onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

lorne st stand.

Advert

Regarding Peterborough, the Moyes End away supporters' terrace was used for the final time on 21st April. It was £20 admission to that part of the ground, with the seat price in the Main Stand at £25. The opposite end of London Road remains as terracing for now, although should Posh retain their Division Two status then this will inevitably be not long for this earth.

when ryder takes over at pv lets hope there is a concerted effort made to finish lorne street. a cheap option could be to make the unfinished half a standing area. in the championship peterborough have the visitors end as a terraced area so it can be done and a few quid cheaper to get in.

Don't think that they can do that - the terracing is too steep for standing - health & safety. If we have the seats I would fix them so it at least looks better.

when ryder takes over at pv lets hope there is a concerted effort made to finish lorne street. a cheap option could be to make the unfinished half a standing area. in the championship peterborough have the visitors end as a terraced area so it can be done and a few quid cheaper to get in.

The concrete area of the unfinished half of the Lorne Street Stand cannot be used for standing as the angle and rake are different for standing than seating.

The current setup of the stand is for seating therefore it can never be used as a standing area, hence why it has remained like it has for 10 years or more.

I've stood many times in a seated area, what would be the problem with allocating a seated area for standing if you know what I mean? Everyone would have their own space for safety but allowed to stand like most do at the Bycars end of the Paddock during the second half.

Don't think that they can do that - the terracing is too steep for standing - health & safety. If we have the seats I would fix them so it at least looks better.

I think with the German standing/sitting system each space/seat has a handrail to cope with the H&S issue.

I think with the German standing/sitting system each space/seat has a handrail to cope with the H&S issue.

I was just going to write the same thing, the German mixed seating and standing model means that the same rake can be used, so if we could get standing back that part of the lorne street could still be used as terrace.

safestanding.png

safe%20standing2.JPG

I was just going to write the same thing, the German mixed seating and standing model means that the same rake can be used, so if we could get standing back that part of the lorne street could still be used as terrace.

safestanding.png

safe%20standing2.JPG

Thanks for the pics, could not remember where they were. Must be more expensive than ordinary seats, but no doubt worth while at the likes of Dortmund. Whether English rules will ever allow it when the cheaper version with ordinary seats and turning a blind eye is cheaper. Do not the handrails obstruct the view during all-seater games?

Archived