onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

legends bar

kidcrew valeite

Advert

The Legends Bar that Keith had in mind would not be open to the general public as such but the expensive options of dining and wining prior to games with a view to the pitch maybe from the room.

Think this was touted about even by the previous regime!

Personally I would like to see us get far greater use out of the existing facilities we have before looking at expanding, unless of course money is no problem!

That's not the impression I got. He said he would listen to what the fans wanted..... If they want a bar that is open to all and sells pie and mash so be it, if a fine dining option is preferred then he will choose that.

From that I didn't understand it to be an exclusive option.

The main thing is to make the best use of the facilities/assets to meet demand. At present dining etc facilities maybe adequate, but perhaps the RW suite could be brought into use as a lounge bar on match days together with the balcony seating to cater for parties and visiting fans willing to pay a premium price? Likewise with the Hamil end of Lorne Street could be used as a family area. But first get the basic day pricing and team on the pitch right to increase the gates.

Give over. The two things are not mutually exclusive. He's already said that he'll increase the playing budget. He needs to build the club infrastructure off the pitch as well. If he can spend money putting an extra revenue stream in place that will fund future on the pitch investment i'm all for it.

I'm sick of hearing all this 'we need to invest in the team before anything else' rubbish. I think it's blatently obvious that we do. But to pile it all in there instead of investing in the off-the pitch activities is missing the point completely. People have been moaning for years about the club being unprofessional and not well run. If we can build a strong club behind the scenes, then we'll have a stronger club in the future, and not having to turn to a wealthy benefactor to dip his hand in his pocket.

Give over. The two things are not mutually exclusive. He's already said that he'll increase the playing budget. He needs to build the club infrastructure off the pitch as well. If he can spend money putting an extra revenue stream in place that will fund future on the pitch investment i'm all for it.

I'm sick of hearing all this 'we need to invest in the team before anything else' rubbish. I think it's blatently obvious that we do. But to pile it all in there instead of investing in the off-the pitch activities is missing the point completely. People have been moaning for years about the club being unprofessional and not well run. If we can build a strong club behind the scenes, then we'll have a stronger club in the future, and not having to turn to a wealthy benefactor to dip his hand in his pocket.

I agree 100%:yes:As a fan since 1958 and sick of Vale Park NEVER been competed!We may have the chance now to get the job done and also revamp ALL the Public Relations side, which include shop,corporate income and RW suite.Hopefully the catering will improve too:rolleyes:

I've seen the hospitality that United do and the number of themed bars they have (1999 suite, the Academy, etc). My work has season tickets and occasionally, when nobody can be bothered (eg Palace at home in the Carling Cup), they let people like me go and watch a game.

I'd consider revamping the lower tier of boxes. Do a lot of the box-holders actually need the box itself, if they spend all match sat on the balcony watching the game? Would they be happy with a good 'business class' seat with access to the bars and all the hospitality around it?

Good post.

If we're a well oiled machine off the pitch, the rest will follow.

I've seen the hospitality that United do and the number of themed bars they have (1999 suite, the Academy, etc). My work has season tickets and occasionally, when nobody can be bothered (eg Palace at home in the Carling Cup), they let people like me go and watch a game.

I'd consider revamping the lower tier of boxes. Do a lot of the box-holders actually need the box itself, if they spend all match sat on the balcony watching the game? Would they be happy with a good 'business class' seat with access to the bars and all the hospitality around it?

Good idea Santa

Id imagine if we could get access to an area thats served drinks and afforded a view of the game as well at the same time it would be considered. Whic ground has a similar offering with a load of seats on a balcony with access to the bar & lounge behind...........was one i went recently but cant remember

I worked at Vale Park last week and "catering" was provided.

They were the rankest, stingiest, poxiest sandwiches I've ever seen!

The food looked like something knocked up in someone's kitchen at the last moment using the cheapest bread, spread and fillings available.

Whoever does the catering needs kicking out pronto. It was very poor indeed - and I was just eating it! Thank God I wasn't paying the bill.

At United you would be sat in the bar before the game and somebody would come round taking drinks orders for half time. They would be there at your table when you came back to the bar after the first half without having to queue.

It eases congestion at the bar at half time and keeps bar staff busy instead of doing nothing for 45 minutes before being ridiculously busy.

Just an example that goes to show that it doesn't always take much to really add value and create customer goodwill.

Archived