onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The definition of insanity.... (and how this relates to Andy Crosby)

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

46 minutes ago, Gigglypin said:

Getting we are all disappointed, results and performances haven’t been great over the last couple of months and last night was a missed opportunity but where do we think we are?

I would hazard a guess that somewhere between 12th and 15th in the league, a decent (somewhat fortunate) cup run and bedding in of youth team players is meeting this years brief.

i know we strive for better but the style of football which the club is now trying to play is a complete and utter culture change to what we have been used to since probably the ldv winning side which is nearly 25 years ago. Since then for the most part we have played quite direct and kicked anything that moved.

Whilst at times this is exactly what we have needed at some stage we needed to move away from it in my opinion.

I actually think we are a centre half and a focal point centre forward short of being a pretty good 3rd division side.

i also look at Stoke taking another risk with Schumacher and think that the options for managers at this moment is pretty poor and in terms of sacking ours I can’t really see any candidate who would take a club forward.

off topic but i think schumacher is an unbelievable appointment for that lot

How many teams change over half of their defence as tactical substitutes during a match? Teams tend to pick their back 4 or 5 and leave it for the 90 minutes.

We seem to bring off a centre half at 60 minutes and then concede 5 minutes after changing the back line. And when the updated back line starts to settle 15 minutes later he hauls off another one of them and they have to readjust again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I don't think beating nine man Oxford with a penalty, Carlisle with a penalty, and lowly Reading with a deflection is catching teams off guard. 

We have been atrocious all season. That blind ball bag should have gone at the end of October and that is being very generous. People were wondering why tickets weren't selling......well tonight is why. People wondering why it wasn't on TV, I wouldn't make my worst enemy watch that bilge.

Can you tell me if we were "atrocious" against Wigan on Saturday...??

Simple question.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AndyGeorge said:

fuzzyvalefan, I get your points but we are on oatcake budgets. We probably would even be on that if it wasn't for our current owners.

According to transfermarkt, the total value of the Middlesbrough 27 man squad is roughly £50 million. Vale's 25 man squad is roughly £5 million.

You could see that on the pitch tonight.

AC is not insane, his approach is consistent which has worked out in the last couple of league games.

We're just not that good.

Even so, I'd rather be Vale. I don't like to see us calling for the sacking of managers like the deckchairs down the road.

UTV

Andy you are wasting your breath

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Osh said:

Can you tell me if we were "atrocious" against Wigan on Saturday...??

Simple question.

very good against Wigan but there's prob only 2 maybe 3 games all season where we've played really well osh & that's not good enough i'm afraid 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Because one good performance and result makes up for the rest of the season

No, it's not Brian.

BUT, it is the language used on here.  I think it was you who came out with the perfect line some months ago (when we were riding high at 2nd) I think it was you who said "We're not as good as some people think (as people were talking about automatic promotion at the time or even being champions) but we're not as bad as some think"  I agreed with you at th time and, if I recall correctly, I was counseling people to calm down and not get too carries away.

Right now people are using words like atrocious, gash, sh!te - add the rest that get posted on here and FB from all the other FIFA managers.  And I heard someone at the bar last night at VP say "he needs to tell them off, tell them what they're doing wrong and to stop doing it".  Oh that its that simple!

Last weekend it all clicked into place; we need to try and keep repeating that against the likes of Wycombe (et el) - if we can then we'll have no problems staying up; personally, I still think we'll finish in the top-half of the league - especially if we add a couple of players in the window.

As for last night - you can see the gulf that we have to span; we were nowhere near good enough against a £50m side.

• Like 6

Disappointing result, disappointing performance. However, we didn't really expect to win and now we can laser focus on the league. Not sure what to expect against Wycombe but you would certainly expect the boys to be motivated against Barnsley on Boxing Day, who wouldn't be? If we can exact revenge for that opening day capitulation and the momentum then carries on to the Blackpool game it could jump start the season.

I'm dreaming again, but what the heck.

• Like 5

I'm no wordsmith so I'm struggling to get this right so please bear with me.

I get the disappointment, frustration, and the anger but I (me, personally) see real promise in this side and the way we play and it all came together last weekend.  I'm not naive and know we might not get the same this weekend at Wycombe as we still have a long way to go to bring out performances like that every week, but we're getting there.

Now, compare and contrast with those down the 500 at Incinerator Towers; they have swapped and changed many times over the past few seasons and are still living at the foot of the Championship and might drop down to EFL1 in May.  

