onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

Advert

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

This is going to sound bonkers, but as long as we stay up, I don't mind that we are trying to play a more technical type of football.

In the long run I can't see how we could get promoted to the championship playing reactive, hit on the break football. Occasionally you get a freak team that do, but on the whole all the teams that go up control possession and are more technical. I think the club want that style of play as any youth players we develop who play nice football have more chance of a higher sale fee. It also helps with attracting high potential loan players which is something we are seeing this season. 

Things are really rubbish right now in the league and that needs to change soon. However I'm not yet at the point where I think we need to rip up all the progress that has been made, sit back and go more direct. Like it or not we are stuck with our current strikers till January. Would a new manager be able to do more with our current strikers?

I think it's clear from some of the interviews earlier in the year we got priced out of top tier strikers and invested more in midfield instead. Is that Crosby's fault? Or is that the constraints of being a mid sized league one team.

Final thought but we fixed the goalie situation this season, after realising we got it completely wrong last season. Maybe the same will happen with a striker in January/next summer. I think the reality is that it is probably really hard to get everything right at once. As long as we don't go backwards in the next window I think we'll be ok. I'm still with Crosby for now.

I think that's a fair assumption, and one which people...most people...would agree with? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

With zero penetration we would have no goals and no chances and you would be right to make that statement. But, you're not! And AC nor any other coach can eliminate personal errors from a player - because people make mistakes...but they don't plan to!

We are in the bottom 6  for XG and bottom 3 number of quality chances created. The stats and my eyes tell a different story. Only Shrewsbury and Cheltenham have a worse XG and quality chances created than us, both teams we have lost to.

You can keep ignoring it and lapping up what Crosby says about finishing chances but thats the reality. 

I've rewatched the Shrewsbury and it's criminal the number of quality deliveries from Sang but we don't have any player wanting to make a run and attack the balls. Thats poor coaching

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

We are in the bottom 6  for XG and bottom 3 number of quality chances created. The stats and my eyes tell a different story. Only Shrewsbury and Cheltenham have a worse XG and quality chances created by us, both teams we have lost to.

You can keep ignoring it and lapping up what Crosby says about finishing chances but thats the reality. 

I've rewatched the Shrewsbury and it's criminal the number of quality deliveries from Sang but we don't have any player wanting to make a run and attack the balls. Thats poor coaching

This will look like I'm targeting Loft ( Uche was equally rubbish) but at the end when there was opportunity to get bodies in the 6 yard box as we sought an equaliser , he was loitering near  the edge of the box with no endeavour to gamble and get amongst it near to goal. Hence on occasions Sangs crosses look poor . As I said Uche was equally culpable. They've got to show more desire to score a goal or at least have an attempt. 

6 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

You know, people might take you slightly more seriously if you weren't on some weird one man mission to constantly defend the club. You're coming across as a bit mental.

If that was aimed at me - I don't give a phuq what people think, or how seriously they take me! Unlike others, my "weird one-man mission to defend the club" consists of challenging people who constantly lie, misconstrue, misunderstand or deliberately misquote statistics, events and their consequences! I don't defend the club about everything - but, neither do I stoop to the same level of insanity as some of our posters? What is a bit mental is people like you who side with the numpties and try to dismiss people quoting actual facts, rather than made-up ones! As you used to be told on a regular basis - bore off!

Edited by LancyTony
Spelling
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm all for balance. We all have views but it's as though Crosby is somehow excused/exempt from this current malaise with some posters... 

...We could not have handpicked a better route to the last 8 in the cup. Whilst it's a fantastic achievement and opportunity the highest placed team we've beaten is Fleetwood. This run has papered over widening cracks within the starting X1...

Clearly, some posters are prepared to give our injury list as a possible excuse for the downturn in results?

As for that ludicrous second statement - how many times, in the past, have Vale had the chance to progress but failed - and, often, by an embarrassing defeat? Having the better route to the last 8 is one thing...actually accomplishing it is quite another!

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

This will look like I'm targeting Loft ( Uche was equally rubbish) but at the end when there was opportunity to get bodies in the 6 yard box as we sought an equaliser , he was loitering near  the edge of the box with no endeavour to gamble and get amongst it near to goal. Hence on occasions Sangs crosses look poor . As I said Uche was equally culpable. They've got to show more desire to score a goal or at least have an attempt. 

