onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Just now, Vale1995 said:

If losing on friday means the end of crosby then i certainly want us to lose on friday.

Financially I totally agree. If ppl are saying we can’t afford to pay him off, which is only six months salary, how bad are the finances.? Perhaps it’s getting rid of DF that’s the problem as a decent manager will want to do things their own way. Unlike, AC who’s obviously a total ‘Yes man’. IMO he knew he’d never get a chance like this again and never look a gift horse in the mouth. We’re paying for Carols bad decision making in appointing him, which I imagine DF backed to protect his own position. Yes Carol has spent lots on infrastructure, as part of an escape plan. 

Advert

49 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Biggest hypercrite going this geezer is. Noshed crosby off for 2 hours straight on the podcast didnt ask anything difficult and pretty sure we hadnt won in 10 games either. And im sure carol would meet with a random fan if i emailes into the club asking to see her. Load of <ovf censored> 

IMG_8628.png

Guys an absolute melt mate! Like you say he licks arse then has a good whinge on the pod 🙄 complete muppet when i was on twitter i had to block him

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

It’s not just the fact of relegation that’ll be financially detrimental to the club. I think we will stay up, one or two clubs might go on a winning run, but not all those around us. What will be financially catastrophic, is the fact that fans are talking of not renewing ST’s and will go 1876 because of AC’s tactics. No one wants PVFC to lose however, that’s football and it’s the manner in which you lose. It’s all about the tactics and style of play which he never changes. I was not a massive fan of DC due to him playing players out of position, but at least he’d change things during a game.
With youngsters being included and well done to Jack scoring yesterday and making history, we won’t keep him if another club makes an offer. 

Staying up is no gimme tho the others below us are starting to pick up some points. Give it 3 weeks & Cheltenham will be above us 

9 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

If losing on friday means the end of crosby then i certainly want us to lose on friday

Whoever is brought in will be wedded to the same system with the same players, the same recruitment team and the same DoF who felt we should go in to the season with a half formed side. 

Having said that, I think Crosby's in that downward 'panic mode' spiral. If you take a look at what's been happening with performances and believe that the issue is Nathan Smith then it's time to take a break. 

So, I'm known as the Happy Clapper In Chief yet, after yesterday, I'm now struggling to support AC any more.

As I said just on the Barnsley thread, I can take a defeat but only if we've put a performance in, put a shift in.  Three matches running now we simply haven't. 

We know we've got it in us cause we did it against Wigan.  Yet yesterday we didn't turn up again in the first half at all. 

So, for me, I'm very close to letting AC go.  Something has got to change. Yes, I know we have 10 players unfit, but for the senior players to be shown up by kids from the Academy speaks volumes. 

5 minutes ago, Osh said:

So, I'm known as the Happy Clapper In Chief yet, after yesterday, I'm now struggling to support AC any more.

As I said just on the Barnsley thread, I can take a defeat but only if we've put a performance in, put a shift in.  Three matches running now we simply haven't. 

We know we've got it in us cause we did it against Wigan.  Yet yesterday we didn't turn up again in the first half at all. 

So, for me, I'm very close to letting AC go.  Something has got to change. Yes, I know we have 10 players unfit, but for the senior players to be shown up by kids from the Academy speaks volumes. 

Nothing is going to change under crosby this isnt 4-5 bad performances we have played well once since mid September it is criminal that hes still in job. 

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

At the time Osh I felt with the scoreline the kids were thrown into the lions den . Pure desperation. However both did exceptionally well and showed real heart and fight. 

Realistically they can't both start v Blackpool but I'm afraid the alternatives are pretty poor. 

I only felt that Wilson, Shorrock, Lomax, Devine and maybe Garrity were worth a mention. The fact that 3 of those were subs says a lot. 

We have 4 of the next 6 at home and somehow have to improve the woeful offering on show. 

25 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

It’s not just the fact of relegation that’ll be financially detrimental to the club. I think we will stay up, one or two clubs might go on a winning run, but not all those around us. What will be financially catastrophic, is the fact that fans are talking of not renewing ST’s and will go 1876 because of AC’s tactics. No one wants PVFC to lose however, that’s football and it’s the manner in which you lose. It’s all about the tactics and style of play which he never changes. I was not a massive fan of DC due to him playing players out of position, but at least he’d change things during a game.
With youngsters being included and well done to Jack scoring yesterday and making history, we won’t keep him if another club makes an offer. 

