onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Wow - could you be any more condescending towards Carol? - a successful businesswoman? Perhaps you should meet her and mansplain what she's doing "wrong"? 

Port Vale is the only business she runs most people would care about. Is it a successful one at the moment? 

Carol is undoubtedly a nice person, but equally I actually quite liked Bratt too and Smurfwaite when I spoke to him was also fairly down to earth. In fact we celebrated him when he was dressing up in blue Smurf gear. 

The biggest arse was Bill Bell, but he oversaw the greatest success at the club. 

This “nice person” thing doesn’t mean a successful club. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, JRC said:

The striker I 100% agree on. I think Shorrock has made signing a LWB more difficult.  He's looking better each game. Currently he's better than Small ever was for us; who was regarded as the next big thing by many Premiership watchers. He's also better than McCarron who Leeds paid 250k for. Unlike many I did think McCarron had some potential but he was further away than Shorrock to being a decent league 1 wingback.  The issue is whoever we brought in had to be better than Jack and I suspect a lot of PL 2 players aren’t.  That may have been the reason we didn't go back to Denver Hume. 

Not sure we need a RWB, Massey is playing his best football since joining. Sang improved in that position,  Clark must be getting back to fitness and personally I think it will end up being Plant's best position.  Lomax has also done OK when he's played there. Towards the end of the window I was starting to think cover for Ojo might be more beneficial.  If we could have got a wingback better than Grant (who has been a little disappointing compared to what I'd hoped) then it would have been good news. Otherwise someone who could add what Ojo does started to look more appealing.  Maybe Walters will step up if required.

Sorry , I think you are clutching at straws - there are just no goals in the squad.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

First tweet vale will put out today will be about the ABBA night. Get the pop emoji897.png ready for the comments

Knowing me Knowing you league one ahaaaa .

Money money money.

The winner takes it all the Vale's standing small. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Confirmation that Michael Smith was at the club until past 11 last night.

003F8D2B-FA6B-452F-B766-06ABD1C16301.jpeg

Do you know what, I'm going to give Vale a few hours on this still

The reason I'm not giving up hope yet is because Andy Giddings (BBC Radio Sheffield) posted this about Barnsley last night and like us, Barnsley have not posted anything regarding it;

"Barnsley still hoping a deal for a midfielder was done before the deadline. Conformation one way or another now expected in the morning"

Even though that is in regards to another club, that gives me hope for Vale for just a little bit longer

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I am waiting till midday to see if this has been another bad one.  We lost some good players back to their own clubs and a couple who didn't make it like we hoped they would.  Cass going out on loan and Conlon being moved on was always going to happen.

The shock one was McDermott moving on.  But hopefully that money will help bring through younger players to become Vale stars.

What will make it a bad one is if there are no striker(s) coming in.  Just can't see where goals are going to come from with our front players, be that because they don't get the service from wingers/midfield.   Worried Willo will breakdown and then we are truly up <ovf censored> creek.

The two loanees coming in look on paper they will enhance the side.  Their fans are not happy they have gone, which is a good sign.  See if they are played in their best positions or not. 

Sorry to disappoint you, but I doubt the money from Burnley will pay the sick/injured players for one week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

The reason I'm not giving up hope yet is because Andy Giddings (BBC Radio Sheffield) posted this about Barnsley last night and like us, Barnsley have not posted anything regarding it;

"Barnsley still hoping a deal for a midfielder was done before the deadline. Conformation one way or another now expected in the morning"

Even though that is in regards to another club, that gives me hope for Vale for just a little bit longer

Too positive you are 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Port Vale is the only business she runs most people would care about. Is it a successful one at the moment? 

Carol is undoubtedly a nice person, but equally I actually quite liked Bratt too and Smurfwaite when I spoke to him was also fairly down to earth. In fact we celebrated him when he was dressing up in blue Smurf gear. 

The biggest arse was Bill Bell, but he oversaw the greatest success at the club. 

