Advert:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the tragic death of Lee I've set up a just giving page to try and raise £1000 for his family from the Port Vale family.  It has really hit me for personal reasons as well. Won't bring Lee b

Overwhelmed by the response. The target virtually reached already. Don't know how these things work but it's not even been going a day yet.  Perhaps say someone like Mike Baguley could tweet

Hit me hard and as I said won't bring him back but once the fundraising over can liaise with people who can decide the best thing to do.  It's already raised a good amount  and thank you for your

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Thanks for organising this, Darren.

Hit me hard and as I said won't bring him back but once the fundraising over can liaise with people who can decide the best thing to do. 

It's already raised a good amount  and thank you for your donation too . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Very emotional wish was there .

The page is going great including many of you guys.

I don't do social media so if anyone wants to put the link on Facebook or Twitter it would be great. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

After the tragic death of Lee I've set up a just giving page to try and raise £1000 for his family from the Port Vale family. 

It has really hit me for personal reasons as well. Won't bring Lee back, no money in the world can replace a husband, father and son .

It's difficult times for us all but even a pound is brilliant. If you don't mind spreading the word to your Vale friends and I can either liaise with Rob on here or contact Carol to see about getting the money to Lee's wife and children. 

Rest in peace Lee and the picture on the just giving page reminds me of a brilliant day.

100% wholehearted player for us and 32 is absolutely tragic . 

Thanks 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/darren-gregory-1?utm_term=4RMGzpv8m

well done for setting this up, Darren! Could I suggest we just keep this page running, indefinitely so that, anytime we have some spare cash we can push some this way to help towards the next sad loss? We have lost a few over the last couple of years - I'm sure their families would have appreciated this, too?

Advert:

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

well done for setting this up, Darren! Could I suggest we just keep this page running, indefinitely so that, anytime we have some spare cash we can push some this way to help towards the next sad loss? We have lost a few over the last couple of years - I'm sure their families would have appreciated this, too?

Yes open to any suggestions. Reason I've done it is because it's resonates with me rather than someone passing away through a lengthy illness which in its own right is equally as sad and awful. 

Apparently Martin Tideswell might be getting in touch. 

Maybe a memorial player of the season award or Mental health charity, I'll leave that decision to others. 

The more people tell others the more we can help.

I just did it as I felt an emotional tug after losing a friend a few years back. Lee Collins was a player who gave his all always and never had anything other than a good reception every time he played for the opposing side .

It's so sad whether it's Johnny Jeffers , super fan Charlie or Lee , purely because of the sudden circumstances I felt I'd like to do something positive. 

Let's face it I do enough moaning, nice to do something good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You've done a good thing, Darren, for whatever reason! And we all have a moan at some time. But, when something like this happens, I'm pleased to say we do try to get it right! I think there's lots of things we fans can do, if we get our heads together? Well done!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

After the tragic death of Lee I've set up a just giving page to try and raise £1000 for his family from the Port Vale family. 

It has really hit me for personal reasons as well. Won't bring Lee back, no money in the world can replace a husband, father and son .

It's difficult times for us all but even a pound is brilliant. If you don't mind spreading the word to your Vale friends and I can either liaise with Rob on here or contact Carol to see about getting the money to Lee's wife and children. 

Rest in peace Lee and the picture on the just giving page reminds me of a brilliant day.

Thanks 

@darren1810 Thanks. I've only just noticed this but I will put this on the front of OVF too. Articles on there get posted onto NewsNow and Google News so it will get a bit more exposure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Advert:

10 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Thanks 

I've shared this on Twitter & got Unofficial Vale & Ale & The Vale Pod to retweet. Thank for setting it up👍🏼

• Like 1