onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How will you choose?

ValeBabe1985

So far we know of 2 interested parties and Mo will also be throwing his hat in. A lot of people are pro-Mo with the exclusion of all else, while many are prepared to wait and see who puts bids in.

What I want to know is, what will help you choose who your preferred bidder is?

We've all seen Mo's plans from last time and are basing support on this. Do we want similar business plans from all bidders so we can compare and contrast? What are you hoping each bidder will provide in terms of info to the fans? What will change your mind from one bidder to another?

Advert

So far we know of 2 interested parties and Mo will also be throwing his hat in. A lot of people are pro-Mo with the exclusion of all else, while many are prepared to wait and see who puts bids in.

We've all seen Mo's plans from last time and are basing support on this. Do we want similar business plans from all bidders so we can compare and contrast? What are you hoping each bidder will provide in terms of info to the fans? What will change your mind from one bidder to another?

We don`t get to chose,but we are paying a lot of money to these accountants to do that for us. Let them make the decision and whoever it is, we must get behind them. I`m not convinced by Mo but will support the club if he was in charge.

We cannot afford to come out of this without a CVA as yet more points will be lost and relegation beckons to oblivion.

I want, above all else, stability and strong leadership.

I don't want the club to be in this position again.

I don't think any of us can compare bids, we can have our preference for any number of reasons, but we don't know enough about all parties and there financial backgrounds to make comparisons. Our trust now is placed in the hands of the administrator(s).

I like Mo and think him and LB will put together a well run club. But the pipe people seem to run a very successful (all be it none leisure). So for me it will come down to motives and of course cash flow.

Mo as said he wants to devote the next part of his life to bringing the good times back to Vale park and leave a lasting legacy to the area. Based on his previous bid he wishes to invest 5million over the next 5 years, with a aim to get us in the championship.

At the moment we do not know ipp's motives or cash flow but just to say its similar to Mo's. i would still prefer Mo over them as i believe Mo as the contacts and vision to make it work. But if IPP's Plan involves buying success then i would want to know long term plans.

Its early days yet . I would be surprised if there is not 10 interested parties and this will be whittled down to 3 . With then Mr Young and co accessing all factors doing due dillegence on the serious parties and making a sensible decision for the benefit of PVFC. This may be IPP it could be MO equally it could be Mr x...................Its a bit like a mini Grand national plenty of runners some falling at the first fence but hopefully an outright winner who we can cheer NOW and in MANY years to come. Good times are round the corner keep the faith :yes:

I like Mo and think him and LB will put together a well run club. But the pipe people seem to run a very successful (all be it none leisure). So for me it will come down to motives and of course cash flow.

Mo as said he wants to devote the next part of his life to bringing the good times back to Vale park and leave a lasting legacy to the area. Based on his previous bid he wishes to invest 5million over the next 5 years, with a aim to get us in the championship.

At the moment we do not know ipp's motives or cash flow but just to say its similar to Mo's. i would still prefer Mo over them as i believe Mo as the contacts and vision to make it work. But if IPP's Plan involves buying success then i would want to know long term plans.

we all seem to be forgetting as well...MO WANTS TO DEDICATE THE NEXT YEARS OF HIS LIFE TO THE CLUB! How many of the other potential buyers will have the sound business plan that he has and will state that they want to put their heart into the club and leave a LEGACY! Easy decision for me!

1) The club run in a fiscally sound, prudent and sensible manner, someone in it for the long term. If loans are taken out against PVFC then they should be at or below market rates.

2) Improve off the field revenue to enable the club to become as self financing as possible.

3) Develop a higher profile academy and aim to develop our own talent, especially, but not restricted to, local players.

4) Improve community relations.

What would be disastrous is the "Helicopter management approach", come in create a big storm then f*** off.

what i would hope the winning bid will help provide is as follows.

sufficient money to buy the club without it being a loan (own cash).

sufficient funds (own money) to stabilise the club financially .

sufficient funds to help micky or a n other manager to strengthen the squad enough to give us a viable chance of success next season.

enough business knowledge to make pvfc work as a business and enable it to become a working success financially by growing our clubs business portfolio eg a port vale restaurant open 7 days a week ?

within the business , professional people to be employed to help drive the success (eg.LB) not just in football related areas but off the pitch too e.g marketing etc.

a plan or vision (5 year plan ) of expectation for our clubs future.

a proclamation of intent to try and win back some of our dormant and lost support and a willingness to bring new support to the club .

forging links with local business to mutually benefit both the club , supplier and local population .

whilst i do not want our club looked upon as a (youth club) type community facility i do want us to feel proud again of our club and see our name plastered across the city in as many ways as possible . if this means bringing people to vale park through community programmes then so be it . so long as this is not the single focus of the club (as previously seen).

an open opportunity by the new owners to listen to the fans views and opinions and take on board some of their ideas . happy fans = successful club imo and vice versa :yes:.

Archived