onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who would make an ideal replacement for Adams IF he went?

Richard...

Ronnie Moore, with my realistic hat on and looking for a reasonably successful lower league manager. He was sacked at League 1 Tranmere after they finshed a place or two outside the playoffs and sacked at Rotherham (second time he had been there) when they lay 4th in League 2.

And hes taken back over at League One Tranmere!

Advert

I haven't listened to Micky's interview but if he is annoyed at being asked to take a pay cut and is he considering his future then so be it. The bottom line is no one is bigger than the club and i will help him pack if he wants. I m not saying he has done a bad job but he hasn't achieved what he promised either.

His wages must be higher than most League 2 managers and he also had the pay off from Sheffield United last year so he can't be too bad off financially. I can understand that the argument that he might have bills to pay but with the amount he has made over the past year he should have some rainy day money at least. He is in the 'crazy football managerial world' where being sacked at any time is the norm.

Yes, he should be paid but unfortunately we are where we are now thanks to clueless idiots who have been running the show. However for the long term good of the club some sacrifices are going to have to be made. If he really does feel for the club then surely Adams will make some sacrifices as well.

The last time we went into admin Brian Horton was our manager and he took a pay cut. Brian however was an ex player who came back to our club decades later to try and take us forward, plus he was in a position of trying to replace Sir John of Rudge.

My point is this, Adams has been a manager at bigger clubs than Port Vale. He has had some success but has failed at others, however managers who are sacked (Adams included) always reach a compromise on their contracts.

If Adams can't or wont take a pay cut in his wages for the next month or so until a buyer comes in or he won't dip into his pay-off from last season from Sheffield United (a "bonus for failure" I might add) then maybe hes not the right man to take our club forward.

I wonder how much Neil Aspin or Ian Bogie have made from being a manager of their clubs compared to what Adams has made? I bet both would relish the opportunity to prove themselves at the level Adams is managing, regardless of the wage.

Micky, i have supported you throughout even when you left us and ruined certain promotion for us. If the reports are correct then I cannot/wii not support you. We have had better managers than you in the past earning less than you're on now and I'm sure we will get better managers than you in the future who will, "pay wise and reputation wise"" care more about Port Vale than you do!

Empty your desk and collect any change that may have dropped on the floor in your office........................... and close the door quietly when you leave.:opps:

The last time we went into admin Brian Horton was our manager and he took a pay cut. Brian however was an ex player who came back to our club decades later to try and take us forward, plus he was in a position of trying to replace Sir John of Rudge.

My point is this, Adams has been a manager at bigger clubs than Port Vale. He has had some success but has failed at others, however managers who are sacked (Adams included) always reach a compromise on their contracts.

If Adams can't or wont take a pay cut in his wages for the next month or so until a buyer comes in or he won't dip into his pay-off from last season from Sheffield United (a "bonus for failure" I might add) then maybe hes not the right man to take our club forward.

I wonder how much Neil Aspin or Ian Bogie have made from being a manager of their clubs compared to what Adams has made? I bet both would relish the opportunity to prove themselves at the level Adams is managing, regardless of the wage.

Micky, i have supported you throughout even when you left us and ruined certain promotion for us. If the reports are correct then I cannot/wii not support you. We have had better managers than you in the past earning less than you're on now and I'm sure we will get better managers than you in the future who will, "pay wise and reputation wise"" care more about Port Vale than you do!

Empty your desk and collect any change that may have dropped on the floor in your office........................... and close the door quietly when you leave.:opps:

What a well considered post, raising many very good points. I had been thinking what to write for some hours but then discover someone has summed up my thoughts!

Club first, ego's and pockets somewhere well down the list!

The rights and wrongs of this don't matter at this moment in time. One thing is for sure - this set of players will only ever get results for one manager.

It wasn't just Jim Gannon who they wouldn't (coundn't ?) perform for, but when he went and there were great player celebrations (so we were told) they were awful for Grew and the Horse, and this can't all be put down to poor management.

If this ends in us having a new manager, it has to be done in the summer, and a new set of players come in with him. I don't want Adams to leave, and if he does now I truly fear that we may only get another 5-10 points in the rest of the season.

Archived