onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

1 minute ago, Black N White said:

Fans like your deserve the dross you get. I give up at times. 

Yeh keep Crosby, Flitcroft, coaching staff, Carol they are all doing a mint job! 

Have I ever said keep Crosby, the coaching staff and Flitcroft?

I have been a strong advocate Crosby out since Cheltenham and he can take tweedle dee and tweedle dum with him.

Flitcroft has to show leadership and advise the board to <ovf censored> em all of otherwise he needs to go as well.

We are crap, it’s a football issue, not an ownership issue.

• Like 5

Advert

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Pointless venture. Who wants a tour around a league 2 club? Get the product sorted on the pitch. Once that is acceptable start messing with other areas. I mentioned this at the start of the season where I was criticising the window and our unbalanced squad and completely ignorance in bringing a striker in. The club seem more focussed on looking good in the papers  and spending money elsewhere than on the squad. It’s all well investing off the pitch but if the product is crap, it’s pointless. Only 5k vale fans last night for a game against Derby - proof in the pudding. 

The quote is fur coat no knickers.

If the product on the field is tripe I personally couldn't give a hoot about a rollover hotdog or investment in an old folks dancing and bingo club. 

That sounds nasty I know. But I don't buy into the fanzone, kids with painted faces etc etc. I'm only interested in a decent team. 

The attendance was a disgrace last night purely because the on field offering is rubbish. 

• Like 9

Just now, MBE said:

I have been a strong advocate Crosby out since Cheltenham and he can take tweedle dee and tweedle dum with him.

Flitcroft has to show leadership and advise the board to <ovf censored> em all of otherwise he needs to go as well.

Think you are missing the point. We are crap because of the ownership issue. The buck stops with the owner. She employed them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MBE said:

The owner appointed both of those though. Carol has clearly made some mistakes and bad decisions. Now she has to do the right thing and change things while the season still has plenty of points left to play for and it's far from a write off. Keep Crosby on for another 2 months and we'll be planning for League Two sooner rather than later.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Black N White said:

Think you are missing the point. We are crap because of the ownership issue. The buck stops with the owner. She employed them. 

She employees the DOF to run all things football. That’s on Flicker not Carol. Flicker is Crosby’s boss.

If the DOF doesn’t act then that’s on Carol.

That’s how our structure works. 

Absolutely nothing to do with who owns the football club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MBE said:

She employees the DOF to run all things football. That’s on Flicker not Carol. Flicker is Crosby’s boss.

If the DOF doesn’t act then that’s on Carol.

That’s how our structure works. 

Absolutely nothing to do with who owns the football club. 

another reason why DOF isn't needed at a club like Vale. I know a lot of clubs have them these days but let the gaffer have the say & control etc to what happens on the playing side of things 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

The owner appointed both of those though. Carol has clearly made some mistakes and bad decisions. Now she has to do the right thing and change things while the season still has plenty of points left to play for and it's far from a write off. Keep Crosby on for another 2 months and we'll be planning for League Two sooner rather than later.

In one breath you want to say she knows <ovf censored> all about running a football club, in the next you want her to sack the manager? It’s the DOF’s job. He should be banging the table in the boardroom with all his stats and Brentisms to convince the board why they sign it off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

another reason why DOF isn't needed at a club like Vale. I know a lot of clubs have them these days but let the gaffer have the say & control etc to what happens on the playing side of things 

World is completely different now. A manager doesn’t have time to do everything these days. I listened to a  Dave Bassett a few weeks back, he said it’s impossible to be a manager these days without having DOF support. If you look at clubs across the EFL they are all slowly but surely moving in the same direction.

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think we have great owners and would not want to change them, unless, Ian Donaldson or Robbie Williams launches a take over.

I do, however, think that they have been getting things quite wrong on the football front since around January time and now is the time to put those mistakes right before more of the supporter base start giving them stick instead of the manager - which would be wrong by the way but you can see which way this is going to go

BJ thats possibly your best post ever for me, well done you 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

judging by the posts on here and social media in general id say crosby has well and truly lost the fans. sure hes a nice bloke and BOY did i want him to succeed. but its the same old story. inexperience is showing. that said. make no mistake we are in trouble and it will take a MASSIVE january to sort this mess out. we cannot have the current management set up in place for that. or we can say hello to League 2.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MBE said:

World is completely different now. A manager doesn’t have time to do everything these days. I listened to a  Dave Bassett a few weeks back, he said it’s impossible to be a manager these days without having DOF support. If you look at clubs across the EFL they are all slowly but surely moving in the same direction.

As I understand Flitcroft turned down the managers job. That for me is enough and should not have been employed at PVFC, ever.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MBE said:

In one breath you want to say she knows <ovf censored> all about running a football club, in the next you want her to sack the manager? It’s the DOF’s job. He should be banging the table in the boardroom with all his stats and Brentisms to convince the board why they sign it off.

I never said she know nothing about football. But she's clearly learning as she goes along. But I think she's been making some poor decisions and I don't see any reason why they can't be called out. I'd rather see a decent striker on the pitch that can trap a football and score a few goals rather than a fancy new scoreboard that doesn't help to make our football team better. What's happening out on the pitch should always be the priority. Get that right and the rest of the stuff will follow.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

On a separate note something which really bugged me from the Crosby interview. His defence of our lack of goals was we weren’t performing above the XG and we should be if we want to be a higher team like Barnsley.

Barnsley XG 24.9. Goals 34

Vale XG 18. Goals 14

Is he having a <ovf censored> laugh? 

Barnsley are very much the outlier, the only club with a much higher differential in XG v actual. Most teams are within a couple of goals either up or down.

Taking fans for fools because we string a few passes together and it’s really pissing me off.

• Like 2