onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

new kit suppliers?

Every Vandanel home shirt I've got is made out of exactly the same dull white fabric.

Even a brand like Carbrini, as chavvy as they are, would be an improvement.

I agree with the comments about the training gear. I wouldn't mind doing what Macc do and get Adidas teamwear.

Wouldnt be buying any Carbrini items, not a chance:ninja:

Advert

Went into the club shop the other day and it was awful. There just seems to be no choice whatsoever. The stuff that they do have in there, merchandise, mugs, training tops are just rubbish. I really wanted to buy something but i found myself walking out empty handed.

I have recently begrudgingly went into the Derby County shop with my father in law and their shop is in a different class. Surely there are plenty of club shops in the local area to model this on. It surely can't be too hard. We need a complete overhaul of this department with decent suppliers starting with the kit. I remember when we changed the patterns on the scarves and hats each year. The ones in the shop now haven't changed in years. Forget the supporters starving the club the board have done this for years.

I just can't understand Valiant 2001 or Deakin for not realising immediately that massive change was needed and there is a potential gold mine if the right products are sourced for supporters.

Surely a decent kit perhaps even chosen by supporters would sell better and make more money than the current strip. Who chose the colour of the current away kit? I would love to know how many we actually sold. What on earth were they thinking with an awful colour and collar. Why not let the supporters club have some input in this to ensure that the kit is popular with supporters.

I have said that vandanel is 'tat' for years, appalling quality and has lost the club money regardless of margins.

I haven't bought one for 2 years nor my daughter and missus, I know of many who won't buy because of quality issues.

I reckon there must be a good deal to be had on Umbro, would love an Adidas kit and leisure wear range. There may be less margin but an overall increase in sales of both kit and leisure wear would happen for sure.

LB or MO if you red this thread please take note

Stoke's first Adidas kit came off the shelves originally, Adidas withdrew it from general sale, they now have more bespoke designs.

There must be many smaller quality suppliers who'd jump at the opportunity of a Vale contract

We just need better quality gear, allied to an uplift in all sales & marketing activity.

Lets hope....

A kit deal with a 'big' company would be a quick and easy way for any new owner to get some cash into the club even before the summer, especially if they can get the new kit out right at the end of the current season. Even if the kit wasn't ready I'm sure it would be easy to get Adidas polos, tracksuits, sweatshirts etc.. embroidered up quickly with the Vale badge.

Lets hope the new owners get this right because this is an area where Vale have historically messed up and missed out.

Someone like Hummel always seem to do decent kits. The Denmark kits of the 80's were class but more recently the likes of Barnet and Dundee Utd were always decent too.

Actually I just thought about Hummel myself today... Not because they are Danish, but because they are going down a more retro route lately... And they have made some pretty damn cool kits for the last few seasons! A bit more 'rough' in their expression, but always seem to fit the club and their image very nicely!

Archived