onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

IMO Teams should be relegated if they go into admin

Volcano

Teams like Macclesfield and Hereford, own their own ground, no debts and every year they are fighting to retain their football league status.

Meanwhile other clubs will; build up debts, pay transfer fees, pay players far too much. Just to have a chance at being successful because of the pressure of their fans.

It's just not fair!!!

This is why, I think teams should be relegated for going into administration. 10 point deduction is not enough. There needs to be a bigger punishment for going into admin.

Advert

Meanwhile other clubs will; build up debts, pay transfer fees, pay players far too much. Just to have a chance at being successful because of the pressure of their fans.

Yep. We've really been chasing the dream in League Two, haven't we.

We've paid two transfer fees in nine years and I don't think we've over stretched things on player wages.

I have the opinion that it should be the individuals concerned that financially ruin clubs that should be brought to justice, I'm sure they'd think twice if that were the case. Points should be won and lost on a football field not because on an inept boardroom!

We have been the victims of a band of pirates who have been raping and pillaging this club for all it is worth.

I agree that "financial doping" in the case of the Chelsea's and Man City's of this world is damaging the game as they rack up debt only for it to be serviced by some billionaire who dodges tax in this country anyway.

In our case the players worked hard to get into playoff contention only to see it scuppered by poor bookkeeping and a reliance on money that never existed. If they got relegated the fans would not only be stuffed, but all the local businesses and players who do not deserve such a fate on their CV's.

Teams like Macclesfield and Hereford, own their own ground, no debts and every year they are fighting to retain their football league status.

It's just not fair!!!

This is why, I think teams should be relegated for going into administration. 10 point deduction is not enough. There needs to be a bigger punishment for going into admin.

Aren't Macclesfield propped up by some foreign businessman? Lets be honest it's not their fanbase that keeps them going.

Harsher punishments for administration fair enough but until the Football League actually have a robust "fit and proper person test" it's not going to be a deterrent. Do you think Miller, Deakin, Lloyd etc give a flying **** if we're relegated or not? People like them just walk away and let the innocent victims in this pick up the pieces.

I think you are right if they've over paid players and bought players to succeed on the pitch and win honours like Pompey did however teams that have dreadful owners for a period of time (ie. 9 years in the case of v2001) and have simply bled the club dry whilst operating within the 60% turnover / playing budget that's bliddy harsh.

Either way the authorities and HMRC should really tighten down on debts being allowed to build and certainly the FA should bam failed Directors from working in the industry again in the future if negligence can be proven.

It's just not fair!!!

Its not like Vale have been living beyond their means though is it..

[quote=Volcano

This is why, I think teams should be relegated for going into administration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong. It just needs the directors being castigated!

[quote name=Volcano

This is why, I think teams should be relegated for going into administration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong. It just needs the directors being castigated![/quote]

Castigated, I would chop all there bits off. I think the penalty is hard enough. Poor money management, without honesty has caused all of this.

It's just not fair!!!

cheers for that you little ray of sunshine you.

Archived