This is the crux of the problem for me. Teams just sit in a low block and deny the space centrally with no space between the lines. We work it out wide but we have no movement attacking the cross in the box except Garrity. Teams are making a safe bet on themselves to defend balls in the box against us. 

The whole team is culpable but the onus has to be on Uche and Loft, thats why strikers get paid more money.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Clearly, some posters are prepared to give our injury list as a possible excuse for the downturn in results?

As for that ludicrous second statement - how many times, in the past, have Vale had the chance to progress but failed - and, often, by an embarrassing defeat? Having the better route to the last 8 is one thing...actually accomplishing it is quite another!

Why is it ludicrous?

7 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

DC was sacked because of off field things,that was untenable. We can't keep saying he was treated appallingly etc etc. Just let it go and wish him well.

If he was sacked for off field stuff (he wasn't according to the statement) that doesn't excuse the statement put out when he was sacked and the comments from AC. That's why I think he was treated badly - not the fact he was sacked. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Applying for the vacant Portsmouth job at the time, doesn't constitute as been thrown under a bus.

No throwing him under the bus is sacking him and nobody else. They were all responsible for the run we went on last season and only one person took the blame. 

I personally have no issue with someone applying for a better job (more money, closer to home). I also don't mind if a manager loses his job due to bad results - it's all part of the business.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, LancyTony said:

If that was aimed at me - I don't give a phuq what people think, or how seriously they take me! Unlike others, my "weird one-man mission to defend the club" consists of challenging people who constantly lie, misconstrue, misunderstand or deliberately misquote statistics, events and their consequences! I don't defend the club about everything - but, neither do I stoop to the same level of insanity as some of our posters? What is a bit mental is people like you who side with the numpties and try to dismiss people quoting actual facts, rather than made-ep ones! As you used to be told on a regular basis - bore off!

Tony, I am happy that you have a different opinion to me. Personal attacks, not so much. Attack the post not the poster I believe is the saying. 

I've not said anything that's not fact, or my personal opinion on a fact. I'd appreciate it if you didn't misconstrue what I wrote as 'made up'. 

As per your comments on my opinion as to how the sacking was handled, my feelings remain. I'm not debating if it was the wrong decision, I don't think it was but perhaps it was the only decision. I didn't like the way the club handled things post sacking and up the appointment of the new manager. I think mistakes were made (we all make them) and they will come back to haunt us very soon. Hopefully, we can turn the corner and stay up - I think avoiding a relegation battle would be a successful season. 

UTV

• Like 1

In a nutshell, we've been found out. Burton found a way to play against us & every team in & around us since has copied suit. Teams are just sitting & allowing us to have the ball because they know we will do nothing meaningful with it. There's no end product, no penetration. 

Ironically, we look much more dangerous when we have less of the ball & are able to hit teams on the break. I'm not saying that's a long term strategy for success, but from a tactical perspective we've got to be looking at conceding some possession & taking more risks. I think that might happen tomorrow v Derby. I can see it being very much like the Bolton game.

When other teams have more of the ball, they aren't as robust & it doesn't give them chance to set up like they are doing at the moment to prevent our snails pace attacks. The combination of that & our lack of thrust is leading to our current run of results. Ultimately AC is accountable for those tactics. It has to change. He can't just continue to accept that we are controlling games but losing.

Our form this calendar year is absolutely appalling. Less than 1 point per game, which is absolutely nailed on relegation form. Something has to give & if AC doesn't acknowledge that soon he will be gone. I can't see the club sacking him this side of the New Year. They've stuck their necks out in giving him a shot at the job & they won't sack him yet, even if the current form continues into December. Ppl can point at bad luck all they like but 10 league games without a win is rotten. Our form over the full calendar year tells you everything you need to know. Bang in trouble.

Edited by ValeForever.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Nothing feels rosy when a team is losing games...but not creating chances at all would be worse. Instead of carrying out some kind of ludicrous vendetta against DF, accept that players he and recruitment team have brought in were upgrades on what we already had? 

No vendetta here and yes I do appreciate the quality of players we have and the way we play. But come on, nearly 2 seasons knowing we have strikers not fit, not likely to play half a season and from January via a panic last minute signing of an unfit striker through to the Wilson debacle (who I incidentally like) and on to Lowe and now Uche - not good enough. Prices are extortionate (allegedly), no cash available (allegedly) and strikers at a premium but come on the DOF and crew should have done better in that department. Not rocket science.