onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ST sales increase.

melv

Advert

No extension of the deadline.

I just called to renew my Railway season ticket and despite it being only half-a-day into the month of May, I was told I can't get one at April's price.

As I only get to about 12 home games due to work commitments, I shan't bother getting one. It was only really a purchase as a gesture of support, but it's now a too-dear gesture.

As a consequence, I'll probably get to less home games and pay on the gate.

It's hard to imagine why a degree of flexibility couldn't prevail, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

A deadline is a deadline - why didn't you just ring yesterday......DoH

No extension of the deadline.

I just called to renew my Railway season ticket and despite it being only half-a-day into the month of May, I was told I can't get one at April's price.

As I only get to about 12 home games due to work commitments, I shan't bother getting one. It was only really a purchase as a gesture of support, but it's now a too-dear gesture.

As a consequence, I'll probably get to less home games and pay on the gate.

It's hard to imagine why a degree of flexibility couldn't prevail, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

There's already a growing expectancy amongst the fans year on year for the deadline to be extended. There's no point in having deadlines if they aren't going to be adhered. The whole point of an early bird price is to improve cash flow and to reward the early birds.

It would defeat the object to extend the deadline! When the club was ran like a circus (under V2001) they kept extending the deadline and it stunk of desperation. I'm yet to buy mine (though I will do) and I'm actually pleased they haven't extended the deadline as it shows the club is being ran more professionally. Long may it continue!

There's already a growing expectancy amongst the fans year on year for the deadline to be extended. There's no point in having deadlines if they aren't going to be adhered. The whole point of an early bird price is to improve cash flow and to reward the early birds.

It would defeat the object to extend the deadline! When the club was ran like a circus (under V2001) they kept extending the deadline and it stunk of desperation. I'm yet to buy mine (though I will do) and I'm actually pleased they haven't extended the deadline as it shows the club is being ran more professionally. Long may it continue!

The problem for fans is that the deadline is at short notice , particularly for those with limited financial resources. The problem for the club is that is that if they havent got one at the cheapest price, they may not bother, particularly if they cant make every game. Once you havent got a ST then the incentive to go reduces and some may just say sod it on a matchday. A successful business listens to its customers.

Given the tremendous response (yet again!) from supporters, it is time for those behind the scences at the club(Mr Ryder, Micky Adams, players and coaches at the club) to start delivering once the season ends.

It will start with Adams and his retained list. It concerns me at times regarding his loyalty to a squad that frankly isn't good enough. Most supporters recognise this and would look to (and expect) Adams to let many go. Adams then has to make the right quality player choices that so often have been lacking in recent seasons because ultimately that makes all the difference.

It will then be down to Keith Ryder to step up to the plate and provide funds to deliver a quality product on the pitch. This would include offering "competitive" contracts for those who Adams wants to keep and then to offer him the budget needed to get the right quality of player to join us and make us a promotion contender in League 2. Ryder intimated he would increase our player budget at his meet the fans meeting so that is encouraging. It will not be easy though to get players to not only remain but to get the right calibre of new signing because of the present situation. We need him to become the new owner ASAP so Micky can move forward quickly and deliver on the pitch otherwise top 7 will be out of the question for next season never mind the top 3.

Then it will be up to the new squad of players to give 100%, deliver on the pitch and have the confidence to believe they are the best side in League 2. The coaches who ever they are must start delivering improvement in players mentally as well as physically because the mental approach of our players has often been the element that has sadly been lacking (particularly in home games) in the past few seasons.

Time and time again supporters are being asked to keep going to matches when really the product on the pitch is not delivering what the supporters are paying for. It is time for Port Vale to deliver in 2012-13 because if owners, management and players don't, they might find our faith has been lost and so will our support match after match in the following seasons.

It will soon be time to deliver actions not words at Port Vale.

If the deadline were to be extended for another month the early bird offer next April would not have the same incentive as this year because fans would wait until May next year.

The only draw back is that there will not be many s/t's sold in May this year.

It might be a good idea to offer a reduction on today's prices of £10/15 up until 20th May.

Price a game for Adult goes up from £11.83 to £13.65, and miss 5 games price goes up from £16.00 to £18.47. Maybe some will wait to see if the on the day prices are dropped, but they may not know until the end of June, after a further increase.

In a case like yours m8 i would have took the money if i was Vale every penny counts FOOLS.

As already stated, a deadline is laughable if it isn't kept at least sometimes, so I would say that the change of regime are cultivating honesty and openness - they mean what they say,

However, perhaps they could see how sales go and if they need a boost by the end of May, have a special weekend and also an open day where ST prices are reduced by £10 or £20 just for those who come on that day.

Another idea might be to have a period where Season Tickets sold at the May higher price get a £5 or £10 club shop voucher if purchased before the end of May - still more than April so there was an incentive for the 2600 who have bought, but a little sweetener for those thinking of buying.

Finally, I think I read they are looking at part-season tickets, and a book of 10 games for £160 for example might well prove very tempting for some.

Given the tremendous response (yet again!) from supporters, it is time for those behind the scences at the club(Mr Ryder, Micky Adams, players and coaches at the club) to start delivering once the season ends.

It will start with Adams and his retained list. It concerns me at times regarding his loyalty to a squad that frankly isn't good enough. Most supporters recognise this and would look to (and expect) Adams to let many go. Adams then has to make the right quality player choices that so often have been lacking in recent seasons because ultimately that makes all the difference.

It will then be down to Keith Ryder to step up to the plate and provide funds to deliver a quality product on the pitch. This would include offering "competitive" contracts for those who Adams wants to keep and then to offer him the budget needed to get the right quality of player to join us and make us a promotion contender in League 2. Ryder intimated he would increase our player budget at his meet the fans meeting so that is encouraging. It will not be easy though to get players to not only remain but to get the right calibre of new signing because of the present situation. We need him to become the new owner ASAP so Micky can move forward quickly and deliver on the pitch otherwise top 7 will be out of the question for next season never mind the top 3.

Then it will be up to the new squad of players to give 100%, deliver on the pitch and have the confidence to believe they are the best side in League 2. The coaches who ever they are must start delivering improvement in players mentally as well as physically because the mental approach of our players has often been the element that has sadly been lacking (particularly in home games) in the past few seasons.

Time and time again supporters are being asked to keep going to matches when really the product on the pitch is not delivering what the supporters are paying for. It is time for Port Vale to deliver in 2012-13 because if owners, management and players don't, they might find our faith has been lost and so will our support match after match in the following seasons.

It will soon be time to deliver actions not words at Port Vale.

Bang on mate. The suporters have donated thousands over recent months to keep them all going with food, travel, accommodation etc. Time the burden stopped being put on fans and the team started to repay that loyalty and generosity...:yes::yes:

The problem for fans is that the deadline is at short notice , particularly for those with limited financial resources. The problem for the club is that is that if they havent got one at the cheapest price, they may not bother, particularly if they cant make every game. Once you havent got a ST then the incentive to go reduces and some may just say sod it on a matchday. A successful business listens to its customers.

It's the same time every year!

It's the same time every year!

Do you not think it sensible to at least wait five days until the last game of the season so people don't have to make that special trip to VP? That's not a moan, that to me is pure common sense.

The new owner probably will when its official he is the new boss, until then not much can be done as the administrators arnt going to budge.

for a number of reasons I guess, but not the deadline.

Possible reasons

SEO found other things to do on a Saturday

Terrible season on and off the field

Recession

Personally I think 2500 (nearer 2600 actually) is a brilliant figure so far. If we are to sell more then people will have to pay that bit more won't they.

Archived