onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

We let 11 players go, in Summer and brought in 13 (4 on loan). We've since then sustained about 12 injuries - how the Hell are we supposed to legislate for that? Would you have broken any budget by bringing in another 12 players, just in case? Is that how you'd approach any transfer window? Bring in double the number of players we need, in case we get some injuries? 

Stop signing injury prone players maybe? 

It can’t come as a shock that players like Grant, Clarke and Wilson have been injured. 

Maybe approach a window where we don’t go for players with poor injury records. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Radio Stoke are saying that we want to sign Michael Mellon.

That is never going to happen

Could be a similar situation to Arblaster. Burnley may want to try in him in league 1. Be a decent bit of business for us - I guess Thomas will go back if he hasn’t already 

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

They didn't though, did they? They did it as part of a round up of transfer rumours on their breakfast show. I heard it myself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Stop signing injury prone players maybe? 

It can’t come as a shock that players like Grant, Clarke and Wilson have been injured. 

Maybe approach a window where we don’t go for players with poor injury records. 

Mitch Clark played 49 games last season.  Not sure he was considered injury prone before signing. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Didn’t play too many in the years prior though. He’s an injury prone player as we have seen this season 

Again not true. First loan spell for us played 40 odd games, second loan spell he signed just before covid. 3rd loan spell was ended due to personal reasons not injury. First season at Accrington he did have an injury but played about 30 games.

Edited by JRC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think we are stuck with Loft for now ,move him on in the summer or loan him out. 

I have no doubt at all that i will be on my own here but i actually think that Loft will come good(he wont be a top scorer) with a pacy striker alongside him and a run of games

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JRC said:

Again not true. First loan spell for us played 40 odd games, second loan spell he signed just before covid. 3rd loan spell was ended due to personal reasons not injury. First season at Accrington he did have an injury but played about 30 games.

Played 25 league games for Accrington that season. Regardless of the reasons he didn’t play much in the years prior as I posted. He was a risky signing at the time in my opinion with the personal issues and I don’t think it’s paid off. 

He was also out for them for a month or so last season. (Injured)

Edited by valiant_593

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I have no doubt at all that i will be on my own here but i actually think that Loft will come good(he wont be a top scorer) with a pacy striker alongside him and a run of games

Not at this level. His track record backs this up. He’s just not a league 1 player, league 2 at best and he’s pretty average for that level. And we paid a fee for him 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

To be fair they actually said that they BELIEVED we were one of the clubs that were interested in him.... as i would guess there will be a fair few 15 goals in 26 in league 2 will have a lot of interest

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Played 25 league games for Accrington that season. Regardless of the reasons he didn’t play much in the years prior as I posted. He was a risky signing at the time in my opinion with the personal issues and I don’t think it’s paid off. 

He was also out for them for a month or so last season. (Injured)

Fair enough if you have an agenda against him. The personal issues were linked to a death in his family. The other seasons he was playing under 23 football when not with us, not out injured.  

• Like 1