I firmly believe that AC is getting more right than he's getting wrong and, if we hold our nerve and get behind him and the team, and if Carol adds more to the budget in the window, we'll see more Wigan-like performances than Cheltenham-line performances.

If that happens and we continue to add the likes of Debrah (can everyone remember the day after the Rovers match and people saying how sh!te Debrah is and should never put on a Vale shirt again...??) and we find more Chissies, Lowe, Ripley and the Yak. Then we WILL get there.

Anyway - i'll shut the fook up.

Up The Vale fellow Valiants and have a cracking day

• Like 5

6 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Well yes I have had a drink, many drinks but none since February. I am a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for 10 months so well done for making light of that. Even chaired my first AA meeting last week. I have also been to virtually every match this season and not a single drop of alcohol or any mind altering substance has been in my body for any of them. I suspect given your comment that you cannot say the same. So I would suggest my recollection of the season is pretty damn accurate. I invite you to re read my post and point out exactly what you disagree with. I don't post very often so this is a summary of my thoughts over the last few months so it's length is fairly reasonable. The irony is I suspect it's u who has embarrassed yourself when u re read the thread. But again, pick out the points you disagree with.

Glad you are on the mend , I don’t know you personally. 

we had the best performance of the season on Saturday. We have won the last 2 league  games and are now starting to get some players fit again 

other than the strikers the squad has improved from last year. 

the style of play is better to watch and when ‘at it’ we look a better team than last year with a stronger squad  

individual errors and a big deflection cost us being competitive last night and once the 3rd goes in the game is done 

we competed well and was a good occasion, certainly not a reason to jump on the back of the manager.

when has repeatedly changing the manager ever worked for any club. ??

If we are in the bottom 4 with 10 to go (like last season) maybe the change is needed to get that bounce..

the positives out way the negatives for me this season and part of that is ; 

good new signings 

exciting loan players who are internationals (improved on last season )

style of play that is better to watch 

youth players coming into the first team  

Jesse Deborah (great signing ) 

Good cup run first in clubs history at that round. Who we had to play is irrelevant, we usually lose in round 1 to whoever we play.

unfortunately people want instant fast improvements we aren’t that club , financially or otherwise 

.small improvements with a better set up off the pitch will do me just fine. If I wanted more I could catch a train and go and watch Man City. 

Some fans just won’t ever be happy regardless of what’s happening on and off the pitch at the club, always wanting more and knowing better 

UTV 

• Like 5

We have an u21's manager with an u21's mentality - play in a set way, attract good loanees and hope it results in enough points at the end of season to stay up whilst developing some of our own young players to turn a profit. DF said as much in his recent interview.

• Like 7

Glad you are on the mend , I don’t know you personally. 

we had the best performance of the season on Saturday. We have won the last 2 league  games and are now starting to get some players fit again 

other than the strikers the squad has improved from last year. 

the style of play is better to watch and when ‘at it’ we look a better team than last year with a stronger squad  

individual errors and a big deflection cost us being competitive last night and once the 3rd goes in the game is done 

we competed well and was a good occasion, certainly not a reason to jump on the back of the manager.

when has repeatedly changing the manager ever worked for any club. ??
If we are in the bottom 4 with 10 to go (like last season) maybe the change is needed to get that bounce.

the positives out way the negatives for me this season and part of that is ; 

good new signings 
exciting loan players who are internationals (improved on last season )
style of play that is better to watch 
youth players coming into the first team  
Jesse Deborah (great signing ) 
Good cup run first in clubs history at that round. Who we had to play is irrelevant, we usually lose in round 1 to whoever we play.

unfortunately people want instant fast improvements we aren’t that club , financially or otherwise 
.small improvements with a better set up off the pitch will do me just fine. If I wanted more I could catch a train and go and watch Man City. 

Some fans just won’t ever be happy regardless of what’s happening on and off the pitch at the club, always wanting more and knowing better 

UTV 

Just out of interest, who do you consider to be "good signings". I think we signed 16 (inc the Willo farce) players in the summer, and I'd say in terms of genuinely "good signings" I'd say we've made 6 (Ripley, Chis, Sang, Jesse, Alfie and arblaster)

The rest have either not played enough, been so injury prone that it's hard to make a call or are just all out cr@p. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

You say it was our best performance Saturday vs Wigan, but we still conceeded two and nearly threw it away if it wasn't for a bit of chissy magic. The assistant manager currently in charge of us then decides to stick with the same defence against a far superior team in Middlesbrough.
  • Like 2