It’s very sad. I mean we have had an incredible opportunity to build the fanbase. Current averages over 7,000, which only occurred twice  the Rudgie era. 

Instead we have wasted any benefit on two dreadful strikers, who nobody can blame Crosby directly for because it seems Flitcroft was every bit as keen on them. 

Rudgie’s book is a bit of an eye opener in the sense that despite us reportedly having no money we always seemed to be able to generate cash and those £10ks and £20ks he was spending, adjusted for inflation are far more than we have now. We always got unwanted players from Liverpool, Villa and Man City. Rudgie always saying he never signed anyone he had never seen. 

Today, we sign an unfit Uche after a season long holiday in Turkey doing nothing. Do you read anything in his book about signing guys who had been on Sun loungers for a year? 

No way had Flitcroft gone out to Turkey to see him play. It was all a reckless gamble with club money. 

16 minutes ago, Vtid said:

i reckon we'll lose Friday & against Carlisle. That must be it then surely even by Carols reckoning 

Nope they will give him more games and then run out of the transfer window time for the new manager to bring players in and release players.  The process would look like this for Vale board - appoint a manager after a couple of months or so messing around thinking/then discuss the process - bit more thinking about the process.  Advertise the position, then look at applications for a couple of weeks - hold 2 meeting to discuss applications.  Then think about dates for interviews and then finally think about it all and hold a couple more meetings.  Then after 2 to 3 months finally appoint someone, in time for Vale to be relegated.

Other clubs manage it in the space of a couple of weeks, as they have looked at possible candidates and approached them when the board was discussing sacking the currently manager.  So they only have a gap of a week to 10 days.  

Just now, TJHValiant said:

It’s very sad. I mean we have had an incredible opportunity to build the fanbase. Current averages over 7,000, which only occurred twice  the Rudgie era. 

Instead we have wasted any benefit on two dreadful strikers, who nobody can blame Crosby directly for because it seems Flitcroft was every bit as keen on them. 

Rudgie’s book is a bit of an eye opener in the sense that despite us reportedly having no money we always seemed to be able to generate cash and those £10ks and £20ks he was spending, adjusted for inflation are far more than we have now. We always got unwanted players from Liverpool, Villa and Man City. Rudgie always saying he never signed anyone he had never seen. 

Today, we sign an unfit Uche after a season long holiday in Turkey doing nothing. Do you read anything in his book about signing guys who had been on Sun loungers for a year? 

No way had Flitcroft gone out to Turkey to see him play. It was all a reckless gamble with club money. 

Our fan base considering we had ten years with our neighbours in the prem is pretty good if you ask me. Yes we can be a bit quiet but that is also not helped by what is happening on the pitch how can you make noise watching that tripe.. season ticket sales are good .. kit sales are good... away followings really good. I simply cannot understand how carol deems this acceptable considering our level of support. We pump money into the club as a fan base i atleast expect the team to have a go... weve had a year from hell. there is absolutely no evidence that crosby is turning this around we gave him a chance id argue he should have less leeway than if we hired an experienced managed as weve given him a chance .. but were holding on and holding on and this is going to effect the club financially in the long run because this style of football is off putting to the masses. I want to see my team have a go i dont get care what style of football we play to do that as long as the opposition comes off the pitch after 90 mins and thinks <ovf censored> me that was tough. Teams are steam rolling us in 1st gear at the moment and it is not on.

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

At the time Osh I felt with the scoreline the kids were thrown into the lions den . Pure desperation. However both did exceptionally well and showed real heart and fight. 

Realistically they can't both start v Blackpool but I'm afraid the alnatives are pretty poor. 

I only felt that Wilson, Shorrock, Lomax, Devine and maybe Garrity were worth a mention. The fact that 3 of those were subs says a lot. 

We have 4 of the next 6 at home and somehow have to improve the woeful offering on show. 

Agreed 

I'd take a 0-6 hammering if we played up and in the faces of other teams. The first half yesterday we did no pressing and were happy to let them have the ball and play their game. Second half we actually put a press on and challenged for the ball.  

Players need to start putting their bodies on the line. 

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

Agreed 

I'd take a 0-6 hammering if we played up and in the faces of other teams. The first half yesterday we did no pressing and were happy to let them have the ball and play their game. Second half we actually put a press on and challenged for the ball.  

Players need to start putting their bodies on the line. 

Was the same against boro in a league cup quarter final. If crosby cant motivate the players for that then i give up . Pathetic is the only word to describe it. 

pre match interview says no motivation is needed today bevause of what happened away.... que the first half 

Archived