onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

9 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

Who (as well as being barely national league level) was injured for the last match. Jesus wept warren, if you think we dont need a striker there nothing i can say. 

What we have got up front needs to be better organised. For example, it might be a good idea if Chislett stayed up front and wasn't dribbling round at left wing back giving the ball away. 

I don't accept that Loft is some sort of hopeless guy. He has not been used properly. In his career to date he's scored 3 goals against Port Vale in his times at Scunthorpe and Bristol Rovers. All the critics overlook that little fact in the well established and utterly ridiculous prejudice against him. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 7

Advert

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

What we have got needs to be better organised. For example, it might be a good idea if Chislett stayed up front and wasn't dribbling round at left wing back giving the ball away. 

I don't accept though that Loft is some sort of hopeless guy. He is not being used properly. In his career to date he's scored 3 goals against Port Vale. 

The last game we had Wilson’s and dipepa fit. There’s only so much organising possible. Loft has scored 7 goals in the last 2 and a half seasons for Bristol. He has never in his whole career as a striker achieved double figures. He’s not a goal scorer, and we need a goal scorer. But hey he scored against vale!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Troy Deeney would do for me till the end of the season. Would be fairly fit to given he has been with forest green 

Hardly set the world on fire has he? FGR bottom of L1 last season, bottom of L2 this. Unless he hasn't featured?

10 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

The last game we had Wilson’s and dipepa fit. There’s only so much organising possible. Loft has scored 7 goals in the last 2 and a half seasons for Bristol. He has never in his whole career as a striker achieved double figures. He’s not a goal scorer, and we need a goal scorer. But hey he scored against vale!

Loft scored 15 goals in 62 appearances for Scunthorpe Utd. At Bristol Rovers, where he was often a sub, he scored 7 in 57. At Carlisle Utd he scored 6 in 35. 

There is most certainly material to work with there. It's only Port Vale where he has been doing worse. I wonder why that is. Could it be our previous manager's lack of mastery of tactics?

Edited by Warren

1 hour ago, JRC said:

I think Newcastle only paid him for the one season he had remaining on his contract when he signed for Stoke. This season he's had to survive on his Stoke wage.

He's nowhere near the wages people think he's on.

He can't be that unfit if he only left the Mighty Potters two weeks ago. Use the Tommy Mac money to fund a deal for any player

3 minutes ago, DazFred said:

He's nowhere near the wages people think he's on.

He can't be that unfit if he only left the Mighty Potters two weeks ago. Use the Tommy Mac money to fund a deal for any player

I'm not convinced this is the way to go. I know he's played at top level but is now 34 years old and was unsuccessful at Championship level most recently. We have two similar sized forwards in Chislett and Mighton. I feel we need to get what we have going. 

11 minutes ago, Warren said:

Loft scored 15 goals in 62 appearances for Scunthorpe Utd. At Bristol Rovers, where he was often a sub, he scored 7 in 57. At Carlisle Utd he scored 6 in 35. 

There is most certainly material to work with there. It's only Port Vale where he has been doing worse. I wonder why that is. Could it be our previous manager's lack of mastery of tactics?

I know warren, it’s the stats i used when showing you he has never been prolific. Even if he hit his best ever form, it would mean what? 3 more goals this season from him? I dont know why im debating it with you. If you cant see the need for a striker then im just banging my head against a brick wall here. 

• Like 1

If we were to sign DG, perhaps he could come on a deal similar to what Cruyff had when he returned to Ajax who were going through a bad time. He wasn’t on any regular amount, he knew what the average crowd was and he received 50% of the gate above the average. That would motivate anyone.

Edited by Playa Amodores

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

I'm not convinced this is the way to go. I know he's played at top level but is now 34 years old and was unsuccessful at Championship level most recently. We have two similar sized forwards in Chislett and Mighton. I feel we need to get what we have going. 

The only difference being they arent strikers. If youve seen mighten play, hes clearly a winger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Great work!

Championship player the fans would love, we have tracked his for 12 months. He wanted to come but they wouldnt sell him and he has only played 6 mins in the championship so far - ??? Frustratingly I can’t figure anyone out despite trawling late substitutions in the championship - Flitcroft says we will go back for him in the summer 

The only player I can see that's played 6 minutes in the Champ is Joey Phuthi from Sheff Wed.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/playingtime/Championship-Stats#all_stats_playing_time

Championship striker who was exceptional in league 1 who we chased right to the end but it slipped by as they didn’t want to release him because they didn’t get their player and he hasn’t played much since - ???

"Exceptional in L1" to me would mean they've appeared high on the top L1 goalscorer charts over the past few seasons. The only realistic player I can see would be Lee Gregory, who wasn't named in the 25 man squad for Wednesday since the transfer window.

Gregory is a good shout, as we know Wednesday didn’t get their man due to the Michael Smith saga.

I had a look at that website and saw Phuthi but he is a defender… it’s not clear whether he has played exactly 6 mins, or around 6 mins… also whether that’s since Jan or since the start of the season. This one may have to stay a mystery

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

I know warren, it’s the stats i used when showing you he has never been prolific. Even if he hit his best ever form, it would mean what? 3 more goals this season from him? I dont know why im debating it with you. If you cant see the need for a striker then im just banging my head against a brick wall here. 

There are no suitable strikers out there. We need to get more out of what we have. Loft has been able to score well even in a very poor Scunthorpe side. But you know I've had enough as well. This criticism of Loft and the form it takes on here is what would be called racism if he was a black guy. It is really disgusting. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Warren said:

There are no suitable strikers out there. We need to get more out of what we have. Loft has been able to score well even in a very poor Scunthorpe side. But you know I've had enough as well. This criticism of Loft and the form it takes on here is what would be called racism if he was a black guy. It is really disgusting. 

Wow! Thinking we need a striker is racism. I know you are a bit out there warren, but this one is a cracker even for you. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I don't accept that Loft is some sort of hopeless guy. He has not been used properly. In his career to date he's scored 3 goals against Port Vale in his times at Scunthorpe and Bristol Rovers. All the critics overlook that little fact in the well established and utterly ridiculous prejudice against him. 

I've been saying this for weeks; good point on the A&V pod earlier today - Gas fan saying the best he played for them was in the channels turning defenders and cutting in.  Us hitting it long for him to nod-on (which he's winning a huge amount of duals on) is not the right thing to do.  Thats like paying for a good quality spanner to smack a nail in to a lump of wood.  Wrong tool, wrong job.

• Like 7