onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Stokes named England Captain

boslemportvale91

Duckworth Lewis is garbage it cost south Africa a win the other day and I'm pretty sure with the way Ali was batting and the batting depth in England's team that we would have got there score if it had been a 20 over game.

England have a habit of losing to these lower nations lost to Ireland twice, Scotland and Netherlands in the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Advert

That was a superb performance by England. Most of the praise will go to buttler and Hales for hitting the runs but my praise goes to Jordan who come in for the injured wood and took 3 wickets. 

Some good news for people who don't have sky, the final is going be shown on channel 4 Sunday morning don't know the exact time though.

7 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

That was a superb performance by England. Most of the praise will go to buttler and Hales for hitting the runs but my praise goes to Jordan who come in for the injured wood and took 3 wickets. 

Some good news for people who don't have sky, the final is going be shown on channel 4 Sunday morning don't know the exact time though.

Happy days. Always felt like T20 cricket and the ashes belonged to normal telly to be honest. Mainly because I'm sick of sky sports and BT sports taking everything and hogging the prices up 

Regarding the result absolutely fantastic by england. Bring on the final ! 

Stokes may not statistically be an English great but he will always be remembered for these kind of special innings. Apparently that was his first 50 in a 2020 match which shows his record isn't really that good in this format but he steps up for the big games. 

Curran has had an excellent tournament and has surprised me to be honest. I thought he was one of them good county players who couldn't do it on the international stage but he has had a superb tournament and hopefully he gets given more games for England now. 

England have actually done well to win this tournament with the players they had out through injury. Archer,stone,gleesan,Roy, bairstow injured and wood and malan missed the last 2 games so shows we have some good depth in the shorter format of the game 

12 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Stokes may not statistically be an English great but he will always be remembered for these kind of special innings. Apparently that was his first 50 in a 2020 match which shows his record isn't really that good in this format but he steps up for the big games. 

Curran has had an excellent tournament and has surprised me to be honest. I thought he was one of them good county players who couldn't do it on the international stage but he has had a superb tournament and hopefully he gets given more games for England now. 

England have actually done well to win this tournament with the players they had out through injury. Archer,stone,gleesan,Roy, bairstow injured and wood and malan missed the last 2 games so shows we have some good depth in the shorter format of the game 

Stepped up brilliantly as well after losing to Ireland early on.

England got 3 oneday internationals against Australia just 4 days after winning this tournament. I hope we are resting the players that won the 2020 tournament as they deserve the rest and probably have been out celebrating it having a few beers ect. I haven't seen the squad that's been selected but hopefully a few new faces are in there.

22 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

England got 3 oneday internationals against Australia just 4 days after winning this tournament. 

You'd think they would have given them a bit of a rest wouldn't you? T20 final was good, comfortable in the end but the game certainly ebbed and flowed. The Rash's wicket maiden and Moeen's three fours turning points. Very well measured innings from Stokes.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Absolutely ridiculous batting from England. Over 500 in a day and at just under 7 an over. Completely changed the mindset in Test cricket under McCullum and Stokes. All four hundreds were great in their own right but particularly loved the one from Harry Brook, moved through the gears brilliantly.

Great achievement,especially considering the sickness in the camp.

Good see Crawley get a 100 after they kept sticking with him after making lots of low scores. I saw something earlier where Crawley averages over 100 against Pakistan but just 21 against the other nations. To get 500 in 75 overs is superb if they had bowled the full days 90 overs then England would have made over 600 runs.

Archived