onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

5 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

It is slightly disconcerting that others around us in the table seem to have found an ability to sign attacking options.

Carlisle, Wycombe, Exeter, Charlton have all brought in attacking reinforcements. Maybe it isn’t impossible to land a striker after all?

On the oatcake, they are talking about Dwight Gayle joining either Shrewsbury or Walsall for the rest of the season just like Sam Vokes did when he first joined Wycombe. They are saying that Stoke would heavily subsidize his wages

Advert

34 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I think the owners are playing the long game.

The long game of all the hard work in the 21/22 season being wasted because for yet another season in a row we seem to be completely imploding in the January window and facing relegation?

Edited by Doha
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

The long game of all the hard work in the 21/22 season being wasted because for yet another season in a row we seem to be completely imploding in the January window and facing relegation?

Simply, I think if we had the money to spend and players were available, I think we'd get players in.  And may be do have the money and may be we will bring players in. BUT I reckon we don't have the budget. So, I can only see young loanees coming in.

I just feel that the owners are trying to build the club in a sustainable manner, over a medium/long term. Obviously, time will tell.

18 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I like you TJH and we agree on everything relating to things to do on the football side at Vale but I think you are being a little bit harsh on Robbie Williams.

When Take That were the biggest boy band in the world in the early 90's because of Robbie wearing his Vale shirt on stage & on TV, the club sold over 10,000 extra replica shirts in one year.

Girls from all over the world were sending the club blank cheques & letters saying please send me a shirt.

When some of our legends have had testimonial games, Robbie's turned out to play  those games.which in turn put 1000's of people on the gate which meant our legends could retire with a decent pay off.

He invested £250k into the club but got very badly burnt by Bill Bratt & his cronies and quite rightly is now taking his time getting back involved in the club & feeling his way around everything again.

He will come big for us one day when the timing is right, no doubt about that but he's making very positive strides at this moment in time to one day to come to that.

How he & Jonathan Wilkes have never been rewarded in the new year's honours list for the money they have raised for UNICEF is beyond me when you see people getting rewarded for much less

Great post - don't understand the anti Robbie sentiment.  He's clearly keen to help now he can trust the people in charge.  That trust hasn't been there before, and now it is, people still scorn him.  Let's scorn him when he's gone two years and done nowt but enjoy the title El Presidente. He's Vale through and through - give it time.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Can't beat that for taking your chances. 2 shots on goal and 2 goals.  Our strikers would need 400 strikes on goal to get a goal.

They were well taken goals as well.  Specially the first one.

I was likening us to Ipswich, and the games when we've had dozens of shots and not scored - whilst the opposition has scored with each shot they've had! Wish we could be that cynical!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Not concerned with fanzones, rollover hotdogs, face painting, DJ ( who just seems to amuse himself)

On Saturday the DJ was having a one-man rave with very loud Drum N Bass music. The music he plays and general vibe seems at odds with the fan zone. 

It's possibly because I'm of a certain age but I've never understood why it's so loud when people are trying to enjoy a pint and a chat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smithie said:

On Saturday the DJ was having a one-man rave with very loud Drum N Bass music. The music he plays and general vibe seems at odds with the fan zone. 

It's possibly because I'm of a certain age but I've never understood why it's so loud when people are trying to enjoy a pint and a chat.

I could fancy a nice bit of rat-pack pre-match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Osh said:

What makes you say that they are not bothered. Do you not think for one second that they'd love to sign players...??

Its carols interview on bbc radio stoke last Thursday.

Have a listen. We are doing well apparently!

38 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

It is slightly disconcerting that others around us in the table seem to have found an ability to sign attacking options.

Carlisle, Wycombe, Exeter, Charlton have all brought in attacking reinforcements. Maybe it isn’t impossible to land a striker after all?

[Flitcroft]You have to realise that Carlisle, Wycombe and Exeter are far bigger clubs than us with massive spending power. They are really distorting the market with their spending.[/Flitcroft]

Edited by Mellor!
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Didn't the club use that excuse for why we had such a poor Jan and why we were so <ovf censored> in the second half of last season as well? 

When will the powers that be realise that the most important thing for football fans is what happens on the pitch? 

It just seems like the club is drifting into the abyss at the moment with flitcroft and Crosby at the wheel aka dumb & dumber.

There needs to be a total clearout at the club from top to bottom, there are too many analysts  and back room staff at the club  scale it down so more can be spent on an experienced manager and some more quality player's 

Edited by Nippy Naylor

13 hours ago, Emile said:

I'm afraid I'm not privvy to the budget but there are players in the squad who don't justify their wages. 

If you don't know what we're spending, or where, then you're not qualified to make that statement! In any squad there will be less successful signings. But - are you just blaming those who don't score, or don't create chances? Or also blaming those who are injured and can't contribute to the team, so are not justifying their wages either?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smithie said:

Was waiting for someone to raise this , could at least mix it up and have a bit of everything. Puts me off going tbh and it isn’t really encouraging families. 

play some vale songs/football songs. Something to maybe sing along to !