This “nice person” thing doesn’t mean a successful club. 

Bill Bratt and Smurf nice people?

Thank you for making me laugh my head off & choking on my porridge first thing this morning

• Like 4

Sounds like we may have been unlucky sign Smith late last night which would of been a great signing but we should have had other options & not thrown all our eggs into one basket. Still hoping we hear something today we all know we needed a striker desperately 

8 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

From FacebooK

I think Shane Ballard is Alfie’s Dad, the lad that does the videos?

F774034C-0D08-4D40-8886-FFC588F943D2.jpeg

Same fella that told me Conlon was going Cheltenham, Cass to Harrogate & Walters to Stoke. Hardly in the know  !!

• Haha 1

Not to have signed at least 1 striker is utterly shameful if indeed that's the case(and with every passing minute that looks the reality).   We went into the window needing a striking option(particularly once inevitably Thomas went back) so the recruitment team have basically had all month to secure some sort of replacement(s)(you could argue 2 were needed once Uche was crocked) and appear to have delivered diddly squat in that area, whatever the ins and out of the matter.  Not even a young lad on loan from a Prem/Champ academy which would have at least been another body in there to help and maybe score a few goals? 

The other signings we have made I won't criticise as they have replaced the loanees who've gone back, but we've also let 2 of our permanent players leave which you'd imagine frees up some wages.  McDermott didn't appear to be part of the first team plans at least in terms of being in the match day squad so I'd say getting a fee for him is something of a bonus. 

I genuinely thought when that happened we might see a permanent one come back in with the funds generated(plus Conlon/Cass' wages) and would have thought that wasn't too much to ask?  It would appear so sadly! 

I have always held back unlike some on the Flitcroft bashing as ultimately his recruitment(or teams recruitment) got us out of league two and kept us up, within 3 seasons I don't think that's bad. He's also generated some good funds for the club selling players like Johnson, Walker, Forrester(who I thought was vastly overrated), McDermott and 1 or 2 others which appeared good business.

However there is only so long you can live on past glories and the forward recruitment since we've been in League One has by enlarge been shambolic, it's arguably the most important position on the pitch in terms of winning games and yet on the face of it we seem to constantly neglect, penny pinch and ultimately get it wrong in that area.  Admittedly strikers cost more but how much will it cost the club in the long run through fans not wanting to go and watch a side who can't score and may go down because of the lack of strikers?

I'm not a fan of the style Crosby plays and personally think he's lucky to be in a job the run we've had, but he's been dealt a crock of <ovf censored> in this window and I doubt is going anywhere until the summer when he'll probably be dragged out if we're relegated(Flitcroft may as well follow him if that happens).

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think you are right Brian  the bloke who posted it on Facebook he and is son are great well his son does the videos said there were about 8 of them there shaking hands etc etc they went the supporters meeting and Alfie wanted stalk out the place he even took pics. .

Going bed now when awaken I expect see some very exciting news regarding signings.

If 8 of them who's to say there wasn't 3 or 4 players there .

I live in hope hope for our over the years hardcore  who's love for Vale is tremendous 

If not Debrah may have to be played up front .

Dwight Gayle is now a free player and I know that possibly his wage demands may be obscene compared to players we normally sign but if Vale are serious about moving forwards/staying up /entertaining the very folk who deserve be entertained the supporters then  they have to be if they didn't get anyone last night going for it .

We will see hope the excitable kid and his dad's viewing last night brings Vale fans the striker they deserve .

Michael Smith is a regular goalscorer in this league if him that's exactly the kind of player put bums on seats .

If not and they proceed do nothing at all we must brace ourselves for a very hard ending of the season especially if relying on a player who when selected has not really given the crowd anything to suggest he can score/or make the goals needed for a enjoyable end of season .LOFT

Let's not have a go at our fans for his lack of delivering its his job deliver not the supporters job. 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention