onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Squad for next season

Valiiant

Who are the 4 clubs coming up? Didn't think league 2 had been decided yet. 

Orient maybe but have to factor in cost of London living also.

Northampton probably similar to us, Stevenage won’t outbid us, Carlisle won’t, Stockport and Salford may however.

Just depends on the four as you say.

Advert

Have a feeling Taylor will be with us next season, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s already been done as he’s a free agent in May and can agree a deal elsewhere now.

I think the chance to play with DC and Ellis again. Do think it may be at the cost of losing Wilson though I.e to find his wages.

On 27/03/2023 at 21:49, Vale 1971 said:

I do not hate him where have I said I did .
Read the Post it says he might want a new challenge he might not .
I'd be quite happy if he stayed
Yeah bye whoever you are .
Lol

At it again tonight and you did not go!!

I think all of the loans will be gone and we won’t be keeping any of those. I can’t honestly say that any of them have been a  success. 

Of the permanent players I think we either won’t be renewing or will be trying to offload:

robinson

benning

conlon

proctor

stone

Derek

massey

Holden

cass

I also think that it will be touch and go whether Worrall and smith don’t decide to move on to pastures new either. 

56 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think all of the loans will be gone and we won’t be keeping any of those. I can’t honestly say that any of them have been a  success. 

Of the permanent players I think we either won’t be renewing or will be trying to offload:

robinson

benning

conlon

proctor

stone

Derek

massey

Holden

cass

I also think that it will be touch and go whether Worrall and smith don’t decide to move on to pastures new either. 

I agree completely with your choices except Cass. 

One other thing which I posted on the match thread. What's the point of in August having a naive fledgling McDermott back in the fold with 2 games L1 experience. Get him back now and give him game time and minutes. Realistically despite our dreadful form I'd say we are safe barring massive turnaround at Accrington. Bottom 3 need Snookers . 

So let's get the lad back and at least some minutes in his legs. Don't know much about Plant but again bring him into the fold. Sorry Salisbury but they are our players .

54 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I agree completely with your choices except Cass. 

One other thing which I posted on the match thread. What's the point of in August having a naive fledgling McDermott back in the fold with 2 games L1 experience. Get him back now and give him game time and minutes. Realistically despite our dreadful form I'd say we are safe barring massive turnaround at Accrington. Bottom 3 need Snookers . 

So let's get the lad back and at least some minutes in his legs. Don't know much about Plant but again bring him into the fold. Sorry Salisbury but they are our players .

Cass was the last one I added because I went back and forth over him. But Clarkes comments made me think he was one of the players he was referring to when he spoke about players not making the step up this season. 

Totally agree on the young lads, at least we should see some pride and desire in them when they pull the shirt on. 

6 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Cass was the last one I added because I went back and forth over him. But Clarkes comments made me think he was one of the players he was referring to when he spoke about players not making the step up this season. 

Totally agree on the young lads, at least we should see some pride and desire in them when they pull the shirt on. 

I thought Cass was starting to adjust and playing really well before his injury. For me he should stay but the rest you mention I agree.

The only player I be disappointed to loose is Smudge. As good as Woz has been for us over the years he should be a backup player next season, fully expect him to leave.

2 hours ago, MBE said:

I thought Cass was starting to adjust and playing really well before his injury. For me he should stay but the rest you mention I agree.

The only player I be disappointed to loose is Smudge. As good as Woz has been for us over the years he should be a backup player next season, fully expect him to leave.

You could be right about Cass, and in our formation his only position IMO is a right centre half,  which makes him valuable as he knows how Clarke wants him to play. Next season, if he stays, is probably make or break for him though. 

I think regarding smudge that the time is approaching when if he is going to move then it’s now. Is is 28 or 27? He’s had another steady season in a higher league and is reliable. Someone coming up from league two and or even a high payer like say a Salford, Stockport or Wrexham wouldn’t do too wrong to take a look at him. 

On 27/03/2023 at 19:22, andy jones said:

I expect the 4 clubs coming up from league 2 will have the funding to outbid us in the Summer.

At least until we stop having to pay 6 figure budgets on infrastructure, and / or start pulling in average crowds of at least 9k

Like who ?

35 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Like who ?

There'd be two Stockport and Bradford. Salford might scrape play offs so they are cash rich as we know.

Northampton Stevenage Carlisle Mansfield are all similar size or smaller to us and not great appeal .

Orient have the pull of London but I doubt they'd attract anyone we can't. 

Until the 4 are known it's irrelevant anyway. 

Archived