onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

2 hours ago, robf said:

I've found the occasional packet of half a dozen oatcakes for sale in my local Sainsbury's here in Bridgwater.

It's always a total bonus to find some lurking there. 

Oh dear Rob,joining in an off topic discussion,what is the world coming to😂 stick to topic please 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Advert

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think they will be looking at them playing a bit more next like Plant did,I suppose it will all depend on finances in the summer

yeah that's a fair point, the previous posted they should be ready & playing regularly. I disagree, if they are then brilliant but if it takes another season until they're ready then so be it. Time is on their side there's no rush with the kids but obviously if they can step up quicker then it'll be better for the club all round 

Edited by Vtid

10 minutes ago, Vtid said:

yeah that's a fair point, the previous posted they should be ready & playing regularly. I disagree, if they are then brilliant but if it takes another season until they're ready then so be it. Time is on their side there's no rush with the kids but obviously if they can step up quicker then it'll be better for the club all round 

Agreed

I do think though that the club will hope that with a pre season they will be playing more games(maybe not regular),it will depend as i say on finances and also how they do during the summer

11 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Agreed

I do think though that the club will hope that with a pre season they will be playing more games(maybe not regular),it will depend as i say on finances and also how they do during the summer

💯 

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I would take Smith or Knibbs off them

I went to Reading v Wigan on Saturday and Smith was great, bullied the Wigan back line all day despite being isolated up top on his own.

Wasn't a classic from either team but Yiadom was really solid on the right side for Reading 

For Wigan, I was impressed with two of their forwards Stephen Humprys and in particular Thelo Asgaard who had loads of the ball and used it well, and stuck in a cracker of a goal too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nodge said:

I went to Reading v Wigan on Saturday and Smith was great, bullied the Wigan back line all day despite being isolated up top on his own.

Wasn't a classic from either team but Yiadom was really solid on the right side for Reading 

For Wigan, I was impressed with two of their forwards Stephen Humprys and in particular Thelo Asgaard who had loads of the ball and used it well, and stuck in a cracker of a goal too.

We're you protesting mate 😅

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, robf said:

Wasn't it Weir and Devine behind Chislett for the sixteen mins of the Reading game? 

So, it could be Weir and Gore until Ojo is back, with Chislett further up. 

Sounds good to me.

6 hours ago, Vtid said:

that saying he's not come in to replace thomas who's an out & out striker. We definitely need to bring a forward in 👍🏻 

100%, let’s hope for another piece of decent news!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, philmpv said:
52 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:
my views havent changed. flitcroft leaves a LOT to be desired. especially since hes making all the signings ( most of which are young future prospects on loan) and not actually players we can sign on long term deals. then theres the issue of 3-5-2 all the time on a pitch as big as wembleys. and then theres the insistence on keeping a manager whos win ratio is appalling. want me to go on ?

There's loads we can sign on long term deals. But nearly all will be worse, some a lot worse, than what we're getting on loan currently

Agreed - and using loan players to get us to the end of the season, whilst not necessarily a long term strategy, does at least enable us to wave two fingers at clubs, agents and players making stupid transfer and wage demands for ageing donkeys.  We get better players than some of the dross touting itself about with lots of noughts on the end of their wage demands, and these academy youngsters are good lads too who pass the Richard Head test.  They learn from our older professionals and backroom staff. They go away with a positive attitude of us, their parent clubs are happy, and in the meantime some fat bar steward of a football agent is drowning in his own tears because he hasn't met his target in January, which has to be good for the game Brian....

Some of the numbers I've seen touted for bang average players are stupid.  I'm really glad we are not surrendering to the greedy idiots manufacturing them.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Agreed - and using loan players to get us to the end of the season, whilst not necessarily a long term strategy, does at least enable us to wave two fingers at clubs, agents and players making stupid transfer and wage demands for ageing donkeys.  We get better players than some of the dross touting itself about with lots of noughts on the end of their wage demands, and these academy youngsters are good lads too who pass the Richard Head test.  They learn from our older professionals and backroom staff. They go away with a positive attitude of us, their parent clubs are happy, and in the meantime some fat bar steward of a football agent is drowning in his own tears because he hasn't met his target in January, which has to be good for the game Brian....

Some of the numbers I've seen touted for bang average players are stupid.  I'm really glad we are not surrendering to the greedy idiots manufacturing them.

Do we still have the Richard Head test? I thought that was just the former managers thing, which really meant anyone who didn't think he was the best manager ever and dared to question him.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Do we still have the Richard Head test? I thought that was just the former managers thing, which really meant anyone who didn't think he was the best manager ever and dared to question him.

I would imagine we do - the dressing room seems a happy place, and the squad and staff seem to get on?  I don't think it belongs to just one manager, I think it is standard for well run football clubs these days.  I would hope Vale check to see what other people say about a player's mental attitude and if they are a team player or in it for themselves.  Guessing they might take a look at a player's social media profile too, to see what sort of comments they put out?  However they do it, it seems to me that we have managed to get a group of players who pull together and work for each other, and don't gob off online.  Long may that continue - Uche seems like a lovely bloke to have around.

(I know I've probably jinxed it now, and there will be an explosive story in the Stokeinel about players fighting over their share of the black market dealing in oatcakes behind the Railway Paddock - but I hope not).