will win more games long term, or short term for that matter, with a new man at the helm.  Out of interest, what’s your definition of a “proper” manager?  A name you recognise?

Archived